After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Essential Graphics Bug

Need to fix a bug in the system. Killing projects by trying to use Essential Graphics is essentially a bad way of business.

I'm stuck in a loop with the error
    After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! (stream at index has gone wrong matchname)

This is the first time I've seen this error.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: "Create Nulls from Points" and 3D layers

There is a bug with the the "Create Nulls from Points" feature. If all the nulls and layers are set to 3D, and then the project is closed and opened again, After Effects will crash (i.e. the file is corrupted). Leaving the layers as 2D seems to work fine.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Click and Drag Freezes App

Anytime I try to click and drag in the composition, whether it's to move something, resize something, or change an anchor point, the whole application will freeze for a few minutes, giving me the "not responding" indications that Windows has. Eventually, it will start responding again, but without having made any changes.
    I can still change position, scale and anchor point numerically in the timeline, but that can be inconvenient for certain things

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make AE great again!

What you can do? You could program it to work! The last update (15.1) is not acceptable on my system. My workflow is interrupted and I have to jump back to an older version (14.2). This costs time, money and annoyance. After Effects was(!) quality, stability and reliability. Now it has become a rattle box. Make AE great again!

Using AE since 1995 - on a PowerMacintosh with a dongle.
    Now: MacBook PRO OSX10.13.4 - with annoy.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug: system crash when rendering Photoshop files

When previewing / rendering larger comps which have sub-comps generated by importing Photoshop files as comps, system crashes because it runs out of disk space:
    In Users[username]\AppData\Local\Temp I get a file "Photoshop Temp1284038260" that keeps growing until the harddrive is literally completely full. (Although neither After Effects nor Photoshop are supposed to use that drive for caching.) It shrinks and then gets completely deleted when quitting AE.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Illustrator bug in 4K comps

When animating Illustrator layers in a 4K comp, they sometimes get cut off in weird ways - as if there's a mask there that shouldn't be - and this bug is reflected in the full render as well as the preview. Setting the resolution to half (1080P) or lower displays and renders the image properly. Purging memory/cache, switching GPUs, restarting, working locally only, and trying other machines has not worked. This bug is also present when rendering at full resolution through Media Encoder. My main system is running Windows 10 Pro with a GTX 780 as my display card and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 12 13 14 16 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?