After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can we have Text Underline option in after effects.

Can we have Text Underline option in after effects. As we have to add line manually to underline particular text and it's time consuming. All the other Adobe software have that feature except AE.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Actually address and fix user issues instead of ignoring them and adding new features...

Users are constantly bringing up the problems they experience with After Effects, yet instead of focusing on fixing the problems with the software, you go and add new features that a small subset of the user base actually uses...Then you build forums like this where we can post our issues only to have them continue to be ignored.

There are a ton of problems with after effects, and we (the user community) were told that the "cloud subscription" model would allow you to focus on fixing things instead of new features of a yearly release. Well, here we are 7…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open Type

I'm sure this has been proposed many times before- but I'd really appreciate having glyphs and character alternatives like in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mask path free transform in perspective & skew

When selecting mask shape or points, please allow distorting the selection in skew and perspective - like in Photoshop. Would help a lot when rotoscoping masks.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support Blender

As the world of VFX progresses many of us freelancers end up relying on software like Blender for our animation. Blender is a very commonly used one for both professionals and hobbyists alike. I would like to see Blender be compatible within Adobe software much like C4D is. Maybe make Adobe software able to read blend or obj files directly?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Replace shape layers

It would be great if shape layers could be replaced using the option+drag (alt+drag on Windows) feature like other types of layers.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Extend marker duration backwards

Currently, you can extend a marker's duration forward in time by holding Alt/Option and dragging. I would like to add the ability to extend marker duration backwards so the in point would automatically become the end point, thus allowing you to extend the in point toward the beginning of the timeline.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please support this formats in after effects

please after effects native support for the follow file formaty

OGG, FLAC,MVK, MKA, ACC. HE-ACC, OPUS, VORBIS, mp3HD, theora, ape, apl, HAP, aPNG, HEVC, H264

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Import Illustrator Brushes

Since the brush/paint tool uses vector brush shapes, we should be able to import illustrator brushes and use them within After Effects.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug: Audio Levels are not affected by master properties

I built a video switcher comp with expressions on each layer's opacity and audio levels turning them up or down if a slider control is set to that layer's index.
    The switcher switches audio and video fine in its own comp.
    When I make the slider a master property and switch it from a parent comp, the video works fine, but the audio is stuck on whatever the switch's default setting was.

You can work around this bug by linking your switcher slider to a slider in the parent comp, but this defeats the purpose of master properties as it…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dark-on-light interface

I would like you to bring back the option to have a dark-on-light interface.

The current interface color makes it hard to read text, and all that dark gray looks depressing and somewhat sinister. I want an interface that looks happy and wholesome, like something professionals use during the daytime - not a dark, creepy "interface of the night". Looking at a dark screen during office hours makes me feel kind of sleepy!

Most of your users are creative professionals with strong ideas about color and design. We would all love to be able to customize the interface colors, but…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bring back 1, 2, 4-View Interface!

For some stupid reason... we can no longer see the 1, 2, 4-View option in the Composition Window. This feature has been changed where you MUST have 3D Track enabled in order to view this option. Whomever made that decision to update the interface with this newer work flow is an Idiot! CHANGE IT BACK! There was NO reason for this!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of today, in After Effects Beta v18.2 build 9, the view layout can now be switched by going to the View menu > Switch View Layout. You no longer need to have a 3D layer in the comp to switch the view layout.

We’re looking at other changes in this area. Please try the Beta build and let us know how these changes work for you.

14. Underlined text

We should be able to underline texts. In order to lose less time animating lines & text separately...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lock layers together in the timeline.

It'd be great if there was a way to lock layers together in the timeline. There is often, if one layer needs to be moved in time a bunch of others need to be moved. Being able to just click on one of the grouped layers in the time to move would be way faster.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Preview with alpha background

Hello,

In the After Effects composition settings, it is not possible to have an alpha background. Example in attachment.
    I would like to have this feature to launch a preview with alpha.
    An alpha preview, would play the alpha on a video device that works in compositing. Example in attachment.

thanks you for attention.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keyframe-able Layer Controls

I know it probably presents a whole host of problems, but it'd be nice if we could keyframe layer controls. It would also be nice if effects that reference layers could be keyframed so that you can link them to a layer control.

If you're using multiple layers with the same Set Matte setup, for example, it'd be great if we could change them all with one layer expression control. But since they can't be keyframed they can't have expressions either. This makes the Layer Control much less useful than it could otherwise be.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. separate X and Y scale dimensions option

I separate the X and Y position on layers A LOT, and I often need to do it for the scale of a layer and it's a huge PITA that I can't just right click and separate the dimensions for scale like I can for position

please add this--thanks

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. OpenColor IO color management

Switch the internal color management for OCIO.
    At the very least let us choose the CM engine.
    The old one is fine, not sure why people ***** about it so much, they should learn to use it first I guess.
    I find it more powerful than the one in Nuke. It worked for me just fine all these years, apart from the instances when all color profiles disappeared after an update ;)
    That said, currently ACES workflow is impossible to achieve.
    The ACES icc profiles provided are wrong, you can't get proper colors from ACES clips.
    Maybe it's a limitation…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)