After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug 15.1.0 and 15.1.1: Cached preview needs 2 ore more frames to playback

I suddenly received the error "Cached Preview needs 2 ore more frames to playback" for a project and export also did not work anymore. It is reproducible on macOS 10.12.6 and 10.13.5 with 15.1.0 and 15.1.1. I went back to 15.0.1 and it works (upgrading again to 15.1.1 leads to the fact that it does not work anymore again).

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information in order to investigate this problem.

• What OS and version are you using? i.e., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14
    • Are you able to reproduce this problem, or does it only happen once?
    • Do you get any error messages associated with this crash? If so, what do they say?
    • Do you get the Adobe Crash Reporter dialog? If not, choose Help > Adobe Crash Reporter from inside After Effects. We like receiving crash reports, and prefer that you use the “Always show this dialog” option so that you can fill in the additional information after the crash. When the Adobe Crash Report dialog appears, please always provide notes about what you did before the crash occurred. If you have filed the bug, please include a the bug number in the notes. We also appreciate if you fill in your email…
  3. Hard lock on previewing comp

Attempting to preview a 1080p comp with a couple 3d layers and effects, and After Effects locks up completely while generating a humongous crash log without offering a dialog to close the program. I need to kill the process in Task Manager in order to shut down. I submitted a crash report on the one time I received the proper dialog, but have more (5-10 GB) crash logs should they be useful.

Running latest version of AE on Windows 10, Nvidia 970GTX with updated drivers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AE 2018 Crashes (15.1.2)

Having a lot of issues with After Effects on Mac recently. The program crashes when I attempt to preview and sometimes when I try to send to Media Encoder.

I have attached the report log below.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report, and for attaching the crash log.

The crash log indicates that the GenArts Sapphire plug-in is causing the crash. (See Thread 28 in the log.) Have you contacted BorisFX/GenArts regarding this problem?

Also, have you tested this comp in the current release of After Effects CC, version 16.0.1? You can install this version via the Creative Cloud desktop application.

If you need further assistance with this issue, this could be addressed more easily by our support team. You can open a case with them via call or chat at this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

5. Project loading bug when using Dynamic Link with Premiere

When using a Premiere sequence in AE (File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import Premiere Pro Sequece...) the project will not open until you first open the linked project in Premiere first.

AE just freezes at the loading screen and never loads the project.

Please reference this forum thread:
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10214005#10214005

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mesh warp bad parameter bug

Exporting from premiere I got an "Unable to create frame" error on an AE linked comp (error code -160962695). The comp was an animation of a PNG graphic with some Mesh warp "glitch" effects.

Tried to render from AE, initially got an error about the memory requirements of the frame while in 32bpc color (error 12804) but after switching to 8bpc I started to get a different error, after that point it was the same error in either 32 or 8pbc.

The final error was a Bad parameter error (error 516) and I discovered that it was the animated Mesh…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing the project file. I was able to reproduce the problem, both with your project and by replicating the conditions of the bug from scratch.

This is a bug which has existed in the Mesh Warp effect for a long time. At this time we do not plan to fix it, because the conditions of the bug are uncommon and easy to work around. But we will leave this bug in “Under Review” state to allow people to continue to vote on it. If this problem is more common that we assume, we can raise the priority and fix this in a future update.

The problem is a combination of a high-resolution layer and moving the mesh warp points a great distance outside of the bounds of the layer.

In this case, your layer is greater than 8000×5000 pixels, though scaled down to 10%, and one of…

7. Bug - I cannot open JSON data project in CC2018 update 15.1.1, created in 15.1.0

Cannot open a previously created data driven project, it says: Problem encountered with file. Conversion to MGJSON using converter JSON with id com.adobe.sensor.jsonConverter failed

?????????????????

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AE completely non-functional

I'm a first time CC user.

After effects on my freshly installed iMac with High Sierra 10.13.3
    Can't open projects in AE - when I try nothing happens, or sometimes AE will freeze. Other CC apps I've installed work fine, AE is terrible though, completely unusable.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Interspersing random frames from other layers

Just upgraded go AE 2018. Some improvements, of course, but one glaring bug...during playback, random frames from other layers are inserted into other layers during playback. When I downsave the project to AE 2014 and pull it up in that version, it doesn't happen.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: version 15.1.0 of Ae crashes when converting .psd and .ai files to layered comps, also when converting psd files to editable text.

BUG: version 15.1.0 of Ae crashes when converting .psd and .ai files to layered comps, also when converting psd files to editable text.

Pleas fix these issues.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Error Parsing properties list from memory

When clicking the text tool, brush tool, clone tool, erase tool, or clicking Windows>Align, Brushes, or Character I get an error that says "After Effects warning: Error parsing properties list from memory." For the tools, I can use them after clicking and getting the error. For the menu items, I cannot use them. The workaround is to show "All Panels" and then I can use those functions.

I running MacOS 10.13.4 on a iMac Pro 10 core (Late 2017). I don't have to tell Adobe how frustrating this error is... its terrible for my workflow. Please fix.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Wacom tablet issues Mac OSX.

While using my Wacom tablet, I have run into an issue. The best way to describe it, is that the interoperability becomes "Sticky". While I am working suddenly when I try to perform an operation, After Effects errantly panel moves for the current comp I am working on. If I attempt to make a selection after this, it moves the comp panel to whatever window I have selected next, and then, the track selection box continues to be active until I right click. It doesn't happen with my mouse, only with my Wacom. I have had this problem with version…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Libraries panel causes repeated script errors

The opening of the libraries panel causes repeated "Unable to execute script at line 1, File or folder does not exist" errors. This recurrs when opening any document where the libraries panel was open.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Legacy Puppet causing consistent hard crash

CC2018 (15.1.0-build166)
    Ive been able to recreate this error consistently on MacOS 10.12.6:
    1. apply a puppet mesh to a comp
    2. Switch to Legacy Puppet
    3. Adjust to desired mesh density
    4. Duplicate the comp layer
    5. further interaction with these layers results in hard crash

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug Report: AE Freezes after importing a folder as an image sequence that's missing images

If I try to drag and drop a folder full of images that have the same name but different numbers at the end AE will give me the error: After Effects warning: "-.jpg" is missing frames (-***)." and freeze.

This happens a lot since I usually work with Getty images where the names are: GettyImages-97353563.jpg, GettyImages-31104384.jpg, etc...

If I hold ALT when dragging the folder in it imports the folder fine without freezing (as a folder full of images). If I change the names of all the images so they're not the same it'll import fine without…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. font

PLEASE fix the bug that does not recognize third party fonts and forces you to manually update every single text layer to the correct font. It's an issue in the latest versions of After Effects and Premiere and in typography-heavy projects, this has been an absolute nightmare that is costing our team hours of work.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. h264 Issue

I had a major issue opening up an older project today. I went through multiple reinstalls, Adobe CC Cleaner tool, a round with Adobe support because my apps were suddenly not working even after installing (that's another long story) etc. without any remedy before coming to this resolution. A full 5 hours spent on this issue.

At first, I thought it might be Premiere linked comps so I copied the AE project over to my desktop and unmounted the original drive to force a disconnect between the project and any source files. I then opened the AE project without any…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please fix the "premultiplied" alpha channel option

There is a bug with premultiplied alpha channels. I found that it is doing the "unpremult" operation in the wrong gamma space, causing dark edges on semi-transparent CGI renderings (like clouds and smoke). Please fix this! Interestingly OpenEXR's do not seem to have this problem.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Wrap Stabilizer BUG

The Wrap Stabilizer function is not reliable at all. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it displays the message "Unable to acquire rendered frame"
    I have tried different clips, and it crashes on all of them. I'm not the only one who encountered this problem, which doesn't seem to have a solution. PLEASE HELP!!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base