After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trapcode Particular "Effects Builder" in crashing Ae.

After Effect 16.0.1 immediately crashes when attempting to open the "Effects Builder" window in Trapcode Particular v2.6.0.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Dynamic link with Character Animator

Would be nice if DL worked as advertised... AE won't see updated CA file, plays the original file. Very annoying. I have to save out to new project file from CA and then replace footage in AE. What's the point then for DL?????

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please can we import linked files from external hard drives and cloud files without dynamic link 86::1 issues

Ae - Pr - Ch - All have dynamic link issues when using multiple External HDs for source files. Please can this be implemented.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. BUG: Shape layer with the built-in glow effect adds edges to composition (Windows 64-bit CC 2019 v16.0.1)

I created a basic shape layer (ellipse) and added the built-in glow effect to it. I customised the effect and later noticed that it adds some hard edges to my composition. Upon discussion on After Effects forum, I found out it's a bug and so, filed a bug report here.

For the screenshots, file and discussion, visit: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2573455

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug copying/pasting position data from face track to a null

This is a bug where copying the mask motion data from face tracking and pasting it into the position of a null causes the application to crash.

This is a repeatable event, please fix.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

In simple tests, I was unable to cause a crash by copying the Mask Path property of a face-tracked mask to the Position property of a null layer.

Can you provide us with a project, with footage, that reproduces the problem?

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

6. Fix GPU errors with curves & mask composites.

Since AE 2019 using curves along with composite masks occasionally (and quite often) causes GPU errors which brings up a pop telling me to use software rendering. I'm using a 1080Ti so have plenty of spare memory. I believe curves has just moved to GPU since the 2019 update so it make sense that this bug has only just surfaced.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Is this on Windows or Mac? Which version of the OS?

Can you provide us with specific steps that cause the crash? ex., Apply Curves with X settings and add X number of masks. Or whatever steps lead to the crash.

Or, could you send us a project file that demonstrates the problem? You can post a link here, or if you prefer you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. Please post back if you send an email, as we need to check that inbox manually.

A crash log would also be helpful. Do you get the Adobe Crash Reporter dialog? If not, please choose Help > Adobe Crash Reporter, and set it to always show the dialog. When you get the crash, make sure to add a comment. We also like it (but it is not required) when you include your email…

7. Puppet Tool stops comp from rendering (but is fixable)

Occasionally while working with the puppet tool (advanced or legacy), suddenly my comp will no longer render (including any parent comps), and I have no error messages or any other feedback.

If I turn off the offending puppet effect, things will render gain, but as soon as I re-enable the puppet effect, the comp again stops rendering, leaving me with a window.

Good news is that I can fix this error by simply toggling the puppet engine to advanced and then back to legacy (or viseversa) and everything works again.

Not a project breaking error, as it is quickly fixable,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create Editable Text Bug

I've discovered and confirmed a bug with the help of your support team.

In AE 2019.1, (I tested on Win10, another user was on MacOS with same result) when you right click on a PSD layer that was text and hit convert to editable text, it was crashing for me about half the time, with no indication why since it was working on the same fonts and same projects sometimes.

When i tested one of the crashing layers INSTEAD of right clicking and going to the MENU Layer>Reveal>Create Editable text, it worked flawlessly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In a simple test, I can not reproduce this problem.

Can you provide us with a PSD and an After Effects project that causes the crash? This will help us investigate.

Please post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

10. Crash on export

After Effects (and Premiere Pro) randomly crashes on export (when bringing up export dialog), feels like something related to system filebrowser...

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Master Properties & Scripting Bug - randomly changing properties even when keyframed

AEP Setup: A large number of instances of a comp rigged with Master Properties. set up to randomly (and persistently) select between a number of face illustrations, all with 3 checks (or x's). In the comp containing the instances, scale, rotation & position, and 3 Check MPs are controlled via expressions that use luminance of another layer to control a size bump & a wave where all the X's turn into checks.

Problem: Even when keyframed and with expressions disabled, some checks flicker back and forth between checks & x's. Problem can be seen starting at 0:00:27:03 in the 'Where…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug 15.1.0 and 15.1.1: Cached preview needs 2 ore more frames to playback

I suddenly received the error "Cached Preview needs 2 ore more frames to playback" for a project and export also did not work anymore. It is reproducible on macOS 10.12.6 and 10.13.5 with 15.1.0 and 15.1.1. I went back to 15.0.1 and it works (upgrading again to 15.1.1 leads to the fact that it does not work anymore again).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We need more information in order to investigate this problem.

• What OS and version are you using? i.e., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14
    • Are you able to reproduce this problem, or does it only happen once?
    • Do you get any error messages associated with this crash? If so, what do they say?
    • Do you get the Adobe Crash Reporter dialog? If not, choose Help > Adobe Crash Reporter from inside After Effects. We like receiving crash reports, and prefer that you use the “Always show this dialog” option so that you can fill in the additional information after the crash. When the Adobe Crash Report dialog appears, please always provide notes about what you did before the crash occurred. If you have filed the bug, please include a the bug number in the notes. We also appreciate if you fill in your email…
  14. Hard lock on previewing comp

Attempting to preview a 1080p comp with a couple 3d layers and effects, and After Effects locks up completely while generating a humongous crash log without offering a dialog to close the program. I need to kill the process in Task Manager in order to shut down. I submitted a crash report on the one time I received the proper dialog, but have more (5-10 GB) crash logs should they be useful.

Running latest version of AE on Windows 10, Nvidia 970GTX with updated drivers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AE 2018 Crashes (15.1.2)

Having a lot of issues with After Effects on Mac recently. The program crashes when I attempt to preview and sometimes when I try to send to Media Encoder.

I have attached the report log below.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report, and for attaching the crash log.

The crash log indicates that the GenArts Sapphire plug-in is causing the crash. (See Thread 28 in the log.) Have you contacted BorisFX/GenArts regarding this problem?

Also, have you tested this comp in the current release of After Effects CC, version 16.0.1? You can install this version via the Creative Cloud desktop application.

If you need further assistance with this issue, this could be addressed more easily by our support team. You can open a case with them via call or chat at this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

16. Project loading bug when using Dynamic Link with Premiere

When using a Premiere sequence in AE (File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import Premiere Pro Sequece...) the project will not open until you first open the linked project in Premiere first.

AE just freezes at the loading screen and never loads the project.

Please reference this forum thread:
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10214005#10214005

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug - I cannot open JSON data project in CC2018 update 15.1.1, created in 15.1.0

Cannot open a previously created data driven project, it says: Problem encountered with file. Conversion to MGJSON using converter JSON with id com.adobe.sensor.jsonConverter failed

?????????????????

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mesh warp bad parameter bug

Exporting from premiere I got an "Unable to create frame" error on an AE linked comp (error code -160962695). The comp was an animation of a PNG graphic with some Mesh warp "glitch" effects.

Tried to render from AE, initially got an error about the memory requirements of the frame while in 32bpc color (error 12804) but after switching to 8bpc I started to get a different error, after that point it was the same error in either 32 or 8pbc.

The final error was a Bad parameter error (error 516) and I discovered that it was the animated Mesh…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing the project file. I was able to reproduce the problem, both with your project and by replicating the conditions of the bug from scratch.

This is a bug which has existed in the Mesh Warp effect for a long time. At this time we do not plan to fix it, because the conditions of the bug are uncommon and easy to work around. But we will leave this bug in “Under Review” state to allow people to continue to vote on it. If this problem is more common that we assume, we can raise the priority and fix this in a future update.

The problem is a combination of a high-resolution layer and moving the mesh warp points a great distance outside of the bounds of the layer.

In this case, your layer is greater than 8000×5000 pixels, though scaled down to 10%, and one of…

19. AE completely non-functional

I'm a first time CC user.

After effects on my freshly installed iMac with High Sierra 10.13.3
    Can't open projects in AE - when I try nothing happens, or sometimes AE will freeze. Other CC apps I've installed work fine, AE is terrible though, completely unusable.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base