After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mercury Transmit issue in 16.1

Just upgraded to 16.1 and I can no longer access my external monitor. Mercury transit automatically switches to "monitor 2" when I need it to stay on "monitor 1" even after I reset my preferences.

50 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [BUG] Master Properties can't be changed with expression

I put this simple expression on a master property that cycles through some items. It shows 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, etc. on the control, but it only shows the item #1.

timeToFrames(time/50) % 3 + 1;

This wasn't working on another master property, but it started to at some point on it's own. I've tried purging, recreating the property. About the only thing I haven't tried so far but sometimes works is recreating it all in a new comp.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AE 17.0 RAM Preview unresponsive / stuck

RAM Preview speed has improved but the entire program becomes unresponsive to clicks, spacebar, Num0, ESC, etc. Playback continues on loop and the only way I've found to regain control is to minimize/maximize AE.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RAM Preview Broken

In the latest update, RAM preview is broken. It will cache frames but never finish or get stuck locking existing frame. even when cached, playback is not working. I have to scrub everything right now. I've reset the RAM preview pane state but same results.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix Adobe AE 2020 export in AME 2020

When exporting from After Effects 2020 or a Premiere Pro sequence that has a AE sequence inside, AME 2020 crashes when trying to export.

See https://adobeproblems.wordpress.com/2019/09/16/daily-adobe-quirks-media-encoder-failed/ . Having the same problem on macOS Majove on an iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. string memory leak

Everytime I close after effects, I get a Sting Memory Leak error. I've seen others post it but not how to fix it. Only suggestions to log the bug.

This is with version 16.1.2

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. bug report - playback issue

Having an issue with the new 2020 update that was not happening with 2019. First off, a lot of things are quite laggy when clicked so take a long time to react. Sometimes it's a second or two, sometimes it's so long I start thinking AE is locked up. I can start playback on a section and then it won't stop (by hitting 0, clicking the playhead, hitting Space). Sometimes it takes a few seconds to respond and sometimes up to a minute. Several times now I actually had to force close AE just to make it stop playback.

I…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. AE2020 older project with Warp Stabilizer

AE2020 appears to have a bug when opening project with footage that has Warp Stabilizer applied. Windows 10, Nvidia RTX2060.

Steps to reproduce: In AE2019 create comp, import *.mov ProRes422, apply Warp Stablizer, save project. Close 2019, open project in 2020, RAM preview is broken.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. CRASH: Changing font (Version 16.1.3)

After Effect v. 16.1.3

When I double click the text that I want to edit and go to the fonts dropdown to change the font. It opens normally, like it should.However, as soon as I press an arrow key on my keyboard to navigate through the list.. it immediately crashes.

This is very annoying as it happend a few times now which results in losing some progress over and over again.

I'll stay away from the arrow keys until its fixed ;)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. AE2020 Crush when opening project or importing file

Weird phenomenon - projects that open with no problem in version 2019 - crashes in version 2020. These are very simple projects. On the Mac they open in 2020, on the PC they don't. I tried to reinstall the software with no external plugins and didn't help. I tried to create a light version of the projects - just one composition - with just one layer of photoshop - still didn't help. Again - this is about a variety of projects, with different sources. i attach a screen pic of the project in AE19 that not open in AE2020. and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Interpret Footage Bug

After changing the color profile of any piece of footage I import, I can no longer click interpret footage. It is not greyed out but clicking on it has no effect. Very frustrating while testing color management workflows for upcoming project.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. sourceRectAtTime expression has unpredictable results when used in a mogrt.

This happens a lot. I use the mogrt and everything seems fine and I render my video from Premiere. Then the layer that has the sourceRectAtTime expression will start jumping around the screen and appearing/disappearing. I restart Premiere, and sometimes it's back to normal, sometimes the jumping around is different. Every render is a surprise.
    I've been building morgrts since the start, using these expressions, but since AE 16.1 update, it's been buggy with unpredictable results in Premiere.
    Also, if I reopen a comp in Premiere that has a mogrt that uses the responsive time feature, the clip is sometimes…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG: Expression Breaks RAM Preview/Memory Leak

I have been working on a project for 10+ hours. It uses nested compositions and expressions referencing between compositions. One of the expressions is a for-loop that runs the sampleImage() expression four times - this expression in particular seems to be causing a lot of problems and throwing "internal errors."

The project has reached a point where it loads fine if all expressions are disabled - the preview updates immediately when I move the time indicator - but as soon as the expression is activated the property color changes from blue to green and hangs there instead of turning red.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Expressions: protect against infinite loops

If the user accidentally creates an infinite loop while working in Expressions, After Effects freezes and needs to be force-closed, potentially losing progress on the file the user was working on.

AE should have infinite loop protection built in. Preferably w/ a customizable timeout, for how long to allow a long-running loop to keep going.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Implement memory warning right at start up if other programs use too much already

After Effects memory management is quirky, compared to every single other professional program out there.
    Instead of taking what is there, it overreaches all the time, because of the setting "RAM reserved for OTHER APPS".

So if you have 64GB of RAM, but only 12GB free, and you set AE to "let other Apps use 16GB" you WILL DEFINITELY get an "Out of memory" error later with all the associated problems like crashes, lost work and so on.

So if we can't change the memory management, could we, at least, implement a warning at start up like "Seems you already…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. After Effects Crashes When Moving Timeline Tab

I've been encountering a bug over the last two updates where periodically, if I try to move a tab in the timeline when I have a number of them open, it just flat crashes After Effects. This didn't use to be an issue and it's been downright awful recently.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [16.1.3 Bug]? Freezing with macOS Mojave

Bug report:

Some worrying behaviour with the latest Adobe After Effects Version 16.1.3 (Build 5).
    AE Process may stop responding while doing something intense, tracking in Mocha AE or saving a project.
    Saving work may become impossible or saving may take something up to 40 minutes!
    Also, iMac OS may become unresponsive needing to hard reset your Mac - losing a lot of work. A couple of times iMac has rebooted itself after freezing.
    When this happens both CPU and GPU loads are nothing alarming. RAM is not filled either.

Projects are 32-bit, linear. Using Metal GPU acceleration.

I thought…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. AE keeps crashing since update

I did the update yesterday, everything worked fine, untill suddenly AE crashed. Since then it keeps crashing the moment I click on anything, no matter which project I open. I then get the following report:

<140735969784704> <BEE_WorkQueue> <5> BEE_Project::TimestampGetNext ZANZIBAR-3: cannot produce timestamp, frozen=0, open=0.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Rendering Glitch

I was putting together a video which had not that many elements which was running smooth throughout the process. Mind you we are running these programs on iMac Pros so it should not be a problem. The video in total was about 2min & 2sec. The problems started to arise when I started to render through Adobe Media Encoder. The render itself took about 35 to 45 mins which is odd. With the number of elements running on the video plus the iMac it’s also running on should not take that long. While rendering I was scrubbing back and forth…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix recurring bug "String memory leak"

"String memory leak" at quit, AGAIN, it went away for a few months and now it's back, after the latest Windows update. :(

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base