After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Crashing Report] After Effects crashing after any modifications on project

After doing any modification on any layer, specially on effects (more specifically: stroke effect), after effects crashes then comes back with no modification made.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AE 2019 Crashing entire computer on startup

I don't mean I have to force the software closed. I mean the mouse cursor stops moving and the computer becomes completely unresponsive. This is the only software that manages to crash so hard I have to resort to holding the power button and forcing a shut down. Which could very possibly corrupt anything else that happens to be open at the time.

I'm on Windows 8.1 with a laptop that is running on Intel graphics (no video card). It often alerts me that the graphics display driver crashed on launch, but recovered. Once in a while the entire computer…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate your post, however, User Voice is primarily for feature requests and bug reports. It appears your issue is more of a troubleshooting problem which could be solved more easily by our support team. You can open a case with them via call or chat at this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Please note that Windows 8.1 is not supported for the October 2018 update to After Effects CC (version 16.0). The minimum OS requirement for After Effects 16.0 is Windows 10 version 1703, or macOS 10.12, or later. Full system requirements can be found here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/system-requirements.html

3. AE och Encoder dont synch.

After 2-3 month it still dont work rendering out properly. When does you solve this issue?????????

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make cache playback work with UI scaling in Windows 10

When any scaling other than 100% is set in Windows10, cache playback will never hit realtime, although its reading from a cache SSD, like in my case. This is really annoying.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Altered effects settings appear green

To help quickly see what settings have been changed from the default in an effect (in the effects panel), have the changed setting appear in green or yellow. I know red is for expressions, so to distinguish it from the cyan/blue and to be able to quickly see what's been changed have the revised setting appear in green or some other color.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information to be able to investigate this problem. Can you please provide us with a project file that causes this error, as well as a System Info report? (Apple menu > About This Mac > System Report, then File > Save)

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

7. Too buggy latest update. Workflow become superslow

Too buggy latest update. Workflow become superslow.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. likewise AI, After Effects output using vectors, for example an animated svg???

Dear people,

I would love to see the same output as vectordrawing as svg in after effects output. Hope you make this possible in the future. Still every vector put in in After Effect will become in the end result a pixelised video.

Kind regards,
    Suzanne Cornelis

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unspecified Drawing Error Bug

Unspecified Drawing Error Bug. All of a sudden popping up on 5 different computers and causing many hours of wasted time and lost work.

Please look into this bug / problem.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Puppet pin crashing on CC 2018

I've tried several times to place a pin on a shape layer, but it crashes every time. My shape layer has 2 groups, each group has multiple groups within it. Each time, I select the shape layer, then select the puppet pin tool, then when I click to place the first pin, the error dialog comes up and AE crashes with this message: "After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in "Puppet". I've used the puppet pin tool successfully several times before on this computer, this is the first time it has failed.

Specs:

After Effects CC v15.1.2 (just updated…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cache Work Area in Background

While working, it can really speed up playback and workflow if after effects can cache the work area in the background. This can work very well with the new architecture which it was removed from.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. bring back brainstorm.

the little button that makes things.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why does point tracking gradually slow down?

If you track a point on a shot which is quite long and not saved in RAM the tracker gradually slows to a crawl. I recently needed to perform a face track on a 15 minute piece of footage. It's near realtime for the first 300 or so frames then it gets slower and slower until it's tracking around one frame a second. This seems completely illogical, why would it matter how long the footage is?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Rendering speed improvements

Render speeds in general seem to be going backwards. My computers keep getting faster, your render speeds keep getting slower.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. stop making it slower.

the UI in 2019 has dropped to it's knees. just moving a single layer in a comp with no other layers is pitiful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. audio playback is inconsistent, not reliable and sucks. It used to work and now it doesn't. IT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED IN V2018.

Audio cache is inconsistent, not reliable and generally doesn't work well. it has been damaged since re-writing software. this is a VITAL function for many that do spot work and need reliable audio for timing. How this slips through the cracks I do not know. PLEASE JUST FIX IT. PRONTO. I am a user fro v4. I have slowly watched the train run off the tracks since CC and this is just unacceptable.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reveal Composition in project not working

Using the latest Version of AE 15.11.0 and MacOS 10.13.4. The "Reveal Composition in Project" feature is not working properly. It is should reveal the comp in the project window but no longer does this.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. no black screen

So there's this problem (i don't know if it's occurring to anyone else) where i open after effects, make a new comp or open a project and the viewing box doesn't show anything, no footage or even a black background, it's just grey, playback and caching my videos is fine, i can hear the audio and the time indicator in the timeline is moving but nothing is showing, i've reinstalled, restarted and cleared my caches, any help on this? I use adobe cc18, 16gb of RAM, and have a Radeon(TM) RX 480 graphics card

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base