After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3d Point Control

Point Control seems to be only 2d. I need it in 3d. Why not take the number of dimensions from the Layer it is applied to?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: After Effects 2020 crashes on preview

After a short work, when I do a preview, the ae2020 stops working and crashes. it happens all the time

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. video length and playback issue

Hi, I have a 3 minute video added in my timeline. If I play to the end, it doesnt show the last 5 seconds when played back, I cannot extend the clip any longer. When I export it, it plays the last 5 seconds. Please fix because I cant crop the last 5 seconds off as I wish.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug Report: After Effects Version 17 - Layers won't load in layer panel

Bug Report: After Effects Version 17 - Layers won't load in layer panel

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug? Wrong audio settings after importing Premiere project in 2020

Since Adobe 2020 there is a strange behaviour when importing a Premiere project in After Effects.

CC2019: I create a new project in PP, insert some video files into the timeline, and import it in After Effects. The single sequences in AE automatically get the effect "stereo mixer" with settings 100%/100%/-100%/100%. (1x for mono, 2x for stereo video)

CC2020: The same, but the Stereo Mixer has the settings 35,57%/35,57%/-100%/100% (even when importing PP2019 files), so the audio is way quieter than it should be.

Is this a bug? Or a feature? ;) Tested on 3 systems, Mac/Win.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. After Effects 2020 overwrites C4D R21 install

After Installing After Effects 2020, My Cinema 4D install was overwritten to an older version. I was on R21.026 but after the install, I'm now on R21.022. The C4D online updater also will not recognize that there is an update available. The only current solution is to manually download and install the latest version from Maxon.net.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. OpenColor IO color management

Switch the internal color management for OCIO.
    At the very least let us choose the CM engine.
    The old one is fine, not sure why people ***** about it so much, they should learn to use it first I guess.
    I find it more powerful than the one in Nuke. It worked for me just fine all these years, apart from the instances when all color profiles disappeared after an update ;)
    That said, currently ACES workflow is impossible to achieve.
    The ACES icc profiles provided are wrong, you can't get proper colors from ACES clips.
    Maybe it's a limitation…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix the 'save current preview...' option under Composition. Now it is always greyed out.

Saving previews is very useful for the first stages in a project. Somehow I cannot access the feature 'save current preview' under Composition: it's always greyed out.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Split this forum into BUG REPORTS & FEATURE REQUEST sections

Why is this site combining Feature requests AND bugreports together.
    I can't even filter Requests from bugreports.

At least a filter would be nice to have!

Thank you

113 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make a new start with innovative young people that have some visions for the future!

AE has missed every important innovation or trends in compositing of the last 10 years.

So, change the old team, make a new start and rework the hole core of the old lady! Its already five past twelve!

1) make it multicore (we will get 64 cores very soon!)
    2) design a competitive, GPU based 3D engine and workflow with the guys form C4D ... only for "simple" tasks (basic deform/modeling, projection mapping, 3D stereo, point cloud i/o(like VDBs), deep comp, raytrace lighting and shading...) but in real 3D and with all importand i/o options.
    3) Rework and open the…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [BUG] can't copy paste keyframes from/to same master property

can't copy keyframes from master property and paste
    it to the same master property of the same layer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. align 3D layers

Align 3D layers. Distribute them, etc. That's it really.

74 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix anchor point of polystar

I found a problem with Anchor point of Polystar. It is not correct when creating the shape. No matter if you use command to center it. It will not move correct. Only solution is to change to 6 points in the polystar and center the Anchor point. Then you can go back to 5 and it is still centered.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Guide layer within Shape layers

There are times when I want to have guide layers within shape layers.

While you are upgrading shape layers (I'm just assuming you are, because it really is one of the most important systems in AE, and it hasn't received any love for a long time)
    How about a way to turn a group or element inside of shapes as a guide layer. so when you render it is not visible. It would be great to create on screen controls for rigs.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mobile App that notifies you once rendering/export in done on AE/media encoder

I’ve been using Adobe suite for about 10yrs now. One of the major issues has been with scheduling other things to line with an export or a render. Even though the software tries to approximate render time, it’s not always correct. There’s also a thing where creators just want to sit and watch their render/export finish.
    So imagine an app that sends a notification to your phone once your work is finished. Maybe with cloud services you can even watch a quick preview. That way you can leave your rendering and go do something else.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. set matte

Make changes that allow set matte to work the same in precomps with continuous rasterization.

When designing for animation you often need to use the set matte, but that means no precomping unless you toggle Continually Rasterize off, which means vectors are no longer vectors and no longer scalable without losing quality.

I don't understand why AE is made in such a way that a precomp completely changes how the set matte effect works. If I'm designing an animated character and I use the set matte to allow the pupils to be hidden by eyelids etc, then it should look…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Underlined text

We should be able to underline texts. In order to lose less time animating lines & text separately...

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. AE2018 Render Farm error -1712

At wit's end: AE2018 (v. 15.1.2x69) on OSX 10.11.3, 8-node render farm running open source Dr. Queue manager on super old 2006 era Mac towers hacked to run 64bit.

AE runs FINE on two machines, no problem. On the third (and any other) machine the renders bomb out with

aerender ERROR -1712: AESend failed to send apple event at line 771

But returns "Task finished." I saw similar bug reports here with other render managers, but most of the solutions involved upgrading to latest AE. I can't do that - OSX 10.11.3 is the last version of the OS I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve the software

I think since audio is a very important feature when it comes working with video, the timeline panel could be improved and make the workflow easier and faster if it could look like a music software arrangement view with bpm and easy to snap to the grid. The ability to create folder or groups in the timeline. Also I love the new render engine in Blender called Eevee that can give a realtime preview instead After Effects is very very slow. Implement midi or Osc for easy map parameters, that would be ideal and awesome. Regards

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base