After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GPU should be used more especially when using shape in animations.

GPU should be used more especially when using shape in animations.

GPU utilization too low while working.I want you to use about 80% of the whole.

GPUの使用率が低すぎるので70~80%ぐらいは常に使う様に処理を改善して欲しい。現状ではかなり使用率が低すぎる。

360 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Interface is Slow and Laggy

Dear Adobe,

Me again.

Please stop everything that you're doing with the development of new bells and whistles and doodads and put all your resources and firepower into resolving the years-old issue of the Slow and Laggy Interface in After Effects. Seriously. It's been YEARS. I kept thinking, "ah, they'll fix it soon.." and hope for the best and I end up feeling like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football every time a new update for After Effects comes out. "Maybe they fixed it!" And it's still not fixed.

When I contact Support I'm told, "the issue that you…

50 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Performance performance performance

There is no greater feature you can give us than performance. AE does not take great advantage of multi-core processors. Rendering is quite slow. Playback is slow compared to Fusion and other packages. While there are definitely improvements, it seems the focus at Max is always on new features.

AE has plenty for features through plugins and scripts. What I want from AE is a speed and stability.

A faster, more stable product will improve more workflow better than 1000 new features.

49 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exporting in AE Needs to Have Way Better GPU Acceleration

Exporting in After Effects or In Media Encoder (From AE) Needs to Have Way Better GPU Acceleration like in the Premiere Update (when using H.254, HEVEC H.265 or Mov) that uses up to %100 percent of the GPU

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Playback won't stop playing back

Bug Report:

When doing a RAM preview, After Effects will cache and play like normal, but won't stop. The interface will hang and AE will continue to play back indefinitely. This issue occurs seemingly randomly several times throughout the day.

This is occurring on several computers running Windows 10 and AE 17.0.4.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. On this current version (17.1.4(build 37)), if you don't clear your cache between renders, it will cook the previous version.

It's left me in an awkward spot with clients a couple time. Fortunately for me, I just talked to them and they're experiencing the same issue

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Autosave will not turn off & triggers a crash each time it initiates

After Effects is crashing each time it autosaves. I've reset my preferences, deleted their old files, and turned off all autosave functions multiple times. It continues to override this and launch an autosave anyway, even when the function appears to be turned off, which then causes AE to crash completely. Happening on all projects.

Here is the message I'm given (minus the first sentence telling me the path to which it has saved my project):

Last log message was: <123145619922944> <BEEpCheckoutItemFrameRange> <5> BEEpCheckoutItemFrameRange elapse time = 5.5982 seconds.

Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug Report: Text and fonts still cripple AE performance, even on high end machines.

Simple text animations, or even just simple animations with text layers turned on in the scene. I have seen twice in the last 2 days, on different projects, with different fonts. Some text layers just cripple AE viewport performance. From smooth 60fps playback to .5 fps, and not even able to smoothly drag objects around viewport. I have read many posts like this online, please optimize this dino app. Like Winston Wolf says, "Pretty please... with sugar on top.."

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. error: Cinema 4D render failed 5070

The Cinema 4d renderer is constantly giving me this message and I have no idea how to fix the issue. Recently uninstalled and reinstalled and all the settings look correct to me. Please help if you can.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/4eee89c2-de74-4f4c-782f-ffab11fd6575

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. MULTITHREADING for AFX

MULTITHREADING for AFX ... it´s since ages now and nothing happens... all cores are gathering together 10% of it. In the preferences you even cant now shoose how much cores you like to use... I am opening 3 instances of AE to dispatch more frames thesame time... what a solution in 2020! Adobe ... come on!! thnx!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. REMOVE RAM PREVIEW AND RENDER LIKE NORMAL NLE

RAM PREVIEW IS AWFUL. I have a crazy computer build with AMD 64 core and 256GB ram... And with the footage on a m.2 it still takes forever to play back anything in real time. This is 2020 this will not work. I am thinking of switching programs and I have been using AE since 2003

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. multicore

About multicore utilization ...

• At the present moment, there are thousands of users with new and powerful multi-core CPUs with plenty of power not utilized by Adobe's programs.
      An Adobe response to the demand that Adobe focus on this issue is that "it is difficult" ...

You are a big company, you can solve it - so solve it.

Using the excuse that it is difficult to solve is just silly and provocative - you have to prioritize this issue!

I'm sure you will get incredibly positive reactions from many users if you focus on speed and core utilization in…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. My Adobe After Effects keeps crashing every time I use it. And everytime it crashes, my entire computer does.

My Adobe After Effects keeps crashing every time I use it. And every time it crashes, my entire computer does. Please help me fix this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Upgraded to AE 2020 - Display Acceleration Disabled

Just updated to AE 2020, and I can't Preview video on timeline anymore. When I scrub playhead I can see the animation, but when I hit Play, I'm getting just static frame (timeline even fully cached). There is also "Display Acceleration Disabled" alert in the corner of the Comp. Could you fix this issue asap?

Model Name: Mac mini
    Model Identifier: Macmini6,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2,3 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
    Memory: 16 GB
    Intel HD Graphics 4000…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Audio preview is too slow, please fix it!

Hello,

Everybody know AE can't preview audio without getting slow and losing sync with the image. Please, fix it!

I do short motion and I need to use a audio as guide. Even for a few seconds previewing audio on AE can be a nightmare.

I have a MacBook Pro i9, 32GB, 1T SSD and a EGPU.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rendering slow in background

Sometimes, when AE is in the Background, it is rendering extremely slow. Like, 10 times longer. How can that be? Same Comp, same Duration, same programms open, everythings the same, but AE in background.

How can that be?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disable layers from expressions

When exporting expression-driven mogrts, many times expressions continue to slow down the mogrt, even in precomps, even if their layer.transform.opacity is 0;

I would propose an expression for enabling and disabling a layer entirely. The expression would have to have it's own editor on the layer itself, returning true or false. It would in effect set the 'eye' icon status. This pseudo-property could become visible directly underneath the layer in the timeline by alt-cllcking the eye icon.

This expression would be the first one the expression engine looks at, and only if it is blank or true, will it evaluate…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. CPU under utilised

17.5.1 - rendering a 1080p PRores422 MOV.
    Using HALF my system.
    Can we please utilise CPU better adobe?
    I still feel like cc2014 was faster than cc2020.
    I know there were some upgrades recently for performance, however using this all day everyday I haven't experienced much of an improvement. Rendering feels Slower than cc18, even.
    Please please, support your professional users with some performance, help us be productive and efficient with your software. Make us feel empowered by your software, not anchored down by it.
    We don't need new features every month, we want efficiency with what we have.
    Please.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Font Style is not working properly in Public Beta 17.6.0

When trying to change font style it is acting weird and I cannot change it on Macbook Pro late 2016

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug. I can confirm that in After Effects Beta, version 17.6 build 20 (current on 19 Nov 2020) on macOS 10.15.7, when selecting the font style in the Character panel the first style in the menu is chosen regardless of which style you clicked on.

This problem does not occur in After Effects Beta on Win10.

We will investigate this bug for a future update.

20. 17.1.4.37 Zoom Full Preview >= 50% displays transparency checker only :(

With Full quality preview, when zoomed >= 50%, preview window displays transparency checker only. I have to either zoom out to 50% and above or lower the preview quality to Half or lower.

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950x 16-Cores
    RAM: 48GB DDR4
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base