After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Algumas fontes ativadas no Adobe Fonts não aparecem no After Effects e no Premiere

Algumas tipografias que estão ativadas no Adobe Fonts não estão aparecendo no Premiere e no After Effects.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug report: Lumetri effect (CPU rendering only) applies unexpected scale shift when the layer is masked or matted

Setup: One footage layer either with a matte above or a mask applied), with a lumetri effect applied to the footage.

If the matte layer is set to something other than 100% scale the footage with the Lumetri effect applied will scale unexpectedly, even if the layer scale is set to 100%. Toggling the Lumetri effect off returns the layer to its intended appearance.

Note: This bug only appears to happen when the project is set to CPU rendering, and in the tests I've done it seems to render as expected once changes have been made to the Lumetri effect…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Math in "Composition Settings > Duration"

for example: 25*15 to get a my lengh of the Comp

25 fps * 15 sec lengh of my final Clip

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Why Doesn't Team Projects Colorspace Carry Over Between Users

Apparently a project's color space does not carry over between users in team projects. I can't tell you how many times this has created a mess as I share projects back and forth.

Let's say I have a file I've composited from 3D and so I've linearized the workspace so things composite appropriately. Later my employee opens the project on his machine. He doesn't know I've changed things to linear on my end and so his file is default set to none. He notices some colors look weird and changes them on his end. I open the project on my…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Illustrator's monospaced half-width characters are not reproduced in Ae

Equal-width quadrants used when creating text with an illustrator etc. can not be reproduced with Ae.

It will be applied if you copy and paste. It may be because only optical and metrics are in Ae.

We want to be in the same situation as we often bring in from other Adobe software.

イラストレーターなどでテキストを作成した場合に使用する等幅四分字形などがAeでは再現できない。

コピー&ペーストをした場合は適用されます。オプティカルやメトリクスしかAeにないのが原因かもしれません。
    他のアドビソフトから持ち込むことも多いので同じ状況になるようにして欲しい。

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Importing jpg tints picture green

When I import JPG pictures from my client to after effects, the grading turns a slight green. (very noticable). If i export the pictures as PNG before importing the picture is fine.

masOS Mojave 10.14.5
    AE 16.1.1 build 4

I can't show you the full picture due to NDA but this is the skin tone difference from JPG to PNG screencaptured from AE

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. BUG - footage from Premiere CC2018 with Lumetri applied in PP results in AE scaling the footage wrongly

CC2018 - Working with 1080 footage, in a 720 timeline, if Lumetri is applied in PP, when the timeline is copied into AE as a composition, all clips with Lumetri are incorrectly scaled. Sliding the scale setting temporarily kicks the scale back into place, but any other action reverts the scale back to the incorrect version. It says '100%', when it may be at 67%. Removing Lumetri from the clip resolves the problem. My machine can not use PP CC2019, due to an older CPU, so updating to the latest version is not an option. Can this be fixed, as…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Batch resave

With the recent news that we can't download any old CC apps, there should be a batch resave tool that can save your old project files to the new ones.

It will be a pain ********** to open up all your old project files one by one.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. não é possivel continuar o after effects : o módulo 3d padrão está ausente? alguém sabe alguma coisa sobre esse erro?

O programa está instalado, mas antes de abrir surge esta mensagem e então ele não abre!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Masking 3D text doesn't work in AE 2019

Masking 3D text doesn't work in AE 2019

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cache doesn't refresh when changes occur

I'm having to Purge Cache constantly because the viewport will not update after a property change. the viewport will just display the cached version of the frame.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AfterEffects says my system disk doesn't have enough available space for disk cache even though it does.

System: AfterEffects CC 2019 / macOS Mojave 10.14.3 / MBP 2018

TL;DR: AE apparently warns on the available disk space for disk cache based on df. But "Avail" value from df apparently dramatically different from Finder on Mojave when you have local snapshots of TimeMachine.

My disk cache folder was "/Macintosh HD/yasuharu/Library/Cache" and Maximum disk cache size was 30GB.
    After launching AE, I got a warning "Your disk cache folder is on a drive that does not have enough available space to safely store the full amount specified in your preference. Please make more space or go to Media &…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug in April 2019 version : stabilisation

stabilisation freezes when applied to the same comp in different generations one after another with different "lissage" % (in French) -> obliged to use 2018 version.
    This never occurred in all former versions I was using (since CS5.5)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a list of supported graphic cards for Adobe After Effects CC 2019

HOW CAN THE REQUIREMENTS PAGE FOR ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS NOT HAVE A LIST OF SUPPORTED GRAPHIC CARDS??????

THE ANSWER THAT SUPPORT ONLINE GAVE ME WAS USE THE LIST OF SUPPORTED GPUs FOR PREMIER PRO!!!!! THIS ANSWER IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

PLEASE ADD THIS ASAP!!!!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Possible concatenation bug?

In After Effects, effect("Slider Control")(1).value + "string" can be used to join the number of a slider with a string.

Another way to do this is effect("Slider Control")(1).toString() + "string". Here, effect("Slider Control")(1).toString() returns the slider's value as a string.

However, effect("Slider Control")(1) + "string" always outputs an error.

How is this possible?

effect("Slider Control")(1).toString() clearly returns the slider's value as a string.

How come toString() is not run automatically when effect("Slider Control")(1) is concatenated with "string"?

According to the JavaScript Definitive Guide (https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/javascript-the-definitive/0596101996/re146.html):

"The JavaScript system invokes the toString( ) method to convert an object to a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dear team pls develop Android app for after effects

Dear team
    pls develop Android app for after effects
    Best response your application
    Kindly do the needful
    Awaiting your reply
    From
    India Tushar Adsule

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUY Boris FX

You could buy this company, such as you have done with Allegorithmic. ;)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Vague Alerts & Requests from CC

This is not normal. After Effects CC is requesting access to my contacts. Earlier it wanted write privileges.

Has anyone else seen this?

My CC account is a valid, paid subscription through work. I have the latest version. Nothing is pirated. I am using two plugins, Ouroboros and Animation Composer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Videos export darker than project

Every time I export from AE, the videos come out about 10-15% darker than the original. I've tried many different export settings with the same results. If one were to take a video, put it in AE, export it with a rewrap, take the exported video, put it in a new comp, and repeat this several times, the results become very obvious. It's exporting darker every time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix strange sub-frame problems when work

Fix weird sub-frame error when working with footage. Clips and other objects not falling on frame boundaries.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your post.

I’m not clear on what you’re describing. It would help if you could provide us screenshots or a project file that demonstrate the issue.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base