After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Crashing Report] After Effects crashing after any modifications on project

After doing any modification on any layer, specially on effects (more specifically: stroke effect), after effects crashes then comes back with no modification made.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AE 2019 Crashing entire computer on startup

I don't mean I have to force the software closed. I mean the mouse cursor stops moving and the computer becomes completely unresponsive. This is the only software that manages to crash so hard I have to resort to holding the power button and forcing a shut down. Which could very possibly corrupt anything else that happens to be open at the time.

I'm on Windows 8.1 with a laptop that is running on Intel graphics (no video card). It often alerts me that the graphics display driver crashed on launch, but recovered. Once in a while the entire computer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate your post, however, User Voice is primarily for feature requests and bug reports. It appears your issue is more of a troubleshooting problem which could be solved more easily by our support team. You can open a case with them via call or chat at this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Please note that Windows 8.1 is not supported for the October 2018 update to After Effects CC (version 16.0). The minimum OS requirement for After Effects 16.0 is Windows 10 version 1703, or macOS 10.12, or later. Full system requirements can be found here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/system-requirements.html

3. likewise AI, After Effects output using vectors, for example an animated svg???

Dear people,

I would love to see the same output as vectordrawing as svg in after effects output. Hope you make this possible in the future. Still every vector put in in After Effect will become in the end result a pixelised video.

Kind regards,
    Suzanne Cornelis

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AE och Encoder dont synch.

After 2-3 month it still dont work rendering out properly. When does you solve this issue?????????

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Altered effects settings appear green

To help quickly see what settings have been changed from the default in an effect (in the effects panel), have the changed setting appear in green or yellow. I know red is for expressions, so to distinguish it from the cyan/blue and to be able to quickly see what's been changed have the revised setting appear in green or some other color.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unspecified Drawing Error Bug

Unspecified Drawing Error Bug. All of a sudden popping up on 5 different computers and causing many hours of wasted time and lost work.

Please look into this bug / problem.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cache Work Area in Background

While working, it can really speed up playback and workflow if after effects can cache the work area in the background. This can work very well with the new architecture which it was removed from.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. bring back brainstorm.

the little button that makes things.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information to be able to investigate this problem. Can you please provide us with a project file that causes this error, as well as a System Info report? (Apple menu > About This Mac > System Report, then File > Save)

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

10. Too buggy latest update. Workflow become superslow

Too buggy latest update. Workflow become superslow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Puppet pin crashing on CC 2018

I've tried several times to place a pin on a shape layer, but it crashes every time. My shape layer has 2 groups, each group has multiple groups within it. Each time, I select the shape layer, then select the puppet pin tool, then when I click to place the first pin, the error dialog comes up and AE crashes with this message: "After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in "Puppet". I've used the puppet pin tool successfully several times before on this computer, this is the first time it has failed.

Specs:

After Effects CC v15.1.2 (just updated…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [FX] Remove Grain not using multi-core as promised

In a recent update, AE promised the 'Remove Grain' effect would from now on profit from multi-core PCs (Source https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/whats-new.html under "Perfomance improvements").

But it still doesn't use more than two threads on my machine. See attached images for comparison, or this mirror: https://imgur.com/gallery/Enisx

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. High disk usage while cache

I have 32GB Ram, i7-7820HQ CPU, Quadro 1200(M), 1TB SSD (M2). I use windows 10.

My problem is even for simple template based after effects file their HIGH DISK USAGE while cache leading to poor performance. I have separated my HDD into 2 halves each 500 GB and dedicated one half fro the Cache itself. I use Ae 2018.

Please let me know how we can fix this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. audio playback is inconsistent, not reliable and sucks. It used to work and now it doesn't. IT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED IN V2018.

Audio cache is inconsistent, not reliable and generally doesn't work well. it has been damaged since re-writing software. this is a VITAL function for many that do spot work and need reliable audio for timing. How this slips through the cracks I do not know. PLEASE JUST FIX IT. PRONTO. I am a user fro v4. I have slowly watched the train run off the tracks since CC and this is just unacceptable.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. stop making it slower.

the UI in 2019 has dropped to it's knees. just moving a single layer in a comp with no other layers is pitiful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. complex compositions significantly slow the comp/timeline panel responsiveness down, especially on Windows

As recorded here:
    https://youtu.be/WH9BVhcAXgo

..when working with even semi-complex compositions with many layers, the composition panel becomes quite sluggish and slow to respond. Curiously, this is especially bad on Windows even if you throw very high end hardware at it. OSX does get slower in the same type of projects, but isn't nearly as bad. Experienced on multiple machines, over multiple versions of Windows, this is something that's been an issue for years, if not has always been there.

No system resources are being maxed out here. It would go a long ways for UX if you could at least…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Master comps performance

Nice to finally have something like master properties. However, when you put many of the same "master comps" in a composition, playback performance gets really bad.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →