After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Crashing when saving

Every time I try and save a certain project, no matter the amount of progress since the last save it will get stuck on 0%, and then eventually crash, making it impossible to use and preventing me from finishing client projects for work. Not all that impressed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. All GPU capable effects in AE 2020 (17.0) won't load

All native GPU capable effects in AE 2020 (17.0) don't load. They're all missing after AE has loaded. Yes, that's pretty insane.

I've had this problem with my old GeForce 780 Ti from the beginning. Now I bought a GeForce RTX 2060 Super, but the problem remains..

I've already tried the following:
    - re-installed the whole Adobe Suite, using the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool
    - installed different versions of Nvidia drivers, including the latest one
    - disabled all 3rd party effects and scripts

I'm on Win10pro, 32GB RAM, Intel i7
    AE 2019 works like a charm on the same machine.
    I've installed AE…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Aerender Bug

Hi I'm getting some errors while rendering through Aerender. I've attached a text file of the command prompt info. Here are some lines that I'd like help understanding and fixing:

*** GL Error: DXGIERRORDEVICEREMOVED (0x887a0005), Device removed reason: DXGIERRORDRIVERINTERNAL_ERROR (0x887a0020): CreateCommandQueue failed ***
    *** GL Error: CreateCommandQueue failed ***
    *** GL Error: MakeDirectXSystem failed ***

The Photoshop Library operation failed because there is not enough memory (RAM).
    Photoshop Library failed to load. PSD files will not be supported. You may need to reinstall.
    After Effects can't continue: unexpected failure during application startup

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AE2020 older project with Warp Stabilizer

AE2020 appears to have a bug when opening project with footage that has Warp Stabilizer applied. Windows 10, Nvidia RTX2060.

Steps to reproduce: In AE2019 create comp, import *.mov ProRes422, apply Warp Stablizer, save project. Close 2019, open project in 2020, RAM preview is broken.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. AE2020 Crush when opening project or importing file

Weird phenomenon - projects that open with no problem in version 2019 - crashes in version 2020. These are very simple projects. On the Mac they open in 2020, on the PC they don't. I tried to reinstall the software with no external plugins and didn't help. I tried to create a light version of the projects - just one composition - with just one layer of photoshop - still didn't help. Again - this is about a variety of projects, with different sources. i attach a screen pic of the project in AE19 that not open in AE2020. and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AE 2020 crashes immediately after loading a project

AE 2020 crashes immediately after loading a project,
    though importing the same project.
    Sometimes it does not crash, but becomes unresponsive: nothing reacts to interaction.

Sometime this alert shows up:
    Last log message was: <140736263529344> <Scripting> <5> Executing startup/shutdown script at: /Applications/Adobe After Effects 2020/Scripts/Shutdown/About the Shutdown folder.txt

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. After Effects 2020 Cineware Errors

A simple Cinema 4D project file won't render properly in After Effects 2020. It works without a problem in After Effects 2019. I have found the issue to be the Boole object in the object manager. If you turn off the Boole, the scene will render in After Effects. Therefore, it must be a bug introduced in the AE 2020. I have attached the C4D file for confirmation of the bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. After Effects 2020 Cineware Errors

A simple Cinema 4D project file won't render properly in After Effects 2020. It works without a problem in After Effects 2019. I have found the issue to be the Boole object in the object manager. If you turn off the Boole, the scene will render in After Effects. Therefore, it must be a bug introduced in the AE 2020. I have attached the C4D file for confirmation of the bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. sourceRectAtTime expression has unpredictable results when used in a mogrt.

This happens a lot. I use the mogrt and everything seems fine and I render my video from Premiere. Then the layer that has the sourceRectAtTime expression will start jumping around the screen and appearing/disappearing. I restart Premiere, and sometimes it's back to normal, sometimes the jumping around is different. Every render is a surprise.
    I've been building morgrts since the start, using these expressions, but since AE 16.1 update, it's been buggy with unpredictable results in Premiere.
    Also, if I reopen a comp in Premiere that has a mogrt that uses the responsive time feature, the clip is sometimes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG: Expression Breaks RAM Preview/Memory Leak

I have been working on a project for 10+ hours. It uses nested compositions and expressions referencing between compositions. One of the expressions is a for-loop that runs the sampleImage() expression four times - this expression in particular seems to be causing a lot of problems and throwing "internal errors."

The project has reached a point where it loads fine if all expressions are disabled - the preview updates immediately when I move the time indicator - but as soon as the expression is activated the property color changes from blue to green and hangs there instead of turning red.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BUG Auto save is crashing Windows 10. - maybe Wacom related?

Maybe it is a wacom driver conflict?
    If Auto save starts while mouse is being pressed, or dragged or selecting, it crashes machine completely. Needs sorting!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Horizontal Guides cause performance lag in Version 16.1.1

When using Horizontal guides in After Effects version 16.1.1 I get a huge performance lag where any operation within the program takes around 7 seconds to complete. It is impossible to work with Horizontal guides turned on. Vertical guides cause no issues at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. utiliser moins de ram

bonjour
    j'aimerais savoir pourquoi quand j'allume after effect CC2018, j'ouvre mon projet et la au bout de 10 min de travail et bien after effect plante, donc je l'ai rallumer en regardant le gestionnaire des taches, la mémoire ne fait que augmenter jusque'a ne plus pouvoir, et finit par planter (j'ai 16go DDR4) je ne comprend plus, cela m'empèche de travailler correctement.

J'aimerais de l'aide, Merci d'avance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Essential graphics panel drag and drop does not work

When I drag and drop an text layer eg. into the panel I see the blue edge, but it is not added. I tried with several different layers.

This happened with the latest update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug 3D Camera tracker - Illegal XML character

In the 3D camera tracker effect, in the advanced settings, the penultimate option is not complete ("Supprimer automatiquement les p").
    When I check or uncheck the box, a pop-up error window says "After Effects (erreur) : Caractère XML "⊗" non autorisé dans la chaîne "Supprimer automatiquement les pobots dan⊗" (23 § 0)"
    You can see it on the screen capture.

I don't know what this character is, but maybe it comes from a translation error.
    I use Adobe After Effects CC 2019 (Version 16.1.2, Build 55), in French, on Windows 10 Family 64 bits with all the latest updates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: "AE CC 2019 Hangs on Initialize MediaCore Stage"

AE CC 2019 v16.1.2 - Startup hangs for a long time on Initialize MediaCore Stage. This is caused by the Adobe Dynamic Link Manager CC 2019 Process taking a long time to initiate for some reason.

It works perfectly in AE CC 2018. v15.1.2 The Adobe Dynamic Link Manager CC 2018 Process loads up right away allowing the program to launch right away. No freezing or hanging on the Initialize MediaCore stage

If you rename the dynamiclinkmanager.exe file that is located in your C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2019\Support Files to ex. "DynamicLInkManager_backup.exe". This will allow you to get past…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it stop crashing at close after clearing cache

Frequently crashes after I clear the cache and try to close AE. Have to force quit AE via the Task Manager.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. protected region can't use continuous rasterize

Is this where to do bug reports? Whatever, this is where I'm doing it.

Create an animation in a composition, somewhere in the middle. Create a protected region there. Also create a master property. In my case I added fill and added the color.

Now insert that into another composition. Hit play. Should work ok.
    Now hit continuously rasterize.
    You Should get an error that AE needs at least 2 frames to play back.

Honestly, this Sort of makes sense. I want to continously rasterize the vector graphics from there, but since I'm changing the color, it shouldn't work? It's…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. After Effects crash on Dell laptop after May 2019 update

There appears to be a stability issue involving Intel UHD drivers and the May 2019 Windows update on Dell laptops. After updating to the May 2019 update for Windows 10, After Effects immediately crashes with Dell D1000 dock plugged in (updated to latest drivers)
    After Effects will launch when D1000 is plugged in, but will launch when the device is unplugged. Appears to be an issue with the Intel UHD drivers, as even with the D1000 unplugged After Effects still freezes when opening a project file. But the program will launch and run with Intel UHD drivers disabled, even with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base