After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GPU should be used more especially when using shape in animations.

GPU should be used more especially when using shape in animations.

GPU utilization too low while working.I want you to use about 80% of the whole.

GPUの使用率が低すぎるので70~80%ぐらいは常に使う様に処理を改善して欲しい。現状ではかなり使用率が低すぎる。

276 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Playback won't stop playing back

Bug Report:

When doing a RAM preview, After Effects will cache and play like normal, but won't stop. The interface will hang and AE will continue to play back indefinitely. This issue occurs seemingly randomly several times throughout the day.

This is occurring on several computers running Windows 10 and AE 17.0.4.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Upgraded to AE 2020 - Display Acceleration Disabled

Just updated to AE 2020, and I can't Preview video on timeline anymore. When I scrub playhead I can see the animation, but when I hit Play, I'm getting just static frame (timeline even fully cached). There is also "Display Acceleration Disabled" alert in the corner of the Comp. Could you fix this issue asap?

Model Name: Mac mini
    Model Identifier: Macmini6,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2,3 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
    Memory: 16 GB
    Intel HD Graphics 4000…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Performance performance performance

There is no greater feature you can give us than performance. AE does not take great advantage of multi-core processors. Rendering is quite slow. Playback is slow compared to Fusion and other packages. While there are definitely improvements, it seems the focus at Max is always on new features.

AE has plenty for features through plugins and scripts. What I want from AE is a speed and stability.

A faster, more stable product will improve more workflow better than 1000 new features.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG Can't delete items in render queue - I mean come on, test first, release later, please

Can't delete items in render queue.

Can't do anything while rendering previews of linked files in Premiere or AME

After effects crashes if premiere rendering previews.

It is a s*** show isn't it? And you released it on us.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Full program multi-threaded support

After Effects would benefit greatly from being able to actually utilize all cores when rendering, rather than having to rely on a third party solution, like the excellent program Render Garden by Mekajiki.

961 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

411 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everybody!

(This post was co-authored by Tim Kurkoski (After Effects Product Owner), Andrew Cheyne (After Effects Engineering Manager), and Victoria Nece (After Effects Product Manager).)

This thread has been sitting here for quite a while without a response. To start, we want to apologize for that. We haven’t been ignoring you or your feedback – this is just a particularly complex topic. That said, it’s time for us to check in with you, clarify a few things, and give you an idea of what we’re looking at for the future of After Effects, especially when it comes to performance.

To start, we fully understand that you want After Effects to be as fast as it can be – utilizing your computer’s hardware resources to render as fast as possible. Over the last several years, we have been working on the performance of After Effects constantly. Sometimes those performance gains…

7. multicore

About multicore utilization ...

• At the present moment, there are thousands of users with new and powerful multi-core CPUs with plenty of power not utilized by Adobe's programs.
      An Adobe response to the demand that Adobe focus on this issue is that "it is difficult" ...

You are a big company, you can solve it - so solve it.

Using the excuse that it is difficult to solve is just silly and provocative - you have to prioritize this issue!

I'm sure you will get incredibly positive reactions from many users if you focus on speed and core utilization in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. RAM preview wont play, have to change audio devices

Having issues where the RAM preview wont play and have to change audio devices to get it to work.

This even happens when the audio output doesnt change. Will be working fine with speakers as the output...then it will start not playing and have to go the Audio Hardware tab, change the Default Output to something else, then back to what it was originally set at, then it will start playing the RAM preview again.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG REPORT: Exports from Illustrator not importing to AE

BUG REPORT:

All file types exported from Illustrator are not importing into After Effects (files tried: jpg, png, ai).
    When importing AE just keeps importing the same file image over and over again. It's the correct name, but the image is incorrect.

The workaround that I found is to re-save files in Photoshop, which is not a long term solution.

Thanks for looking into this

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. bug report: add to media encoder queue is broken

On After Effects 2020 when I tried to send my compositions to Media Encoder Queue, Media Encoder started and opened but nothing was added to the queue list. I tested this several times with different projects and several compositions.
    I also tested sending Premiere Pro 2020 sequences to Media Encoder Queue and everything worked fine - so my conclusion is that something in Dynamic Link from After Effects is broken.
    I'm working on a MacBook pro 2018 on iOS Catalina.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Collect files for Queued Comps" no longer properly collects all files.

This issue appears to have started up with AE 2020 (17.*), and is still present in AE 17.0.4 as of this posting date.

I work with a lot of large AE projects that I often need to collect from a server to as local file in order to more efficiently render them. Generally, I've done this over the years by setting up a render queue and going to File-->Dependency-->Collect Files... and selecting "Collect Source Files: For Queued Comps."

With the latest versions of AE, using "For Queued Comps" now results in only a small handful of the necessary files being…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. using after effects when Premiere is rendering linked comps!

So if Premiere is rendering linked Comps there is no display in After Effects at all. That is not useful, especially as it takes so long if continuous rasterisation is on. Needs to be using a background process. You remember them, from 2014 when the program worked. Assume it is a dynamic link thing and it has to use that thread but it needs to work so you can still work

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG premiere doesn't release decklink when switching to After effects

BUG
    Can't get video preview in After Effects when switching from Premiere.
    Think when Premiere is rendering it locks the video out

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Timeline sluggish when waveform is visible.

When waveform is visible scrolling the timeline is choppy and sluggish. I would rather Adobe prioritise performance over new features. Far more people use audio waveforms for pacing than content aware fill. Make AE run fast and stable, please.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After Effects doesn't allow me to click on other screens

Often, when I'm working in After Effects, I'll try to click on a different window outside of the program and won't be able to. It won't allow me to click anywhere but in After Effects until I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SWF playback and render speed improvement

Playing and rendering SWF files is super slow and it should match the performance of that of shape, vector and video file footage playback when played as apart of a composition's timeline. Even matching/relative speed as Animate's sluggish timeline playback would be of benefit.

This has been tested with continuous rasterising on and off at resolutions between 1080p and 4k. No effects were applied. Also tried both software and hardware rendering (already known lack of support).

I can check that "optimise for After Effects" button all I want, it doesn't fix the playback speed issue. I just feel that Animate>AE…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After Effects regularly missing keystrokes

After Effects is regularly missing keystrokes. I have tried to type slower, give the system time to catch up, and when I'm typing text in a composition it just randomly does not register keys. Occasionally it happens when I'm typing values into a panel (Setting font size to 150 and it will miss a number so it will be 10 or 15 or 50). This only seems to occur regularly in AE 2020. This is creating huge problems with clients on larger text blocks because AE is introducing typos because of this bug.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. thats insane dude. why i am getting that error in 2020 yet?

thats insane dude. why i am getting that error in 2020 yet?: cached preview needs 2 or more frames to playback? i did all ways and tried everything but didnt worked. i dont know what im gonna do right now

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug: After Effects 2020 crashes on zoom

After Effects 2020 keeps crashing when I use my Apple Wireless Magic Mouse 2 to zoom in. As soon as I slide my finger, the application crashes. It seems like it's isolated to one specific pre-comp.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. GPU most work with GeForce RTX 2080 Ti series too

GPU most work with GeForce RTX 2080 Ti series too.

I have a couple of GeForce 2080 Ti cards in SLI and they are no longer compatible for after GPU, it only recognizes 1 and not at 100% of its capacity, I know about your agreement with Quadro, but it is important that you guys reactivate the compatibility of these cards with the After Effects GPU, because we are many users who have this type of graphics card, Thank you

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base