After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. high contrast masks as default

High contrast masks.

Time and time again I find myself not seeing my masks as i try to make them on either images or other compositions. The reason in that the default masks in aftereffects always have a desaturated color.

The colors can be changed, yes, but woudnt it make sense to just start off with high contrast colors in the first place?

Thanks!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dark-on-light interface

I would like you to bring back the option to have a dark-on-light interface.

The current interface color makes it hard to read text, and all that dark gray looks depressing and somewhat sinister. I want an interface that looks happy and wholesome, like something professionals use during the daytime - not a dark, creepy "interface of the night". Looking at a dark screen during office hours makes me feel kind of sleepy!

Most of your users are creative professionals with strong ideas about color and design. We would all love to be able to customize the interface colors, but…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pen pressure doesn't work in AE

Paint: Pen pressure doesn't work.
    Please fix.

Specs:
    Wacom Intuos Pro
    AE ver 15.0.1 (Build 73)

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display Acceleration Disabled

Can you fix this issue? I recently updated to the latest CC and now I can no longer see my RAM Previews which is a major issue for my workflow!

I run a MAC that is already fully upgraded so thats not really an option for me.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to have bullet pointed text

Often I’ve needed to create a bullet point list but AE doesn’t support these and it’s a right faff trying to bodge them yourself.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. After Effects 2020 on Mac does not work at all with Arri Alexa Footage

After Effects 2020 on Mac does not work with Arri Alexa footage that when imported into Premiere has the AMIRA LUT automatically added. You can see my first exampled here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27MpmJfKHqg and my second example from Arri's example footage here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9aRnCeu7PE The footage drops out, goes blue, and goes upside down becoming completely useless.

The only way to get the footage to work is to recompress it all and the reconnect, but we are talking a huge amount of ProRES 4444 footage that I really don't want to recompress, especially when it works fine in After Effects 2019.

I had…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Proper colour palettes

Give us proper colour palettes like InDesign. If you've used a colour then it just shows up automatically in your palette window. Re-use it wherever and if you change it in there it updates colours project wide. Or group them and change multiple colours together. Would be so useful for iteration and amendments.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug: After Effects 2020 crashes on preview

After a short work, when I do a preview, the ae2020 stops working and crashes. it happens all the time

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mobile App that notifies you once rendering/export in done on AE/media encoder

I’ve been using Adobe suite for about 10yrs now. One of the major issues has been with scheduling other things to line with an export or a render. Even though the software tries to approximate render time, it’s not always correct. There’s also a thing where creators just want to sit and watch their render/export finish.
    So imagine an app that sends a notification to your phone once your work is finished. Maybe with cloud services you can even watch a quick preview. That way you can leave your rendering and go do something else.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AE always crashes when this process is performed // この工程を行うと必ずAEがクラッシュしてしまう

AE always crashes if you do the following procedure.

1. Launch AE

2. Create New Comp

3. Creat New Solid

4. Duplicate the Comp

5. Open the duplicated composition

6. Lock the cloned composition viewer

7. Open the first composition you created in the timeline tab

8. Center the anchor point with the shortcut

9. crash.....

以下の手順を行うと必ずAEがクラッシュします。
    1. AE を立ち上げる
    2. 新規コンポジションを作成
    3. 新規平面を作成
    4. コンポジションを複製
    5. 複製したコンポジションを開く
    6. 複製したコンポジションのビューアをロックする
    7. 最初に作ったコンポジションをタイムラインのタブで開く
    8. ショートカットでアンカーポイントを中央に持ってくる
    9. クラッシュする

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want the playback method to be compatible with real-time computer graphics

In today's work environment, the results have become visible earlier. It is also true that waiting times, including client previews, are becoming inconsistent with the flow of work. After Effects also seems to be more comfortable if it supports real-time rendering instead of pre-rendering. For example, during draft playback.

昨今の作業環境ではもっと結果が早く見えるようになりました。クライアントプレビューなども含めて待ち時間が仕事の流れに合わないようになってきていることも確かです。After Effectsもプリレンダーではなくリアルタイムレンダリングに対応するとより快適になるのではないかと思います。例えばドラフト再生中など。

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix audio playback using period (.) key

When using the period (.) key on the numpad to play audio only, it doesn't play the audio from the start but cuts off the first second or so. This has been a bug for a while now and I'm surprised it's still in there and noone reported it before.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information in order to investigate this problem.

- What version of After Effects are you using? From the About After Effects screen, ex. After Effects 16.0
    - What OS and version are you using? ex., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14
    - What type of audio files are you using in your composition?

14. Allow default sequence frame rate for imported footage to be set on project basis

I frequently jump back and forth between projects that need sequences to be imported at 30 and 24, it would save alot of time to be able to set a default framerate for imported image sequences on a per project basis. That way when I am switching projects it will default to importing at the correct framerate, rather than either having to change my preferences each time or manually change interpretation on each imported sequence. Frame rates change on a project by project basis, and our default settings for frame rates should do the same.

This could also help prevent…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow us to override embedded color profiles on imported footage

When working in color-managed linear space, when you have an item of footage with an embedded color profile (in the "interpret footage" window), there's no option to override it - the popup of other Profiles is grayed out. This is incredibly annoying when you eg. have supplied footage that is Log, but for some reason has an embedded (or interpreted) profile of REC709. We should always be able to override the default embedded color space in the interpret footage window and assign a new color profile. Applying color profile effects to the layer in a composition is a poor workaround,…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Essential Graphics Gaussian Blur

I think it would be nice to add the 'Gaussian Blur'-effect to the Essential Graphics Panel.

My goal to achieve is: In Premiere Pro I would like to drag my Motion Graphic Template into my timeline. By doing that the layer(s) below my template will be given the Gaussian Blur.

Currently I've tried to add the blur in After Effects in my Essential Graphics panel, but sadly that doesn't work because it doesn't recognize a layer to add the effect on.

I've also tried to add the blur to an Adjustment layer in After Effects, but without any result.

Now…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Relative Paths for All Media

So, we work using source control application Perforce. Everyone has their own workspace area, which is the standard way of working using Source Control.

Relative Paths would save us so many headaches when working in this way. At the moment whenever we work on projects together, especially AE comps, the assets can be loaded from any user into the same comp file. This creates many headaches.

So, imagine I've opened a comp that a few of us have worked on, the media could be dragged in from User1, User2 and User3's workspaces. Yes, I can do a 'collect resources' or…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Ae Comp Size change more flexible, by setting the anchor (like Ps Canvas Size).

Ae assumes that when changing the Comp size, the center should stay in the middle. But there are situations where whe want to extend the comp in one direction. In those cases, selecting an Anchor would be great. Just like in Ps Canvas Size.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I cannot have AE 15.0 installed in parallel with 15.1 (new codec - breaks 200 projects for me) and so I have to leave the platform?!?!

I cannot have AE 15.0 installed in parallel with 15.1 (new codec - breaks 200 projects for me) and so I have to leave the platform?!?! Adobe must at least give us a door to open our old AE projects intact with a possibility to do a parallel install of a dot release! As it is now I cannot update and that SUCKS BIGTIME!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base