After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. aerender log skips frames randomly

We are using the logs that aerender creates to watch the rendering process and report it to another entity of our system. However we found out that, despite rendering each and every frame correctly, the log seems to skip frames randomly - which makes it very hard to correctly report the progress and check for dropped or missing frames.

I have attached a sample log file with many of these skips - just to name a few examples:

Skipped 2 frames between 8 <-> 11
    Skipped 1 frames between 13 <-> 15
    Skipped 1 frames between 17 <-> 19
    Skipped…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Corner pin handles not showing up on pre-comp

BUG When adding a corner pin effect, or CC power pin, the handles for the corner pin don't show up. Also the null object doesn't show up either. When you toggle the hide mask button a bunch of times and re-add the corner pin it finally shows up.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the **** 17 :: 19 overflow error. No real number should ever be allowed to save where an integer is expected.

Fix the **** 17 :: 19 overflow error. No real number should ever be allowed to save where an integer is expected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Losing the ability to manipulate the objects in the 3-d space

Every so often when a scene in AE is 3-d tracked I lose the ability to manipulate the objects in the 3-d space. I click on the object in the scene, the item in the editing bay, and every other way to make the 3-d handles appear and nothing works. When this happens it means I have to start from scratch because I can no longer move the objects. In addition I can not make the 3-d trackers reappear in the scene, even if I change the size of the track points. This typically brings them back into the scene…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Playhead freezes frequently and won't move until I restart AE

The audio and video will play, but the playhead stays in the same place. Super annoying, Have to restart AE about every 5 - 10 minutes to keep the playhead working.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [BUG] Media replacements don't work with scaling scripts.

I've made a simple setup using media replacement to replace some images in a composition, but I'm using this expression to scale the images:

w = thisLayer.width;
    h = thisLayer.height;
    extraScale = [effect("ExtraScale")("Slider"),effect("ExtraScale")("Slider")];
    compW = thisComp.width;
    compH = thisComp.height;
    p = thisComp.pixelAspect;
    if ( w < h ){ //test if image is taller than wide
    s = (compW / w ) * 100;
    [ s * p, s ] + extraScale;
    }else{
    s = (compH / h ) * 100;
    [ s , s ] + extraScale;
    }

It works fine when I replace the media inside the comp, but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Roto brush crashes AE when using 4k footage

There’s a bug in After Effects whilst using the rotoscope brush on 4k footage in full res. It completely crashes AE.
    My footage is in MXF format
    3840x2160
    25fps
    Trillions of colours AVCi Rec 709.
    This has been an issue for multiple versions of AE now. Happens using roto v 1 & 2 in Standard and Best. The only workaround I've found is using it in Half res.

My computer is:
    iMac Pro
    3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W
    32GB memory
    Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB
    mac OS 10.15.7

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. After effects out of memory 23 :: 40 has really gotten bad on my system

Only really recently has AE been crashing so bad it ends up being a hard reset on my system.

To preface, there is a good chance that my settings / set up / system could play a big part in what i'm experiencing, However just a few months ago on this same exact system and set up I did not have this issue. (maybe one in a blue moon). And I was working with fairly large 4k footage.

Quick summary of what just happened to me twice today (so far) and once yesterday. I'm doing general tasks in AE, with…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. After Effects 17.7 crashes when attempting to open preferences.

After Effects will crash if I attempt to open any preference pane.
    I am using an 27" iMac (late 2013) running Mojave 10.14.6.
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4 GB.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AE 2021 wont render to Media Encode.

Me and my team mates have found that AE 2021 crashes every time we try to send a file to render in ME. I currently am on build 18.0.1 and working off of a box drive. Dynamic link still works for PP in this build though it looks like the last build that worked for AE for me was 2019 which is no longer available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. after effects having poor stability and losing connection to media encoder

After Effects is having major stability issues since last update. Loses connection with media encoder, and requires hard restart to re-establish a link. Very frustrating, please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reproducible memory leak in After Effects 18.1.0 on M1 MacBook Pro when attempting to stabilize a long clip

With the caveat that I am new to AE and am probably not using it as intended, AE 18.1.0 on an M1 MacBook Pro (2TB 16GB) running Big Sur 11.3.1 is exhibiting a reproducible memory leak when applying motion tracking / motion stabilization to a particularly jittery clip that is ~7 minutes long. I have not tried other clips; first time using AE. It appears that AE is not releasing memory. See attached images.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New MAXON Cinema 4D File --> After Effects: AEGP Plugin CINEWARE SeceneLayer: Cineware AliveThread- Execute failed (5027:12)

AE Version 17.5.0 (Build 40) Cinema 4D S22
    I have Deinstalled C4D and After Effects and Reinstalled After Effects
    For the first time the issue is gone, but after installing Updates inC4D
    (22.123 and S22 Content Libraries - LIte the same Problem:
    EGP Plugin CINEWARE SeceneLayer: Cineware AliveThread- Execute failed (5027:12)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Insta360 plug caused After Effects to not be able to import files when linking from Adobe Premiere.

There is a bug in either After Effects or Insta360 plugin. When the plugin is installed, trying to import other types of files fails when linking from Premiere. (Replace Footage with After Effects Composition) or doing file Import directly in After Effects.

I have detailed the problem in this thread:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/the-vsni-file-is-damaged-or-unsupported/m-p/11886397#M164660

Basically, once the plugin is installed the default file type for import becomes Insta360 and the only way to change this is to delete the plugin OR select "All Files" instead of "All Footage Files". Then MPEG or other file types can be selected under the Format dropdown.

To…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AE Crashes for some users during use of the tool FreqReact

I'm pretty desperate for some insight on a problem that's been plaguing my tool FreqReact for a while now. For some users, After Effects fully crashes when they enter in to what I call the 'Spectrum View' (which is where they would select frequencies in the music that they want to react to.) It's been impossible to diagnose as it's a very difficult problem to reproduce (It never happens on my machines).

Some details:
    - Some people only experience a crash on their first launch and never again after restarting AE
    - For others, restarting AE wasn't enough, but restarting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. rotobrush 2 crashes w/ Linearize Working Space Checked

Was experiencing crashes when using Rotobrush 2 - AE would instantly crash when clicking a rotobrush selection (green brush). Cleared prefs, purged cache, saved media and project to desktop...nothing worked - finally tried disabling Linear Working Space in project settings - FIXED. Rotobrush 2 does not seem to be stable in a Linear 1.0 working space.

After Effects 17.7
    Windows 10
    256GB Ram
    Titan RTX

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Go to beginning of composition, layer, or footage item

Go to beginning of composition, layer, or footage item (keyboard shortcut Home or Ctrl+Alt+Left Arrow) seems to be broken or obsolete on AE 17.5.0 Build 40

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 17.7 crashing opening project with missing files

AE 17.7 crashing when opening [AE 17.6] project file with 2 missing assets (2 small prores422 mov files). Had to roll back to AE17.6. Opened same project file in 17.6 and it also said that 2 files are missing, but did not crash like 17.7 did.
    I'm so tired of this. It's like walking through a minefield. Before Creative Cloud AE versions were more stable - someone there was responsible for the product they are shipping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Progress bar inaccuracy

I'm using AE beta to do lots of RotoBrush 2 work, it's about 2X as fast as using it in AE not Beta BUT the progress bar is inaccurate. It freezes after a miture or so, and the overlays for the roto progress bar (the blue bar) is missing. You probably know all of this, but I'm just offering what I see. Thanks for the amazing software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base