After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GPU most work with GeForce RTX 2080 Ti series too

GPU most work with GeForce RTX 2080 Ti series too.

I have a couple of GeForce 2080 Ti cards in SLI and they are no longer compatible for after GPU, it only recognizes 1 and not at 100% of its capacity, I know about your agreement with Quadro, but it is important that you guys reactivate the compatibility of these cards with the After Effects GPU, because we are many users who have this type of graphics card, Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Roto Brush needs to be optimized, keeps beachballing and making it's own strokes

Roto Brush is so incredibly slow. I am working on 3.2K ProRES HQ Amira footage on an iMac Pro 3GHZ 10 Core with 64 GB of RAM and a VEGA 64x 16GB and I get constant beachballs and freezes, and often when I get a beachball while painting, I get a stroke that I didn't draw. I was drawing the little stroke at the top of this image when it beachballed, and it drew the long long line to the left. And I it processes for at least 10 minutes after a stroke, and then if I undo I have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. GPU Driver Unsupported

Quadro 2000s for both desktop and mobile have gone belly up for Premiere and After Effects in the last couple of weeks. They were working fine and now they are getting error messages for drivers. Drivers are all up to date. So the Adobe system is causing a failure that is not seen in other sofware.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. BATTERIES DRAINING SUPER FAST...

When will Adobe adjust this problem once and for all??? most of its software EAT space and batteries...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add an option in settings to automatically purge Disk Cache when AE is closed and/or opened.

Would be great to constantly have the disk cache cleared when I don't need it. Clear it out every time I open and/or close After Effects and it will keep things running smoothly and not have 300gb of cache sitting on my hard drive. Thank you very much!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lagging and missing keystrokes

For several months now, I frequently have problems where two main issues occur, which feel related:

1) After Effects is still processing a command, usually moving keyframes, where I place the keyframe, release my mouse button, move my mouse, and then the keyframe jumps to the new location of my mouse instead. Like it never registered the original placement of the keyframe and lagged.

2) Often doesn't register keystrokes. This applies to both typing in text layers, and also just general keyboard shortcut commands. It results frequently in text missing letters that just never registered as I was typing, or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG: v.17.1 introduced shape rendering error when editing over 100% zoom

With the 17.1 update, modifying shapes at zoom levels over 100% now causes the rendering technique to change to a softened view which does not represent actual appearance. This makes it impossible to achieve pixel accuracy. Please see the two attached screengrabs. First one shows the shape un-selected, with crisp, accurate pixels. The second on show what the shape looks like when selected. The selected shape is blurry and inaccurate. This behavior is INDEPENDENT of the 'Fast Previews' setting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Optimize UI performance on 4k screens

UI was working fine and smooth using 1920x1080, but since the day I work with a 4k monitor it is terribly slow. I had to tweak some windows settings to get better performance, but this makes the UI look blurry... so either an awfully slow UI or a blurry UI...

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PLEASE USE ALL OF MY 14 CORES!!!!!!!! RIDICULOUSLY SLOW!!!!!!!

I spent $8,000 on an imac with 14 cores to be able to work quickly and efficiently in After Effects... My old quad-core imac works Faster!!! Get with it !!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Choppy playback when viewer window is maximized

Playback is choppy when I maximize the composition viewer's window. But smooth when not maximized. Doesn't make any sense!

Any way to fix this? Purging all the memory caches doesn't help.

I'm on a MacBook Pro 15" mid 2014, macOS 10.15.4
    After Effects 17.0.6

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Apple's Afterburner card support for After Effects to help increase render speed.

Add Apple's Afterburner card support for After Effects to help increase render speed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Disable Effect During Render

So currently in Adobe After Effects 2020 (17.0.0+) there is no disable effect during the rendering. I wanted to add this as an idea to better help a lot of editors who have time pressure, right now I am rendering an edit which has very heavy effects. One effect is called "DEFlicker High" it removes all the lightning flickering in a single video file. But now when I am rendering it I am noticing how it takes about 3x the time it would take without the effect, and I don't see this as an mandatory effect. Now after 6 hours…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Glitch frames in GPU render + Motion Blur

Hi team,

I encountered an issue today where an existing project wouldn't playback nor would it render properly when motion blur + GPU Metal are both turned on. Switching to Use Mercury Software Only fixes the issue but slows down the workflow.

iMac 2019
    8 COre i9
    Vega 48
    128GB RAM
    2TB SSD
    Blackmagic eGPU Pro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. mac os performance

Adobe make AE faster on MAC OS. Stop fighting against Apple and make your products to run faster on Mac OS. I have used DaVince Resolve instead of Premiere Pro to edit and color grading cause they a much more faster on my Mac.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AE v17.0.2: No Metal GPU Acceleration available - MacPro 2013 (Dual AMD500)

Since a few days I simply can't pick Metal GPU acceleration in AE v17.0.2. Also AE is taking AGES to start up.
    Metal support is working fine with v16.1.3 (check the screenshots).

It seems to be related to the issue I've been having with PR not being able to "...find any capable video play modules" (check this thread here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-could-not-find-any-capable-video-play-modules-please-update-your-video-display-drivers/m-p/10862082#M247598 ).

Basically PR and AE versions 2020 are unusable here!
    This needs fixing ASAP. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Preferences modal takes a long time to appear

This problem started with AE2020. When selecting After Effects > Preferences, it takes several seconds, first a few seconds with no visible activity, then a few seconds of beach ball, before the preferences modal opens. Every time it happens I get a twist in my stomach that AE is about to crash. Please fix! (Mac Book Pro 2018 - Mojave 10.14.6 (18G1012))

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BUG: Undo not updating viewer window until move viewer or zoom

When you undo currently then the viewer doesn't update. The bounding box of what has been undone moves into place but the image doesn't update until you move or zoom into the image

Running AE 16.1

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [BUG]Heavy lag after selecting a multi-layered psd layer.

After importing layered psd file into After Effects, once I select one of the psd layer, After Effects would lag for a while. This is really upset to work with, cause I have tons of work of animating layered psd file. I have a screen recording gif in the attachment.

In the gif image, I first select one psd layer, then hit the space bar to move the preview window, then it lags for a while.

After testing this much, this bug is only found on CC2019 and 2020. On cc 2018, we don't have this bug.

BTS, I am…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disk playback instead of RAM,

I get that 20 years ago hard drives weren't the quickest and there was a limited choice in codecs so it made sense to playback from RAM. But now we all have SSDs and DNxHR exists I don't get why AE has not been re-written to playback straight from a hard drive rather than moving it into RAM first. It would be great for AE to playback from disk with a choice of codec and bit depth dependent on a users needs and system capability, much in the way that Resolve does with smart cache (see pic). Uncompressed I gather…

192 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base