After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create New Shape Layer Above Existing Selection

Add feature that places new Shape Layers above a selected layer. Nulls and Solids already behave in this manner, so it would just be a matter of applying the same behavior to Shape Layers.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG REPORT: Random Single Black Frame in Video

BUG REPORT: I have noticed this with a number of various videos I've worked on in the past couple months over a variety of Adobe AE versions. (Currently 15.1.0).

I will be playing back a comp I've been working on and notice that a random frame in the middle of the source video is 100% black. This is only viewable in AE. When viewing the original source video in Quicktime or VLC, it does not show the black frame. If I view the composition in AE it will show the black fame and even when I view the source video…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AE render files have wrong timestamp

When I render out of After Effects (.mov file in attached screenshot), it shows a timestamp of one day in the future. When I render out of Media Encoder (the mp4 file in the attached screenshot), it shows the correct timestamp. I can reproduce this error everytime.

My computer's date and time settings are correct, in the right timezone, and synced to update automatically.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mix text styles on text expressions

I'm very fond of the new text expression access but we are limited to 1 style per text layer. We could be able to mix text styles in the same layer.

I attached an example.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove unused footage feature without removing folders

Hi there,

I would like to see the "remove unused footage" feature extended with an option to not delete folders. Since I'm using a certain structure of folders in my projects, I would like an option to clean them of unused footage (for performance / overview reasons) while maintaining my normal folder structure.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Underlined text

We should be able to underline texts. In order to lose less time animating lines & text separately...

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dash alignments like in illustrator

Would be better to have an option to have the alignment of dashes like in illustrator.. Photo attached

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AE 16.1 (CC2019) shows wrong colors on all ProRes Footage

AE 16.1 and 16.1.1 show wrong colors on ProRes footage when the project is set to something else than 8 bit.

Black is becoming grey. After Effects CC2019 v16.0, CC2018 and CS6 are importing and handling the same footage correctly with no color shift.

The problem occurs independent of if Color Management is turned on or off.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix timeline issue in the latest update

On a macbook air 2017 running mojave 10.14.3, left clicking in the timeline DOES NOT work at all, only option is to right click which somehow registers, the recent update broke left clicking on the timeline and no layers can be clicked, this is a major bug and paralyzes my work. Please get it fixed ASAP

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this bug.

We are currently investigating this problem but are having difficulty reproducing the issue. To isolate and fix the problem, if you are experiencing this we would like to know:

- What OS and version are you using? (ex., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14.3)
    - What hardware are you using? (ex., 2018 MacBook Pro or MacBookPro15,2 (A1989)
    - Did the problem always occur since you first installed After Effects 16.1 or did something trigger it?
    - If something triggered it, does restarting After Effects clear the problem? Restarting the computer? Clearing the After Effects preferences?
    - If something triggered it, what is the trigger?

10. Audio and video playback bugs

I'm Japanese. I use Google Translate.

When playing back only the audio on the After Effects timeline, the beginning of the audio is cut off and it can not be played back properly.
    How, if you play video and audio simultaneously, you can play audio normally.

This happens even if the composition has only an audio layer.

You can confirm that After effects are playing in real time from the information panel.

The environment of PC is as follows.

Windows Main PC
    CPU: Core i7-8700K
    Memory: 32GB
    GPU: RTX 2080
    After Effects: CC2019

Windows Sub PC
    CPU: Core i7-7700K
    Memory:…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AE for iPad

Port the core AE engine to an iPad app and take all my money

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change names of master properties via scripting

Using the addToMotionGraphicsTemplate() function we can add properties to the essential graphics panel. But if you add more than one, it is problematic that you can't control the name of the master property. If, for example, I add two sliders, they will both simply be identified as "Slider".

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. aerender network rendering only works with PSD files

When rendering using aerender to a network drive from one or more computers the only format that is supported is a Photoshop Sequence (PSD).
    Other formats (like TIFF or PNG) kind of work for a short while, but the render processes error out one by one (until there is only one lone renderer left) because of file creation conflicts. This doesn't seem to happen with PSD files because the processes seems to create placeholder files in a different way.

Some example error messages I get just before each renderer exits are:
    After Effects warning: Could not create the file 'Z:\3456c6d2-c15c-41d7-9b12-8ae9c9d10a24\1080x1080…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. global text formatting controls

control the styles of text layers globally - select multiple text layers in multiple comps and apply styles including font, size, outline, colour and maybe evengradient overlay and drop shadow and other text effects a bit like in Ai. compatibility with Ai and Ps styles a total bonus too.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MXF

I'm baffled that MXF options have been removed from AE... And I don't want to hear about sending it to AME... That's a lame alternative since it takes significantly longer to render. Please, add these back.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. On screen, granular text formatting tools, accessible to keyframes, expressions, master properties, and mogrts.

There are issues with the current text formatting tools, as we all know. All text properties are buried in a single source text property making it difficult to swap out multi-formatted bits of text in mogrts or with keyframes or expressions, etc.

I think the best way to change this is to add on-screen UI boxes to text. Thin boxes you can use to select different pieces of the text in order to separate characters and/or words, in order to attach properties to them. But the properties would be attached to the boxes, not the words themselves. That way you…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. live collaborative editing

compositions are shareable and can be edited by more than one person at the same time, like a google doc

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Python support - EOL extendscript

It's time to move off that old 1995 extendscript and get with Python! I know this is a big one, but we could REALLY use python support for AE. Commandline rendering is incredibly limited and python would be a total game changer for plenty of studios out there. And if Adobe had the idea that their users are not advanced for something like that just look at all of the new stuff constantly appearing on aescripts.com. You have plenty of nerdy developers!

Nuf said.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. png naming mismatch AE and AME

Hi there, operating on CC2019 and I have no interest in responses that say move to a newer version.

Rendering a PNG sequence out of AE writes PNG files name format differently to Media Encoder, so if I need to replace PNG frames for a revision and use AE to directly render the replacement frames the naming conventions don't match up - this is an incredible oversight - why would you possibly have AE and Media Encoder write PNG names differently?!?!

Similarly I tried to write my replacement frames in with Media Encoder, and it started to number my frames…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: Master Properties won't affect audio time remapping

When time remapping is controlled by a parameter passed with a master propery, video works fine, but audio time remapping is disregarded.
    The demo project is attached. There's generated audio which is passed along with animation into the TEST comp both directly and with intermediate time remapped precomp. You can see that the audios are always identical although changing the "time shift" master property does shift the animation.
    All AE versions, Windows
    I am not able to attach a thing on this forum, thats why the google drive link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mneBCG6XD3SpGM8D8jjRJdiei15I-1uW

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base