After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hello Adobe - i'm coming with the issue

so i'm having this issue with missing frames when the comp set is 27.97fps, 30 fps . it's skipping the frames - i have 29fps and then suddenly it's 1min. no one is able to help me - no one from the adobe community, no one from adobe professionals .. one lady was even checking my program ,all settings. nothing. she didn't really know what she was doing to be honest - try to tell me that everything is ok with my frames .. i don't really know who can help me with this? as i do pay for the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change of "Default-Opacity" of Shape Layers

I would much appreciate the possibility to change the default opacity of shape layers. I most of the time use shape layers with a 100% opacity and now i have to go deep in the settings to adjust it … it's much more work. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. shortcut to temporarily move layer parent independently of children

This would work the same as holding "7" in Cinema4D. Would be a nice and quick way to reposition elements in a rig, without having to scroll through the timeline selecting and deselecting elements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. TEXT cursor BUG / ERROR

When using the "all caps" feature in the character panel, the cursor in the composition window inserts a double space after the last character.

The other very annoying bug is when I have the text cursor selector hovering over 3 text layers in a composition (two or more text layers are HIDDEN, only the TOP one remains visible) the text selector ALWAYS selects the HIDDEN text layer, even though a) they are BEHIND, AND b) HIDDEN.

I'm so done with Adobe's monoply honestly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. (scripting) Property values for built-in plugins use inconsistent formats

When scripting, property values of built-in plugins, such as Polar Coordinates, Transform, and Glow, use inconsistent formats for percentage values. The attached image shows 3 properties all set to their equivalent of 50%, but using 0-1, 0-100, and 0-255, formats.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG: Changing the name of a CSV-file or replacing it won´t change the name in "try{} catch(err){} functions, causes problems with MOGRT

Bug: when i use a CSV-file for expressions and than i change the name or replace it, it changes the name in the most expressions in AE, BUT if the name of the CSV is used in a expressions with "try{}" and catch{} it doesn´t change it... Or is this a feature? Maybe you want this to happen, but this will cause a lot of ERRORs for MOGRTS, when you exchange a CSV

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Writing in RTL and LTR in the same sentence with it messing up

when writing rtl text and ltr(for example hebrew and english) the text messes up, instead of keeping the writing flow.
    in the example I wrote first 'משהו ב-' then 'English' and the 'מתבלגן'.
    The first thing should be in the most right, then 'English' to the left, then 'מתבלגן' to the most left.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add the ability to change fonts globally.

When dealing with clients who want to change the font of an entire project, that could mean hundreds of font changes in many comps. Please add the ability to globally change the font as well as the font size.

It would be amazing if this could be added as a expression control. That way i could have a font controller and say, all Title fonts should be this and this size. All subtitle fonts should be this font and this size, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improved Pen Tool

The Pen tool is an essential part of my workflow and workflow of other motion designers, the current pen tool is chaotic and hard to use compared to the pen tool on illustrator and photoshop. the pen tool and other shape tools don't even come close.

to better improve a lot of our workflow.
    please work on improving the pen tool

thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug report - AE 2020 saving render location

OS-X - In the render queue, if you select "output to", you get the usual file-saving window. However, shift-command-N doesn't make a new folder, just gives an error beep. You have to click the "new folder" button. Done this like ten times today. Please return the new-folder shortcut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. CTRL+ALT+A no longer selects all visible properties

Pressing this combination used to select all visible properties. now it just causes random windows to open and close. Appears to be a bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. i would love to have the master window in effect controls in after effects

i would love to have the master window in effect controls in after effects so i can select the color space for prores clips

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fonts disappearing when used

When I use a font in my composition, save the file and close it, when I reopen it the font has reverted back to standard and the font I chose is missing from the character menu, even though it's still listed as active in TypeKit. I can't get them back even if I deactivate and reactivate in TypeKit, and I have to update all the fonts manually every time. Please patch this, it's really poor performance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make older version available to download

Please make older versions available to download that will work with dynamic link. I'm using premiere pro 2018 because it's much more stable than 2019 or 2020. Can't find AE 2018. Was told it's "end of life" and not available anymore. Surely you can make it available somewhere for users who may still need to use that version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Individual layer (not source) batch proxy rendering

This is a kind of combination of background rendering and auto proxy linking.

Imagine being able to batch render full quality proxies with alpha channels for every single layer in the comp. Not for sources like the current proxy setup - specifically for layers in comps including all effects, masks etc. I foresee using TIFF or PSD sequences. This process could be done automatically in the background when ever AE is running but not active, or when AE is running but the mouse and keyboard aren't active. Or on a schedule (overnight daily for example) or triggered manually.

Doing it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to see the sky replacement that is in Photoshop implemented into after effects.

I would like to see the sky replacement feature that is in Photoshop implemented into after affects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Balance Ragged Lines paragraph composition algorithm from InDesign

When creating paragraph text that wraps, the Every-line text composition engine will still allow orphans. InDesign has a "Balance Ragged Lines" checkbox that allows for much better blocks of text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Collapse transformations 3D is imprecise and unreliable.

I frequently work with projects that have 3d comps within 3d comps where I use Collapse Transformations to have everything within one 3D space, and at a certain point (not a ridiculous amount of layers in my opinion, current project is maybe 9 comps with 40 layers each, a couple of which are further 3d comps), the draw order and visibility of layers will be totally off and pop in and out from frame to frame. I don't have any 2D or adjustment layers in the stack that can cause this, and also no effects. It feels very buggy, imprecise…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disabling Time Remapping should remove expressions applied to the property

If you have an expression applied to Time Remapping (eg. loopOut), and you disable Time Remapping, you can get an expression error which is unresolvable since the property no longer exists. If we're removing the property itself, it makes more sense to a user to also remove any expressions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base