After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow manual substitution of missing fonts at startup

A common problem I have is when a font is missing, and currently, on startup there is only the option to find it on Adobe or accept the default font. It would be so helpful if you could select a font in the list and manually choose one from your system fonts to use instead. Otherwise you are stuck with the default font through a potentially large project.

Another common example which happened this morning is that I have Futura Bold installed, but the project I've been sent says Futura Bold is missing (as the spelling is different) - if…

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bug: in Windows, clicking the AE title bar often initiates an unwanted drag of the app window

In Windows 10, if I've got another app open in front of AE, and I want to switch back to AE, I'll usually click on AE's top title bar / header bar. Oftentimes, however, that single click will be interpreted by AE as a click and drag operation, meaning even though I'm not holding down the left mouse button, AE thinks it's being held down, and so moving the mouse means the entire app window moves with it, which I don't want.

I've never seen this happen with any other app aside from AE, so I'm assuming it's an AE…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. [BUG REPORT] Color correction curves stuck on pencil tool forever.

(Mac OS) When applying Color Correction > Curves, I've found that I can't select the pencil tool and expect to go back to the normal curve tool... it is stuck on the pencil tool forever and I have to delete the effect and start over.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. RTL

After Effects The problem with RTL scripts is the difficulty of color change.
    The way that when you are trying to change a word, a word will be replaced by a color opposite to it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Expose all internal After Effects commands to scripting

It's possible to find many of AE's command IDs by running the following ES function and filling in whatever menu command you're after:

app.findMenuCommandId("Go To Keyframe Time");

But many other commands that aren't strictly "menu" commands seem inaccessible / hidden. For example, it seems impossible to find the commands for shifting keyframes left or right (represented in the hotkey editor by entries like "NudgeKeyframesEarlier" or "Shift Selected Keyframes 1 Frame Earlier").

It'd be great if you could expose these secret commands to scripting, by giving them entries in the function above, giving them command IDs, and/or by building an event…

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: if one scale dimension is negative, scaling that layer proportionally breaks your custom scale

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a layer, of any kind (shape, solid, etc).
    2. Twirl down to the layer's main Scale property, and toggle off Constrain Proportions (the chain-link icon).
    3. Using the blue property text fields, type in a negative value for one of the scale dimensions (e.g., set X to -100%).
    4. In the Composition panel / viewport, using the selection tool, hold Shift and drag the scale corners of your layer. Depending on the layer type, this will either make both scale dimensions negative, or make them both positive. This shouldn't happen. One scale dimension should stay…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bulk rename layers

Example: You select 5 layers and hit "enter." One of the names highlights and you rename to "NewName" and hit enter again. All five layers get the new name and are already iterated.

NewName1, NewName2, etc.,

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After Effects can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup MOJAVE

After Effects can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup MOJAVE

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. CUDA

I have a GTX 1660 Ti and when i use the GPU acceleration i notice the rendering being slow and when i check the GPU usage it only peaks to 10% and stays on 5% on average.
    And also when i render it fails giving me this (error code -1609760768)
    plz help

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Lock layers together in the timeline.

It'd be great if there was a way to lock layers together in the timeline. There is often, if one layer needs to be moved in time a bunch of others need to be moved. Being able to just click on one of the grouped layers in the time to move would be way faster.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Error in modifying vertex of shape layer sub-layer

Although all other shape layer paths can have individual vertices selected and modified, there is one shape layer path that cannot have individual vertices selected and modified. Is this a bug or is there a problem setting somewhere in this project? Customer has been unable to help, and there are no useful suggestions from the forums. Is there a method to provide .aep files for review?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Error in modifying vertex of shape layer sub-layer

Although all other shape layer paths can have individual vertices selected and modified, there is one shape layer path that cannot have individual vertices selected and modified. Is this a bug or is there a problem setting somewhere in this project? Customer has been unable to help, and there are no useful suggestions from the forums. Project file attached.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Output Module Settings Bug

Edit / Templates / Output Module Templates / Output Module Settings

Format: DPX/Cineon Sequence

“DPX/Cineon Sequence“ format does not activate “Use Comp Frame Number“ feature. It works after activating this feature, but after you close and reopen the After Effects, it returns to its original state.

This error exists in all versions.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Flowchart text filter

I have a big after effects file with lots of text layers in lots of comps and I would like convert all texts to curve and use a render farm to render this file.
    If we have this option this problems are solved, We access Flowchart > select Text filter like photoshop > right click create texto to curves for all project
    I lost 7 hours, because render farm can't render projects with our fonts easily > after effecs can't embed this fonts.

PLUS: Fold and Unfold all boxes on flowchart + Organize selected + view all + view selected…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make AE compatible with Radeon Pro 580

Radeon pro 580 was supposed to be the best alternative for video editing in the imac -line. As it is not supported by AE, many plug ins have not included it in the compatible gpu:s
    Please update AE and make it compatible with Radeon Pro 580!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. a possibility to publicly display the actual possession of the license (similar to stock licenses) - for all cloud products.

a possibility to publicly display the actual possession of the license (similar to stock licenses) - for all cloud products.
    Exaggerated many people use the products without buying them. that should be verifiable.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: Audio Issue in AE Version 16.1.2

When I updated from 16.1.0 to 16.1.2, all of my MP3 audio started playing as scratchy feedback. It wasn't an issue with playback speed or the usual slowed-down demon sounds, all of the audio tracks were corrupted to sound like crackling, fuzzy static, I couldn't make out any words at all.

I tested MP3 and WAV and had the same issue both times.

When I downgraded back to 16.1.0 it played the audio files with no problem.

This is possibly because I'm running an older version of MacOS (Sierra 10.12.6), but still seems like a significant issue.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Project panel, Colour coded

When working on a large project, I find it's important to keep all your folders organised for easy access.
    It would be nice if I could colour code the folders in the project panel, so I could tell them apart at a glance.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Library Color Themes are not accurate using Rec 709 2.4

I've recently noticed that all my Library color themes / Color Swatches are not accurate due to the gamma shift when using Rec 709 2.4. When you try to pick a color using the dropper tool on any swatch color, it will not be accurate. If you hover you mouse over the color, it will display the proper colors in the pop up window but you can't select them for any text or solid. Any ideas on when this will be fixed so that when a user changes the project color settings, the color themes update to match?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base