After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Bug] When opening this project the first time after effects starts it breaks, returns lots of errors while loading about the pseudo

[Bug] When opening this project the first time after effects starts it breaks, returns lots of errors while loading about the pseudo

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AE keeps crashing since update

I did the update yesterday, everything worked fine, untill suddenly AE crashed. Since then it keeps crashing the moment I click on anything, no matter which project I open. I then get the following report:

<140735969784704> <BEEWorkQueue> <5> BEEProject::TimestampGetNext ZANZIBAR-3: cannot produce timestamp, frozen=0, open=0.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rendering Glitch

I was putting together a video which had not that many elements which was running smooth throughout the process. Mind you we are running these programs on iMac Pros so it should not be a problem. The video in total was about 2min & 2sec. The problems started to arise when I started to render through Adobe Media Encoder. The render itself took about 35 to 45 mins which is odd. With the number of elements running on the video plus the iMac it’s also running on should not take that long. While rendering I was scrubbing back and forth…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. All GPU capable effects in AE 2020 (17.0) won't load

All native GPU capable effects in AE 2020 (17.0) don't load. They're all missing after AE has loaded. Yes, that's pretty insane.

I've had this problem with my old GeForce 780 Ti from the beginning. Now I bought a GeForce RTX 2060 Super, but the problem remains..

I've already tried the following:
    - re-installed the whole Adobe Suite, using the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool
    - installed different versions of Nvidia drivers, including the latest one
    - disabled all 3rd party effects and scripts

I'm on Win10pro, 32GB RAM, Intel i7
    AE 2019 works like a charm on the same machine.
    I've installed AE…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Aerender Bug

Hi I'm getting some errors while rendering through Aerender. I've attached a text file of the command prompt info. Here are some lines that I'd like help understanding and fixing:

GL Error: DXGIERRORDEVICEREMOVED (0x887a0005), Device removed reason: DXGIERRORDRIVERINTERNAL_ERROR (0x887a0020): CreateCommandQueue failed
    GL Error: CreateCommandQueue failed
    GL Error: MakeDirectXSystem failed

The Photoshop Library operation failed because there is not enough memory (RAM).
    Photoshop Library failed to load. PSD files will not be supported. You may need to reinstall.
    After Effects can't continue: unexpected failure during application startup

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. workspaces corrupt preferences

Nearly every time I encounter a bug, it's due to work spaces. It's the single most corruptible aspect of AE. The default spaces are terrible. Worse, I go though time and effort to tweak my setup and ultimately have to blow away prefs when something like ram preview or playback becomes broken, due to corrupt preferences.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AE 2020 crashes immediately after loading a project

AE 2020 crashes immediately after loading a project,
    though importing the same project.
    Sometimes it does not crash, but becomes unresponsive: nothing reacts to interaction.

Sometime this alert shows up:
    Last log message was: <140736263529344> <Scripting> <5> Executing startup/shutdown script at: /Applications/Adobe After Effects 2020/Scripts/Shutdown/About the Shutdown folder.txt

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. After Effects freezes when importing a single image

Using CC2019 (latest version but problem exists longer):

When importing a single image via the After Effects import dialog, After Effects freezes. Dragging and dropping works fine (and is what I do in the meantime), as well as importing image sequences.

Sometimes After Effects recovers after some minute of freezing, sometimes only Task Manager can help to close the program.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. After Effects 2020 Cineware Errors

A simple Cinema 4D project file won't render properly in After Effects 2020. It works without a problem in After Effects 2019. I have found the issue to be the Boole object in the object manager. If you turn off the Boole, the scene will render in After Effects. Therefore, it must be a bug introduced in the AE 2020. I have attached the C4D file for confirmation of the bug.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. After Effects 2020 Cineware Errors

A simple Cinema 4D project file won't render properly in After Effects 2020. It works without a problem in After Effects 2019. I have found the issue to be the Boole object in the object manager. If you turn off the Boole, the scene will render in After Effects. Therefore, it must be a bug introduced in the AE 2020. I have attached the C4D file for confirmation of the bug.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Composite Masks cause GPU errors

I posted this bug in November 2018. One year on and it is still as prevalent as ever.

Using composite masks with a GPU accelerated effect causes GPU error. It suggests I have run out of GPU memory. A quick check tells me I'm using 3.5/11GB. Because of this bug I have to run all my projects using Software Rendering.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dividing by zero in Expressions.

Have anything divided by zero, default to zero value instead of undefined.

In expressions when you divide by zero, it causes the expression to break. it would be cool if AE was smart enough to ignore this and just pretend that anything divided by zero had the value of zero. so we don't have to put if/then statements into our code to avoid this.

an example is if you are using expressions to keep the stroke of a shape layer constant as it scales. the expression looks somewhat like this.

stroke/scale/100

if scale is zero, it breaks, but if the…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Essential graphics panel drag and drop does not work

When I drag and drop an text layer eg. into the panel I see the blue edge, but it is not added. I tried with several different layers.

This happened with the latest update.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG Auto save is crashing Windows 10. - maybe Wacom related?

Maybe it is a wacom driver conflict?
    If Auto save starts while mouse is being pressed, or dragged or selecting, it crashes machine completely. Needs sorting!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BUG: localeCompare() immediately crashes After Effects!

Typing localeCompare() into any expression immediately crashes After Effects!

This also occurs with the majority of autocomplete options for "locale".

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. CRITICAL: Cannot launch After Effects since update to 2019

Cannot launch After Effects since update to 2019! After Effects crashes the second I launch After Effects. I log the crash report through the Adobe dialog that appears then After Effects displays the splash screen saying it is initialising MediaCore but never gets past this. Premiere Pro and Media Encoder work fine.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. protected region can't use continuous rasterize

Is this where to do bug reports? Whatever, this is where I'm doing it.

Create an animation in a composition, somewhere in the middle. Create a protected region there. Also create a master property. In my case I added fill and added the color.

Now insert that into another composition. Hit play. Should work ok.
    Now hit continuously rasterize.
    You Should get an error that AE needs at least 2 frames to play back.

Honestly, this Sort of makes sense. I want to continously rasterize the vector graphics from there, but since I'm changing the color, it shouldn't work? It's…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Horizontal Guides cause performance lag in Version 16.1.1

When using Horizontal guides in After Effects version 16.1.1 I get a huge performance lag where any operation within the program takes around 7 seconds to complete. It is impossible to work with Horizontal guides turned on. Vertical guides cause no issues at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Roto Brush refine edge crash

AE 16.1.1
    Haven't used roto brush in a while so don't know when this problem showed up.
    Do a roto brush pass on a shot, works great.
    Move to the first frame, select refine edge brush, click somewhere on the edge to start the refine edge working mode. Now advance one frame forward - crash.
    Repeated the same steps in AE 2018 - works fine :/

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base