After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Major issue with resizing!

In the latest version I've had an issue where resizing comps, footage or using resize at export results in a video file that is either unplayable or distorted. Only unresized footage seems to export properly, and yes I am using uncompressed AVI and square pixels. I talked to support and they recommended I roll back.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Some fonts still not displaying.

Thanks for fixing some of the postscript font issues, but now I have lost some ttf fonts.
    Weirdly I can get one weight only in a three or four family.
    eg. Berlingske Sans is only showing me demi bold when I also have extrabold activated
    HighSierra

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. After effects reverts monitor display profile

After Effects 2018 is reverting my calibrated monitor's look profile back to the default profile whenever it is loaded

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. After Effects CC scaling glitch in Ae Render & embedded MOGRT

I've found a bug in the current build of After Effects CC2018 (Version 15.1.1, Build 12). There's a scaling glitch that manifests such that Ae Render Queue setup treats the scaled preview resolution as the composition maximum resolution (SD for a UHD comp), and treats a UHD output as an upscale of the SD preview size. It also appears to affect MOGRT files exported to use in Premiere Pro.

I've been troubleshooting this all day today and made little headway, but after finding this thread the proposed solution (to set the "Resolution/Down Sample Factor Popup" to "Full") allows the comp…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Por favor agreguen soporte: Nvidia GeForce 940MX (dispositivo incompatible o controlador de gráficos antiguo)

Por favor agreguen soporte: Nvidia GeForce 940MX (dispositivo incompatible o controlador de gráficos antiguo)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. PLEASE fix this bug ASAP!!!!! (Solution needed)

So I was working as usual, and suddenly AE showed up an error: "Cant ... Audio and Video... different..." so the program told me that 16 Videos aren't available anymore so they were set offline. Heres the thing... After I relinked them (even though they were still saved at the same spot in the same folder and I didn't chance a thing about them...) AE said that all the files changed their size from 1920x1080 to 1x1... 1x1?!?! How/why should I even do that?? Also the text told me that I need to do the motion tracking, camera tracking stabilizer…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [FX] Remove Grain not using multi-core as promised

In a recent update, AE promised the 'Remove Grain' effect would from now on profit from multi-core PCs (Source https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/whats-new.html under "Perfomance improvements").

But it still doesn't use more than two threads on my machine. See attached images for comparison, or this mirror: https://imgur.com/gallery/Enisx

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Random crashes

No matter what project i open, after a while out of nowhere AE will crash. i'm not given an error message and the computer function fine but i have to restart the software every time, sometimes every 5 minutes. Often it'll happen while i am selecting something and am trying to drag it around.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Rotobrush Enhancement

In future releases of After Effects updates, would it be possible to make the Rotobrush behave more like a manual brush to better record our actions as we draw upon the surface that we want to separate from the background? I know the Favor Current Edges feature helps with this but there are still calculations that throw off the contour lines you set. If only there was a way to better track the outlines we set on the base frame, plus have the rotobrush more accurately record our manual strokes set. I believe it will speed up the rotoscoping process.…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. smart cache in background while working simultaneously

smart cache in background while working simultaneously like the one we have in Davinci resolve

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug

Not able to use certain files after upgrading to 15.1.1. h264 quicktimes mostly. I rolled back to 15.0.0 and everything works as it should.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We would like to examine one or more of the files. Would you be willing to share them with us? If you prefer not to post them publicly, you can send a link (no attachments) to aebugs@adobe.com.

Also, please tell us which application or device wrote these files.

The April 2018 release of After Effects CC (version 15.1) no longer supports legacy QuickTime processes:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/quicktime7-support-dropped.html

H.264 is still a supported codec for After Effects 15.1, including inside of a QuickTime container file. However, some applications can write QuickTime files (regardless of codec) using features of the QuickTime format that could only be read by using the now-removed legacy QuickTime processes, and such files can no longer be supported natively in After Effects. We have also encountered QuickTime files where the header data was not written to specification, which After Effects could not…

12. Keying in After Effects is mega slow

How can something like this, using effects running on Ae for many versions work so badly...
    When will adobe get serious and start making their software good again? Its so so annoying...!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have an ASUS Geforce GTX 1070 OC 8Gb GDDR5 256 Bit Video Card - DUAL-GTX1070-O8G When you enable ACUDA from it it displays a message "Unte

I have an ASUS Geforce GTX 1070 OC 8Gb GDDR5 256 Bit Video Card - DUAL-GTX1070-O8G
    When you enable ACUDA from it it displays a message "Untested GPU, no acceleration of the 3D ray traced renderer
    happens only in the after effect, in other adobe editors work perfectly.
    no more thank you
    I would like you to help me solve it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Slow Color Management

After Effects CC 2018 Color Management is still unusable.

On a High-End Machine that is incredibly fast on any other software (Adobe or not) enabling color management can slow ram preview from 25fps to even 5/6fps. On a 1080p comp!
    This is something that should have been fixed a long time ago.
    It forces us to use other softwares to do high-end jobs.
    And we do not want to.

Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Can you please clarify the problem? The short statement you’ve provided does not give us enough information to investigate.

If the problem is that a particular project is taking a long time to save, can you please share the project? If you prefer not to post it publicly, you can send a link to aebugs@adobe.com.

18. CC2018: always crash, freeze, slow

You created a very useless product! Congratulation, good for nothing, it steals only our worktime! And we paid for this, pathetic!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. no black screen

So there's this problem (i don't know if it's occurring to anyone else) where i open after effects, make a new comp or open a project and the viewing box doesn't show anything, no footage or even a black background, it's just grey, playback and caching my videos is fine, i can hear the audio and the time indicator in the timeline is moving but nothing is showing, i've reinstalled, restarted and cleared my caches, any help on this? I use adobe cc18, 16gb of RAM, and have a Radeon(TM) RX 480 graphics card

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base