After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Visible Keyframes in Timeline creates MASSIVE memory suck

It seems that the more keyframes that are visible in the timeline has a direct impact on memory usage On Windows 10, up to date CC. For a simple Pos/Rot/Scale track, by seeing 10 seconds worth of keyframes uses 20 gigs of Ram. Scroll just to the right where there's no keyframes. Down to 7 gigs. Is this a known bug or an underlying programming necessity to load keyframe data that's visible into RAM?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. there is abig problem i see in after effect cc2018, sometimes while you scrole fonts appear dangrous message tell us: after effect error ct

there is abig problem i see in after effect cc2018, sometimes while you scrole fonts appear dangrous message tell us: after effect error ct

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Interface Performance Issues Mac OSX 10.11.6

I'm experiencing multiple slow downs in the After Effects interface. Here is a clear example of what I am experiencing with drawing masks in the render view. I'm comparing CC2014 vs CC2018.
    https://app.frame.io/d/e510f299-0387-4841-a19a-494a9d6f37d3

Same machine on both. ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB. Triple monitor setup. I usually have Chrome and PureRef open. I've noticed it get much worse when Illustrator 2018 is also open at the same time. I can't even play a simple two keyframe box animation at full frame rate even when RAM previewed. https://imgur.com/a/YViDTXU

Sometimes the interface gets so slow that I can see the little twirl…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Master comps performance

Nice to finally have something like master properties. However, when you put many of the same "master comps" in a composition, playback performance gets really bad.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug report: Dynamically linked scenes from Character Animator not displaying properly

My scene in AE was working until a few days ago. Now, after replacing some footage with an updated version, it is displaying the wrong information. When I preview in the timeline it slowly reveals the correct scene. However, upon rendering, it produces the wrong result. AE is very slow for me, so this new issue is very frustrating.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stttuer Please

Could you solve this problem please? it's been two years with this annoying bug to write

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2345891

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. FASTER ROTOBRUSH & PENCILS.

You could accelerate by GPU the rotobrush tool. And all the pencils in general.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. better handling of large illustrators files

Large (pixel wise) illustrator files take forever to preview the first time you open it in your comp, I don't recall it being that long I would say prior to CC2015 please take a look at it

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug after updating to 15.1

After updating Ae to the current version the program became buggy.

Pop-up dialogue boxes are just white (no buttons visible), program becomes unresponsive and can't perform tasks like pre-compose.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

Help!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. bring back brainstorm.

the little button that makes things.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug: Crash during save using Master Properties and Joysticks 'n Sliders

CC 15.1 - MacOS 10.13.3 - J 'n S 1.6

See steps below, but boils down to when creating a new pre-comp from a shape layer using J 'n S, any subsequent save will crash AE.

Steps to recreate:

1. create a new comp, add shape layer, add Joysticks 'n Sliders to shape layer

2. add any property from J 'n S controller to Essential Graphics / Master Properties

3. pre-comp shape layer

4. save

5. crash

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. complex compositions significantly slow the comp/timeline panel responsiveness down, especially on Windows

As recorded here:
    https://youtu.be/WH9BVhcAXgo

..when working with even semi-complex compositions with many layers, the composition panel becomes quite sluggish and slow to respond. Curiously, this is especially bad on Windows even if you throw very high end hardware at it. OSX does get slower in the same type of projects, but isn't nearly as bad. Experienced on multiple machines, over multiple versions of Windows, this is something that's been an issue for years, if not has always been there.

No system resources are being maxed out here. It would go a long ways for UX if you could at least…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base