After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can we Have a Feature that Makes 2D Nulls from Camera Track, Instead of Just 3D Nulls

Can we Have a Feature that Makes 2D Nulls from Camera Track, Instead of Just 3D Nulls

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Live Photoshop 3D

The Return of the Live Photoshop 3D Function in After Effects would be Amazing, I hear people talking about it all the time, and how they wish it could come back into After Effects. Especially for Graphic Designers.

Thank you! I hope this Function Comes back or a function like it soon!

I would Recommend After Effects to more people if this Function Came Back, and I'm sure many would come back to after-effects if a Function like that came Back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. After Effects CC should to use Video Preview same with After Effects CS

After Effects CC should to use Video Preview same with After Effects CS without drop sound when preview with sound

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Group Selection Tool for After Effects

A selection tool for Shape Layers in After Effects similar to the Group Selection Tool in Illustrator. The tool would allow you to select vectors within a Shape Layer, and reveal it in the layer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. new copy and past

Hi! first I really like "Shape and mask cursor indicators" it's useful.
    My request is about a script called "true comp duplicator" with is very complicate but very useful. it will be very awesome if in the menu edit there will be a new fonction to copy and past some comp with independent précompte like this script.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask path

pen tool suddenly seems broken and this only happens when making a mask path;

at the first click a vertex is created, at the second click a new vertex with created on the very same vertex that is made from the first click no matter where i click on. At the third click, another vertex is created on the very same point where the first and the second vertex is created and now the path is visible and it appears to be closed at the same time. But it is detected to be a non-closed path when i try and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask path

at the first click a vertex is created, at the second click a new vertex with created on the very same vertex that is made from the first click no matter where i click on. At the third click, another vertex is created on the very same point where the first and the second vertex is created and now the path is visible and it appears to be closed at the same time. But it is detected to be a non-closed path when i try and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask path

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask path

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask path

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In the Project panel, Alphabetical order is broken when adding letters after numbers

In the Project panel, Alphabetical order is broken when adding letters after numbers. Attached image to show the issue

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Play timeline backwards

Allow the ability to play the timeline backwards.
    This will greatly improve the ability to rotoscope and it would be an extremely easy feature to add and it would be extremely usefull!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adding a comp to another comp via scripting does not initiate protected regions on the placed comp

When using scripting to add a comp that has protected regions into another comp, the protected regions are not honored and the blue protected region indicators on the layer do not appear.

When placing a comp with protected regions manually inside the After Effects UI, the protected regions appear fine.

If I add a comp with protected regions via scripting, then manually add a marker to it, then right click the marker and select "Update Markers From Source" the protected regions then appear, this is not something that can be done without the ui via scripting so is not a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BUG raport - AE can't open any project from folder

The issue is that when i double click on the project and try to open it from the folder the message "this file doesn't exist" pops up, but when i open the .aep file from the AE using File->Open Project, everything works just fine. I am using the Windows 10 btw.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bend With Mask Feature

I Would Like to be able to Connect footage to a Mask Line/path. And Tell for Example Some Fire Footage to bend and move with the Mask Line/Path.

Like a Puppet Pin Tool Effect but instead, it follows a Chosen Mask.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rotobrush 2 isnt working with Precomposed Layers.

Rotobrush 2 isnt working with Precomposed Layers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Object Tracking

Can We Get an Object Tracker In After Effects?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3d Objects In the Native Program

I Would Like 3D Objects Enabled in the Native After Effects Software Again, like the Old Version did.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base