After Effects

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the After Effects team, we are moving this feedback forum to the After Effects page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. All ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reveal Composition in project not working

Using the latest Version of AE 15.11.0 and MacOS 10.13.4. The "Reveal Composition in Project" feature is not working properly. It is should reveal the comp in the project window but no longer does this.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 22.6 render >10 times slower in Mac M1 than 22.5 - PLEASE CHECK!

22.6 render engine is not working properly on M1 Macs. After a couple of seconds rendering times rise by 10x to 100x times. AE sequence in Premiere are causing Premiere to export in hours or "GPU Error" crash. Please check. Just rolled back to 22.5 and that is working properly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Terrible performance

After Effects 2022 is the slowest version launched. Freezes a lot, the preview is unbearable even on light compositions (i7-6800k, Geforce 1070 8g, 64gb RAM, 2 SSDs (one for the software, one entirely for cache).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multi frame rendering having trouble with cached frames

Hi
    this already happened a couple of times.
    I leave the comp for some time - the bg mfr rendering kikcs in - the green cache bar fills up.
    When it's done i go to the beginning of the comp hit Space (or 0 - doesn't seem to matter) and the playback starts properly in the native project framerate.
    Suddenly at some point of the timeline playback stops, and it seems these frames get rendered again - they are still cached - green bar and everything - but the CTI seems to go as if it's rendering one by one.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiframe rendering checkbox in Preview Panel

Multiframe rendering is necessery, ok nice, BUT if this option is turn-on, another app die. Example Blender.
    We don't need (in my case) every time this option ON. I usally use for preview and somethimes for render. Easy way for turn On and Off this functionality is add the same checkbox in Preview panel.
    Another update try to use GPU performance.
    thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. On this current version (17.1.4(build 37)), if you don't clear your cache between renders, it will cook the previous version.

It's left me in an awkward spot with clients a couple time. Fortunately for me, I just talked to them and they're experiencing the same issue

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Autosave will not turn off & triggers a crash each time it initiates

After Effects is crashing each time it autosaves. I've reset my preferences, deleted their old files, and turned off all autosave functions multiple times. It continues to override this and launch an autosave anyway, even when the function appears to be turned off, which then causes AE to crash completely. Happening on all projects.

Here is the message I'm given (minus the first sentence telling me the path to which it has saved my project):

Last log message was: <123145619922944> <BEEp_CheckoutItemFrameRange> <5> BEEp_CheckoutItemFrameRange elapse time = 5.5982 seconds.

Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug: Ram Preview not real time

Here are my computer spces:

MB: Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
    CPU: i7-7820X 3.6GHz
    RAM: 128GB DDR4 (16GB x8)
    GPU: Asus strix 1080ti OC x2
    Harddisk: SSD 960 EVO M.2 1TB

Since the last year version, I've just noticed that the Ram preview is not in realtime, even though the green bar already filled up. Now i am working on version 17.0.4, the problem still here.

No matter how simple of my composition, it just happened when the "Project Window" contain many stuffs. Especially there are many footage imported inside the project, even though I didn't use them all.

By the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Missing fonts not reported in CC2020

The program doesn't alert the user when a font is missing - just replaces the font with Myriad Pro. Then, when one clicks on the font, it doesn't update with the parentheses, so you can't see what font you need to add.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug: After Effects 2020 crashes on zoom

After Effects 2020 keeps crashing when I use my Apple Wireless Magic Mouse 2 to zoom in. As soon as I slide my finger, the application crashes. It seems like it's isolated to one specific pre-comp.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Nvidia Geforce 1050 Ti

Please test the Nvidia Geforce 1050 Ti GPU for Raytrace 3D

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why does point tracking gradually slow down?

If you track a point on a shot which is quite long and not saved in RAM the tracker gradually slows to a crawl. I recently needed to perform a face track on a 15 minute piece of footage. It's near realtime for the first 300 or so frames then it gets slower and slower until it's tracking around one frame a second. This seems completely illogical, why would it matter how long the footage is?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [FX] Remove Grain not using multi-core as promised

In a recent update, AE promised the 'Remove Grain' effect would from now on profit from multi-core PCs (Source https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/whats-new.html under "Perfomance improvements").

But it still doesn't use more than two threads on my machine. See attached images for comparison, or this mirror: https://imgur.com/gallery/Enisx

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. smart cache in background while working simultaneously

smart cache in background while working simultaneously like the one we have in Davinci resolve

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AutoSave Does. Not. AutoSave.

AutoSave DOES NOT ACTUALLY SAVE half the time. This is ridiculous, especially since your software is famous for crashing regularly for approx 100% of users.

Stop with horrible annual upbreaks and just. fix. your. software.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make music play in real time

Please for the love of god improve the audio playback feature in AE. It's near impossible to time anything to music, and so frustrating that something that is SO important isn't better integrated into the program.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Resolve Viewport Screen Tearing on Windows Devices.

Upon testing and asking around forums, seems multiple users have this issue.

After Effects on Windows has screen tearing in the viewport which makes working a headache.

This appears most often with UHD devices with refresh rates of 60hz comprising of an Intel/Nvidia configuration but have heard from some desktop users that they have this issue as well (Intel/Nvidia configuration).

This is not isolated to a single version of After Effects, with Adobe support I have tested 17x-22.3 and the issues still persist.

This issue is more apparent on internal Laptop screens than on external monitors. However, the issue is…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. After Effects error: Keylight out of memory. (4) (25::241)

After Effects error: Keylight out of memory. (4) (25::241)

Keylight (1.2) Playback error, Pops up after every play and pause action

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Saving is slow, but fast when clicking outside After Effects

When you save a bigger project it looks like the saving process takes forever or even very long. We found a simple workarround - clicking outside After Effects - and snap - the file is saved. You can click on the windows Icon or in another programm. Whe you have Autosave every 5 minutes like we have its a time saver. It looks like AE do to many draw calls here or something that is only done when the application is in the foreground. Please check this problem. It exists since 2018!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base