After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Apple's Afterburner card support for After Effects to help increase render speed.

Add Apple's Afterburner card support for After Effects to help increase render speed.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Turning on Guides makes After Effects 2020 laggy

Upon upgrading to 2020 I found AE went very very laggy..unusable.
    Turning off guides brought the program back up to normal speed.

Can something please be done so I can use guides again without the program grinding to a halt. Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AI optimized rendering using rough cuts

Would it be possible to have AI scan an already rendered previous version of a video for identical frames to the revised version and steal those already rendered frames from the existing file so they wouldn't have to be rendered again when making revisions? Theoretically, this could speed up render time, and make it easier to render out new versions as needed. Sometimes I have clients and stakeholders that want to be brought along inch by inch, and this might help me better deal with these kinds of clients and stakeholders. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Thank you ae team!

Thank you ae team for improving the ram preview!
    It just works fine now. At least on my pc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. ram playback/preview issue in ae 2020

I have a late 2012 iMac— just updated to AE 2020 and am having playback/preview issues that don't exist in AE 2019.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. bug fix / GPU problems

AE 2020 has playback issues with final quality mode when using GPU acceleration. You have to view in preview mode or turn GPU off for smooth playback. There are several complaints in the forums already. I am on a PC with Nvidia RTX cuadro. Needs fixing....

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Caps Lock" not working when navigating with keyboard

When navigating with the keyboard in the timeline, the viewport updates the current frame! This is not how it should work!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There's a bug - when you add a horizontal guide, performance slows way down. Hiding them improves it. Very weird!

There's a bug - when you add a horizontal guide, performance slows way down. Hiding them improves it. Very weird!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix Space bar delay, doesn't stop immediately (v 17.0.1)

Doesn't stop playback immediately when pressing the Space bar. Instead, there is a several second delay before playback stops. That never used to happen. This started after I updated to the latest version, 17.0.1. Please fix.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: Can't play animation unless I mess with audio hardware

Often when I try to play my animation nothing happens. If I make some random adjustment to my audio hardware it somehow works. I don't have anything special going on. Just a couple of USB speakers plugged in. See video.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Camera Lens Blur Effect : GPU Accelerated Please!

I use the Camera Lens Blur effect often, because it's awesome for creating realistic Depth of Field- when you plug a depth matt into it.
    This can be a Zdepth pass from a 3D renderer, or you can just paint one up in Photoshop to use on motion tracked matt painting work.
    Or mock up a simple instagram 'tilt-shift' treatment with a couple masks in a precomp (attached 4k example AE Project)
    It's the most sophisticated spatial blur in the AE toolbox, and it is super CPU intensive!
    Vote this up to get on the list of GPU accelerated Effects…

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BUG: GPU failure error with MP4 in timeline

After the update to 16.1.2 I get an error when I have an MP4 file into my timeline. It's a simple HD MP4 which gave me no issues prior to the update. There are no effects on the layer. Windows 10, Nividia GTX 1080. Cache clearing does not resolve. Please advise.

Error: "After Efects has encountered a failure related to GPU-enabled effects on this frame. This is likely because your GPU is out of memory."

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can Mocha AE be updated to allow unsupported graphics cards again?

It appears to have a bug where ticking 'allow unsupported graphics cards' (in order to get the Quadro RTX 4000 to perform motion tracking in the tool) in the Mocha AE settings does take - it forgets the setting on restart of AE or re-entering the plugin in the same session (and doesn't immediately affect the performance either).

Mocha Pro has had the fix for a while now - it sounds like it was a driver incompatibility introduced by Nvidia.

It would be good to actually extend support to all the Quadro cards to, rather than just the RTX 5000…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Composition window gets stuck in 2020, it does not refresh

Composition window gets stuck in 2020, it does not refresh and nothing shows in it. not even the safe margins.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Motion Sketch in AE 2020 operates slow and cludgy.

The frame rate and viewport feedback turn to trash when using the motion sketch in AE 2020.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make after effects faster

I have a beefy pc and after effects runs with 10 fps with Cuda

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug: After effects 2019 16.1.2 render engine, Waits for 2 min until closing after a 2 second long render is complete, AE 2018 15.0 does not

We currently use After effects Rendering engine 2018 in a farm environment to support the production. Those installation packages have all included serials so it works without any issues.

2019 packages on the other hand have been created with FRL as that was suggested as a replacement.

But when we try to render using that packages we get the following issue.
    The render starts and render the frames of our test scene in 1-2 seconds.
    But then the process just sits there, doing nothing at all for another 2min. Waiting on something?. Then it closes it self.

Compared to 2018…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. After the update to 16.1.2 Ae is extremely slow to Open, and it hangs saving projects

Ae since updating to 16.1.2 is very slow when saving projects or opening. During opening it always hangs in "Cleaning Up" and on some random bit that it is cleaning up like SnapCut.
    When saving, Ae hangs for 1 to 2 minutes unless there is either nothing in a project. This is on Windows 10 Pro i7, 16GB RAM, PCIe SSD.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. GPU not supported

i am using nvidia GTX Geforce 1070 and 1050 Ti but in after effects/preference/preview/gpu, its showing gpu not tested ,how to resolve this problem

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base