After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FIXING IT !!!!

And the Mutliprocessing where is it ??!!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. True Metal 2 support

In 2015 Adobe said that metal would have improved amazingly After Effects on Mac with 8x faster renders and previews. Now on the settings you can choose Metal instead of OpenCL, but for my results it is at best 5% faster. With Metal 2 released the performance improvement should have been evident but it isn't. It would be amazing if Adobe created an update with a good part of effects fully optimized for Metal (even if not all of them) like they demonstrated in 2015 and with the support of eGPU acceleration on the internal display. I think AE is…

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [BUG] Unable to execute script line 0 with third party script panels/plug ins

I'm getting a lot of panels randomly getting this error message and it results in me having to close and reopen the panels again. Happens to several different ones

OSX 10.14.5
    AE 16.1.2 (was also occurring in 16.1 and 16.1.1)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. CEPHTMLENGINE

After Effects uses a lot of scriptUI panels and extensions, it might be useful to avoid the CEPHTMLENGINE.EXE to slow down the program.

I have at least 4 extensions open every day as part of my workflow and I just noticed that they slow down after effect's performance.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mocha layer overrides previously tracked layers

For the past few months I haven't been able to track multiple masks in Mocha, a newly added layer destroys the track of a previously tracked shape. Not sure if i'm doing something wrong.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. master properties

I am still on AE15.1.2 so I don't know if this is fixed already, but:

I made use of the Master Properties in my latest Project.
    It was 3 different subcomps where I used each about 10 times with different text and some other properties.
    My 12 sec animation took around 4hrs to render.

Now I switched back, deleted all Essential Graphics stuff aka Master Properties and made 3x10 Subcomps instead.
    The 12 sec animation then took about 3 mins to render.

Something has to be done about the MPs!
    TYVM

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve vector performance.

Why if I use vector elements created in Illustrator, they lost resolution and definition when I enlarge them in scale?

It's absurd!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix Mercury Transmit freezes.

Every so often the mercury transmit output freezes and you have to swtich comps to make it come back to life again. This happens regardless of whether the output is via GPU or third party card, in my case a Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k. I questioned this via online support about 6 months ago and was told that Adobe were having 'some issues' with nVidia drivers. 6 months later and a new version of AE and still no fix. Can you please just get around to fixing the basics of the software before adding new pointless features?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Newest Update Makes AE Unusable!

My RAM preview takes forever to load single frames at quarter resolution. On top of this, any time I try and do something quickly (Open a tab or something) while previewing, the program stops responding briefly. I can't do anything with this version of AE, I downgraded to an older version and everything works fine.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug Report: masks in AE 2019

Whenever I edit a mask, the mode goes from add, subtract et al to none. This happens with every project and is massively frustrating. I'm using the latest version of AE on Windows 10, i9 9900k, 64GB RAM and a 980ti. Here's a link to a screen recording of the glitch https://www.csmotion.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2018-12-06_10-57-18.gif

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report, and for providing a screen recording of the problem in action.

I do not reproduce this problem on my computer, so I suspect this problem is configuration-specific.

Have you tried resetting the preferences for After Effects? To reset the preferences for After Effects, do either of the following:
    - (Preferred) Choose Preferences > General > and click on Reveal Preferences in Finder (macOS) or Explorer (Windows). Then quit After Effects and move the parent folder of these files (the version number, ex. 16.0 or 15.1) to your desktop. If this step helps, you can try moving your individual preference files back one at a time, or if does not resolve the problem, you can move the entire folder back.
    - Hold the Option (macOS) or Alt (Windows) key while launching After Effects.

One thought that occurs to me: when modifying a mask in…

11. Refine edge tool crashes After effects every time, in every version.

Refine edge tool crashes the program right at the next frame after using it. This problem has persisted over all the AE versions since I installed windows 10.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bits per pixel depth appied per comp vs globally

It would be great to have pixel bit depth editable on a per comp basis rather than a global project-wide preference. This would be similar to the preference to appoint different 3D renderers and color spaces to comps.

39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to add markers in the timeline on beat of music

Since the release of cc2015 playing back audio with even just a still image while tapping Asterisk* to create a marker, has not worked properly. It simply slows down and the audio stutters or goes way off timing. I have a top of the line workstation at a leading motion graphics company. We need stable ram preview, this is getting ridiculous. Same problem at home when working on SSDs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. AE Multicores

We need the AE to use all the cores of the processor for a better experience, because using only a nucleus loses a lot in productivity.
    Adobe, look a little more for us please!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Replace Media Bug

The fastest way I can relink media is by clicking the name, copying it, then clicking out of the file name. Double click the file name and then the replace media pops up. Do a search and it will find it again in explorer on PC and if I'm on Mac then I just watch Finder not find anything.

The problem:
    Too many clicks
    Clicking out from the copying of the name makes the file names in the project panel all jump. It is really the annoyance if it that I'm writing here now.
    When opening a PC made AE…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. provide multi-threaded support for tracking

tracking 4k footage using the tracker is very slow regardless of core count. give aftereffects the ability to utilize the rest of the machine's resources.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow plug-ins to output values for expressions to reference

Even though the new Javascript engine will evaluate scripts faster, it would still be great if plug-ins made with the SDK could calculate and output data values that can be reference/pickwhipped by expressions.

For example, take the 2d positions of 2 nulls and output in the plug-in UI :

A slider showing distance between them
    2d Point showing the midpoint between the positions
    Angle showing the angle between the points
    Stretch % based on the distance between the points relative to their original distance.

This is a very simple example, but if you're calculating Inverse Kinematics you end up duplicating…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Optimize Shapes and vector layers

Currently the biggest bottleneck or noticeable speed degredation for me after getting a CPU with more cores and a lower clockspeed has been shape layers and vectors. If I have a comp with lets say 100 small shape circles, the FPS in After Effects drops to such a low level it is hard to even work. Since things are being optimized in After Effects and tasks are being moved to the GPU, this is one area of the program I would really like to be improved. Shapes and vector layers are very commonly used, so it shouldn't be such a…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix "cached preview needs 2 or more frames to playback".

I'm currently in 2018 cc and I just hit space once and it doesn't preview anything. Then I save and when i open the after effects the box is my composition doesn't show anything. This is really annoying because I tried everything, purge the cache and all.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. After Effects brush bug

After Effect's pen pressure for the brush isn't compatible with the latest Wacom tablet drivers. I've seen this topic a lot in the Adobe forums, but it seems that Adobe has not yet addressed this issue.

In the attached picture I've selected Brush 19. When Size is set to Pen Pressure (as in the photo), I can only draw those very thin and almost invisible lines on the left. When the Size is set to Off, I can only draw those two thicker lines in the middle. This seems to be a common issue in AE with no fix yet,…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base