After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. after effect 2020 not working at all

I have been working on After Effect for many years since variation 3.1. I've never come across such a thing. Projects that open without problems in version 2019 cannot open at all in version 2020. When I open a project - The process then begins and then the program collapses. I've done tests and prepared only one-layer projects in version 19 - and those didn't open in version 2020 either

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. save as file name error

When I do "Save as", the file name comes up in some encrypted font of random numbers/letters

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unspecified Drawing Error when audio panel is open

I kept getting the pop up come up saying draw string error, and it seems to only be occurring when the audio panel is open.

using AE 17.0.6
    Windows 10

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. shape layer vertex point jumps off screen when zoomed in at 800%

I'm encountering an issue when trying to move vertex points on a shape layer. I select them and move my mouse, the vertex point then jumps way off screen. It seems to happen when I have my second monitor on, and goes away when I turn it off.

UPDATE: It seems the issue is actually related to how zoomed in I am. At 800% the issue occurs, but <=400% it doesn't happen.

I'm on Win 10, with a 4K monitor, scaling set to 125% in windows

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Playback will frequently not work, related to audio drivers somehow

Every once and a while, After Effects will not play back. When the space bar is pressed, the playhead will stay in place - sometimes even go backwards a couple frames. The only way to fix it is to switch audio drivers through preferences, or restart the program.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Audio output unsupported. Aftereffects completely disabled.

I have a 2019 Mac pro. In It I have installed an Allegro USB card from Sonnet. My USB compatible speakers are plugged into that card.

Aftereffects will not play back ANYTHING, if AE has those speakers setup for audio output.

FIX THIS.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BUG REPORT: Motion blur on precomps causes layer order issues

The character's left (screen right) arm is below the body, but when motion blur is on it completely changes the layer order for the duration of the camera move. This can't be by design, because it's absolutely, unusably bad. The only way I've found to fix this recurring problem is to put empty adjustment layers between every single artwork layer.

This was a problem in 2018 and 20119 too. Please fix your software.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BUG: Apply Colour LUT and Point Cloud Tracking (Camera Tracker/Warp Stabilizer)

BUG: Apply Color LUT and Point Cloud Tracking (Camera Tracker/Warp Stabilizer) results in error.

Whenever there is any instance of the Apply Color LUT effect active in a project, whether a LUT is selected or not, applying Warp Stabilizer or 3D Camera Tracker to ANY layer in ANY composition results in error message "unable to obtain dynamic link project" when starting analysis.

Tested with various footage types and comp settings/sizes in 8 and 16 bit modes.

AE Version: 17.0.6

Ryzen 3700X, RTX2070S, 32Gb 3600Mhz DDR4 RAM.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Crashing when re-saving CSV data

I have a CSV document imported into my project file. Working great, although seem to be having an issue where if I make an edit to the CSV file and re-save it, AE crashes. No spinny-wheel, just closes almost instantly. Sometimes get a recovery project and an error message (attached), but not always.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "incompatible device or old graphics driver" with GTX1070Ti and Studio Driver 442.92

After upgrade to AE 17.0.6 on Win10 1909/18363.815, graphics acceleration died in all Creative Cloud apps. System Compatibility Report shows no issues, cards are fine and work with other 3D apps. Running latest NVIDIA studio driver.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. AE 2020 stuck playing after space preview

This is very unique.
    Create a composition, let's say HD.
    Switch to 32bit mode.
    Turn the composition viewer exposure control on - set the little exposure icon to any value, lets say +1.
    Now this happens at different zoom levels depending on composition resolution, but if you're at 50% now if you press space to preview the comp, it works. You press space again and it stops.
    But zoom in to 100% maybe 200% and press space.
    The preview starts but you can't stop it. Pressing space, esc or anything other doesn't work.
    Here are the requirements:
    - 32bit
    -…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG REPORT: LIQUIFY+CAMERA TRACK error

Just a follow up to my support ticket n.ADB-12718056-M5P1. I managed to isolate the problem. YOU CAN'T USE LIQUIFY FILTER AND CAMERA TRACK (or warp stabilization) in the same composition (even if applied on different layers). It generates the following dynamic link error: "unable to obtain dynamiclink project".
    If your remove liquify filter everything is ok.
    My system is Windows 10 Pro - 2xCPU E5-2670 - 96GB RAM - NVIDIA QUADRO k5000. To test it, just create a simple composition with any fullHD footage you may have, make a copy of the AVlayer, on the first one apply the liquify…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG REPORT: LIQUIFY+CAMERA TRACK error

Just a follow up to my support ticket n.ADB-12718056-M5P1. I managed to isolate the problem. YOU CAN'T USE LIQUIFY FILTER AND CAMERA TRACK (or warp stabilization) in the same composition (even if applied on different layers). It generates the following dynamic link error: "unable to obtain dynamiclink project".
    If your remove liquify filter everything is ok.
    My system is Windows 10 Pro - 2xCPU E5-2670 - 96GB RAM - NVIDIA QUADRO k5000. Test attached file or just make a new one, just substitute the missing clip with any fullHD footage you may have. This is my first BUG report, do…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. HELP! Real Time Frame Rate Issue

Please see attached video for explanation. I am unsure how to fix this issue

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Motion tile has a nearly indefeatable warning window when you make something too large

whenever you make motion tile exceed the 30k pixel limit, the warning pops up. About 45 times until you can smash the capslock key in the fraction of a second between hitting okay and the warning popping back up. It makes it very hard to fix whatever the problem in the first place was. Could we just get a warning on the layer or effect or even just it turning the broken thing off?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. CC20 complaining on "missing data" 33 § 4, CC19 does not.

Two project files I created on CC19 this week and continued to work on in CC20 are unreadable after saving and re-opening. On CC20 the error is 33 § 4 (Missing Data). This also applies to the render process in AME which can't start.

The same file opens correctly on CC20 in OSX and CC19 on Windows as well.

Other files created in CC20 are opened without any issues.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Team Projects cause After Effects to crash if they contain .srt captions files

After Effects crashes when loading a Team Project which contains .srt captions files imported in Premiere Pro.

Team Projects are supposed to work across applications, however opening a Team Project which has .srt Caption files used in Premiere seems to prevent the project being opened in After Effects.

When opening the Team Project After Effects throws the following Error:
    "After Effects error: file '***' cannot be imported because it is not a recognised file type. ( 39 :: 7 )".
    The project does not open even after clicking OK. It just hangs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. After Effects is locking up often when importing layered Photoshop files.

After Effects is locking up often when importing layered Photoshop files.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base