After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug Report Selecting Multiple Text Layers Shows Wrong Font

For two versions now, whenever I select multiple text layers with the same or different fonts, the font window in the Character panel shows the wrong font, and if you select a new font it usually changes the text to the wrong font.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: AE cc2020 - Wrong levels with ProRes files if project is set to 32 bits/channel

ProRes and ProRes(HQ) files are too dark in AE if the project Color Depth is set to '32 bits per channel (float)'. ProRes 4444 and h264 files are read fine. All works fine with a color depth of either 8 or 16 bit. All color depths work fine in cc2019.

AE Version: 17.0.2
    OSX Version: 10.14.6

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mix text styles on text expressions

I'm very fond of the new text expression access but we are limited to 1 style per text layer. We could be able to mix text styles in the same layer.

I attached an example.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. high contrast masks as default

High contrast masks.

Time and time again I find myself not seeing my masks as i try to make them on either images or other compositions. The reason in that the default masks in aftereffects always have a desaturated color.

The colors can be changed, yes, but woudnt it make sense to just start off with high contrast colors in the first place?

Thanks!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Audio playback is choppy - Bug

Audio playback is choppy and sometimes slows to a crawl in After effects. This happens even without any video in the comp on my win7 PC.
    My configuration is 2x8 core Xeon E5-2630
    32GB RAM
    SSD cache disc
    Audio works fine in all other applications so I assume this is an AE bug.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this report.

We need more information before we can investigate this problem.

Is the audio choppy only while After Effects is rendering previews, or after the composition is cached in RAM and playing back?

While After Effects is rendering a preview, audio playback may be choppy or slowed down, as playback at this point may not be real-time.

Once the preview is rendered and cached (the rendered frames are represented by green marks in the Timeline panel), playback should be real-time and audio playback should be smooth.

You can determine whether or not playback is real-time in the Info panel.

If the problem is only that audio is not smooth while previews are being rendered, you can disable audio during rendering in a couple of different ways:
    - In the Preview panel, enable the Cache Before Playback option. This causes After Effects to not attempt playback…

7. After Effects need to be able to run without User Login because of DSGVO laws

Hello,
    we using Thinkbox Deadline to render with After Effects in our own Farm. We also use the render_engine mode to render on all computers like workstations. The problem is, that we need a login to all computers. The problem is that it is not possible to run After Effects without log into windows with GUI. So If you run After Effects for example with Deadline or with windows Task Scheduler after the machine starts up, After Effects crashes directly. See the log attached. So it is not possible to use a Service like Deadline with After Effects and a…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display Acceleration Disabled

Can you fix this issue? I recently updated to the latest CC and now I can no longer see my RAM Previews which is a major issue for my workflow!

I run a MAC that is already fully upgraded so thats not really an option for me.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Securing project files

It would be amazing if there was a simple way to "lock" a project file. This could come in very handy at the end of a project when archiving or even to limit certain functions of a file.

For instance, once locked, a file can be opened but it can't be exported/rendered unless unlocked. This could be very helpful in the educational realm and for studios once a project has wrapped.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG: Master Properties won't affect audio time remapping

When time remapping is controlled by a parameter passed with a master propery, video works fine, but audio time remapping is disregarded.
    The demo project is attached. There's generated audio which is passed along with animation into the TEST comp both directly and with intermediate time remapped precomp. You can see that the audios are always identical although changing the "time shift" master property does shift the animation.
    All AE versions, Windows
    I am not able to attach a thing on this forum, thats why the google drive link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mneBCG6XD3SpGM8D8jjRJdiei15I-1uW

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Access Gradient Fill values with expressions and keyframes on shape layers

I would love to be able to access the color control values of Gradient Fill layers with expressions. Right now, you can access the start and end points, but you have to click into "Edit Gradient" which feels very oldschool. And while we're talking gradients, I would love to be able to keyframe the color values of a gradient as well. While I could accomplish this effect with a gradient ramp effect, this means that every shape will need to be on it's own layer, and I'll have to create a bunch of custom expressions to connect the control points…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug? Wrong audio settings after importing Premiere project in 2020

Since Adobe 2020 there is a strange behaviour when importing a Premiere project in After Effects.

CC2019: I create a new project in PP, insert some video files into the timeline, and import it in After Effects. The single sequences in AE automatically get the effect "stereo mixer" with settings 100%/100%/-100%/100%. (1x for mono, 2x for stereo video)

CC2020: The same, but the Stereo Mixer has the settings 35,57%/35,57%/-100%/100% (even when importing PP2019 files), so the audio is way quieter than it should be.

Is this a bug? Or a feature? ;) Tested on 3 systems, Mac/Win.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix audio playback using period (.) key

When using the period (.) key on the numpad to play audio only, it doesn't play the audio from the start but cuts off the first second or so. This has been a bug for a while now and I'm surprised it's still in there and noone reported it before.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information in order to investigate this problem.

- What version of After Effects are you using? From the About After Effects screen, ex. After Effects 16.0
    - What OS and version are you using? ex., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14
    - What type of audio files are you using in your composition?

14. Allow default sequence frame rate for imported footage to be set on project basis

I frequently jump back and forth between projects that need sequences to be imported at 30 and 24, it would save alot of time to be able to set a default framerate for imported image sequences on a per project basis. That way when I am switching projects it will default to importing at the correct framerate, rather than either having to change my preferences each time or manually change interpretation on each imported sequence. Frame rates change on a project by project basis, and our default settings for frame rates should do the same.

This could also help prevent…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Essential Graphics Gaussian Blur

I think it would be nice to add the 'Gaussian Blur'-effect to the Essential Graphics Panel.

My goal to achieve is: In Premiere Pro I would like to drag my Motion Graphic Template into my timeline. By doing that the layer(s) below my template will be given the Gaussian Blur.

Currently I've tried to add the blur in After Effects in my Essential Graphics panel, but sadly that doesn't work because it doesn't recognize a layer to add the effect on.

I've also tried to add the blur to an Adjustment layer in After Effects, but without any result.

Now…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Pen pressure doesn't work in AE

Paint: Pen pressure doesn't work.
    Please fix.

Specs:
    Wacom Intuos Pro
    AE ver 15.0.1 (Build 73)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Relative Paths for All Media

So, we work using source control application Perforce. Everyone has their own workspace area, which is the standard way of working using Source Control.

Relative Paths would save us so many headaches when working in this way. At the moment whenever we work on projects together, especially AE comps, the assets can be loaded from any user into the same comp file. This creates many headaches.

So, imagine I've opened a comp that a few of us have worked on, the media could be dragged in from User1, User2 and User3's workspaces. Yes, I can do a 'collect resources' or…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to have bullet pointed text

Often I’ve needed to create a bullet point list but AE doesn’t support these and it’s a right faff trying to bodge them yourself.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. After Effects 2020 on Mac does not work at all with Arri Alexa Footage

After Effects 2020 on Mac does not work with Arri Alexa footage that when imported into Premiere has the AMIRA LUT automatically added. You can see my first exampled here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27MpmJfKHqg and my second example from Arri's example footage here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9aRnCeu7PE The footage drops out, goes blue, and goes upside down becoming completely useless.

The only way to get the footage to work is to recompress it all and the reconnect, but we are talking a huge amount of ProRES 4444 footage that I really don't want to recompress, especially when it works fine in After Effects 2019.

I had…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Proper colour palettes

Give us proper colour palettes like InDesign. If you've used a colour then it just shows up automatically in your palette window. Re-use it wherever and if you change it in there it updates colours project wide. Or group them and change multiple colours together. Would be so useful for iteration and amendments.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base