After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preview is stuck in a loop and is unresponsive

RAM Preview becomes unresponsive to clicks, spacebar, Num0, ESC, etc. Playback continues on loop and the only way I've found to regain control is to minimize/maximize AE or close the application.

Build 17.0.4 Build 59

92 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

57 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Corner pin handles not showing up on pre-comp

BUG When adding a corner pin effect, or CC power pin, the handles for the corner pin don't show up. Also the null object doesn't show up either. When you toggle the hide mask button a bunch of times and re-add the corner pin it finally shows up.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Motion Graphics Template export fails and destroys current project

Exporting a motion graphics template sometimes fails with a missing files error (this is bug 1). This basically cancels the export, but has an even worse side effect (bug 2):
    As I understand mogrt files are aftereffects projects collected and compressed into a zip file. The zip file only contains the assets that are needed for the composition exported as a mogrt. I'll call this project the "partial project", since it contains only a fraction of the original.
    To achieve this, while exporting, after effects silently closes the current project in the background and opens this small partial project in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop working on features and make it stable becouse its a piece of junk.

Dont just tell people to go do a workaround for issues.
    Fix the issues.

I reguralry spend a third of the time each day on the program's inability to perform.

Granted Our teachers are idiots making us do vfx compositing in a program thats made for

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Preview Playback still is broken

I have the latest version of AE 2020 (17.0.6) and I still have problems with playback which none were present in 2019. I push spacebar (or from the preview menu itself) to preview, it starts but then it wont´t stop, I have to force quit the program, this only happens with the Windows version, in MacOS it works fine, I just had to move my entire project to MacOS because otherwise I could not work. PLEASE fix this, after many updates of 2020 this bug/issue persists!
    That's what happens when it plays the preview, sometimes it just won´t play no…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Current build sometimes has cmd+s just delete your project file save.

AE build 17.1.4, somewhat often pending project, will fail to save and delete the projects saved file. The work around is to save as almost every time. It's happened a few times over the last week, but today I've experienced it 3 times already. I screen recorded everything after I hit cmd-s. I've also attached a screen shot of my computer's specs. Actually, it's not letting me post with the recording attached, so here's a dropbox link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6cw4fqcne2iwjp/2020-10-20%2010-33-38.mkv?dl=0

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After effects out of memory 23 :: 40 has really gotten bad on my system

Only really recently has AE been crashing so bad it ends up being a hard reset on my system.

To preface, there is a good chance that my settings / set up / system could play a big part in what i'm experiencing, However just a few months ago on this same exact system and set up I did not have this issue. (maybe one in a blue moon). And I was working with fairly large 4k footage.

Quick summary of what just happened to me twice today (so far) and once yesterday. I'm doing general tasks in AE, with…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. System wide hang ups

Clicking doesn't work while Adobe AE is not responding click get registered but only take effect after AE starts responding again.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. There is an issue with Key Cleaner.

After Effects crashes unexpectedly after applying key cleaner weather you use Keylight or color range without a message or warning.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Major Bug - Linear Color Key Effect Breaks Adobe Media Encoder

Latest version of AE, Media Encoder, Mac Catalina, on an iMac Pro base model.

If an AE project has a layer with the Linear Color Key effect applied, the project will fail to load in Adobe Media Encoder. If the effect is removed from the layer, then it loads in Media Encoder as expected.

The same issue occurs if a layer has Video Copilot Optical Flares plugin applied.

There may be other effects causing this issue, but these are the only two I have definitively identified.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Roto brush is causing a 33:4 data not found error.

I have discovered that in the latest version of After Effects 2020, I get a "data not found error (33:4)" message when trying to open a file where the roto brush was used. I've tested this extensively, and it's definitely the roto brush that is causing the issue. Any file which uses the roto brush effect will not open after being saved. I suspect AE is having trouble finding the roto brush data, but there is no way to fix the problem as the files won't open at all. This has caused a fair amount of lost work.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. C4D Lite update

After can´t find C4D lite after updating the software.

If I update C4D lite to a new version (as it asks to on the first time it runs) After effects can't find C4D server, and an error message saying "Cineware AliveThread - Execute failed "
    The only way to make it work again is to uninstall Both AE and C4D lite and use an outdated C4D lite version.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Align is very broken still

Please fix the 2D align bug. It's been there too long.

VERY easy to reproduce.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mF_U4a9Rg8&t=9s

This video shows the quickest way to reproduce the bug, (with 2 align clicks). But when you have a complex enough scene, even a single align click is broken too.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. After Effects crashes graphics tablet driver continuously

I am on the current version of After Effects and Mac OS. I use a Wacom graphics tablet instead of a mouse to work as I find it so much quicker and precise.

After Effects now decides to cause the tablet to stop functioning properly, and the only way to solve it is through restarting the machine. Closing AE or restarting my Wacom driver does absolutely nothing.

Please fix this!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After Effects 2020 crashes randomly when scrubbing the timeline.

Once or twice a day After Effects crashes when I scrub in the timeline.
    There is no specific event when this happens. It might be when Autosave tries to save while I'm in the progress of scrubbing.

17.5.1 Build 47

Win 10 64bit
    i7-6900K
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X OC
    32 GB RAM

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Roto brush crashes AE when using 4k footage

There’s a bug in After Effects whilst using the rotoscope brush on 4k footage in full res. It completely crashes AE.
    My footage is in MXF format
    3840x2160
    25fps
    Trillions of colours AVCi Rec 709.
    This has been an issue for multiple versions of AE now. Happens using roto v 1 & 2 in Standard and Best. The only workaround I've found is using it in Half res.

My computer is:
    iMac Pro
    3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W
    32GB memory
    Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB
    mac OS 10.15.7

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug in adobe products

upon startup, all adobe programs display this error attached

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: aerender.exe log file ends abruptly (now and then)

Using aerender.exe to render a bunch of files I find that every randomth seldom time the log file output of aerender.exe (using -l logpath.log) will end abruply, without the last few lines that typically go:

PROGRESS: 18.11.2020 12:21:14: Starting composition “{{RENDER_ME}}”.

PROGRESS: Render Settings: Best Settings
    PROGRESS: Time Span: Work Area
    PROGRESS: Start: 0:00:08:04
    PROGRESS: End: 0:00:11:12
    PROGRESS: Duration: 0:00:03:09
    PROGRESS: 0:00:11:11 (83): 0 Seconds
    PROGRESS: 0:00:11:12 (84): 0 Seconds
    PROGRESS: 18.11.2020 12:21:16: Finished composition “{{RENDER_ME}}”.

PROGRESS: Total Time Elapsed: 2 Seconds

Instead the render job apparently finishes, but the last few lines are not being logged, so…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base