After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AE file opens with correct version by default.

What if instead of waiting for AE to load--only to tell you that it's the wrong version--the project being opened recognizes the various versions of AE on the system and automatically selects the one that will work?

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add Paragraph Attributes to be expression-able.

The addition of styles into Source Text expressions is helpful. I'd like it to go a little further and be able to control paragraph attributes like "Space After"

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Per vertex rounding on shape layers

It's be great to be able to adjust and animate the rounding of individual vertexes on shape layers just like a user can in Illustrator.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mix text styles on text expressions

I'm very fond of the new text expression access but we are limited to 1 style per text layer. We could be able to mix text styles in the same layer.

I attached an example.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Turn After Effects into a plugin, scripting / extensions compiler

I don’t know what’s the end goal with this software and if it’s about to be doomed or not by competition in the future due to lack of innovation. It’s pretty frustrating that users these days have to rely on so many third party plugins, scripts and extensions to get basic things done. I hate that direction that adobe choose to take, but if you’re already going there and not going to change the software from the ground up, it would be cool if after effects would be able to convert projects and expressions into plugins (where the whole comps…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG: Persian numeral characters are replaced by Arabic characters when using Essential graphics or expressions.

When using Persian/Farsi numerals in Essential graphics or expressions, the Persian numerals are replaced by Arabic numerals (4, 5 and 6 are most identifiable). Persian numerals directly in a text object work OK.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Additional text indication feature

It would be nice for the text boxes to indicate more text if it is not visible. Similar to Illustrator or Keynote when the text box is not displaying all the text there's a small box with a plus sign indicating more text or other options.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Symlinked folders for Plugins and Presets no longer work

For years I've been using symlinked folders to keep scripts, plugins, and presets "synced" across computers, just like Zack Lovatt wrote about here: http://zacklovatt.com/syncing-ae-addons-via-dropbox/

However this seems broken in AE v17.0.1 / "2020", on Windows. My Scripts symlink continues to work, but plugins and presets ones don't.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. mask selection bug in warp stabilizer (AE 2020)

Within using warp stabilizer in AE 2020, if you select "show tracking points" to delete some of the points for a more specific stabilization, the selection turns out to be a few inches to the left of my actual cursor.

I restarted my program, along with my computer, tried various clips - it kept happening. I went into AE 2019 (whichever was the last version before 2020), and it worked perfectly fine, selected right where my cursor was. Went back into 2020, same error - selection follows the pattern of my movement, but is way off to where my cursor…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dynamically update graph editor when adjusting numerical values in keyframe velocity window

When adjusting influence and pixels/sec values numerically in the Keyframe Velocity pop-up window, it would be great to be able to see the changes update dynamically in the graph editor without having to click 'Ok' to see the changes and keep reopening the window to make fine adjustments.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. error importing numbers from csv data

Seems to be an issue with the way numbers larger than 32768 are imported into AE from a CSV file for data-driven animations.

Steps to reproduce:

1 - Import CSV with numbers smaller and larger than 32768 and add to comp.
    2 - Drag out Number data from CSV to composition.
    3 - Notice that any numbers larger that 32768 are imported as being "32768" (E.g: Number data point should be 40,000, imports into AE as 32768.

Happens in AE and PP as a mogrt. Tried changing the field type between "number" and "string" and neither seems to help.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stroke cap adjustments.

I would love more options for the caps of strokes. People have asked for arrows, and tapers, which are all great. I would love for the angle to be modified. As it is now the cap of a stroke is perpendicular to the path (except in the case of round caps).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Pickwhipping property "Scale" of "Transform" effect causes inconsistent expression errors

When pickwhipping anything to the "Scale" property of an effect "Transform", it causes an expression error to appear stating:

"property or method named ‘Scale’ in Class ‘Group’ is missing or does not exist. It may have been renamed, moved, deleted, or the name may have been mistyped"

However after changing the value of said "Scale" property, the error disappears. The same error then appears again each time project is loaded up containing such expression that was pickwhipped to the "Scale" property. (containing code: "effect("Transform")("Scale")" )

I am reporting this as a bug. Hopefully I explained the case clearly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. [BUG] - Fonts not showing up in After Effects

This bug was supposedly resolved in earlier updates but has since reverted back. I am missing some key fonts that show up in other programs, including Photoshop. Not listed in AE.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Text style expressions don't exist in older projects

The new text style expressions don't exist if a project is from older version (before cc2020).

Workaround is importing the project into a new cc2020 project.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Output image sequence counts from frame 0 even though the in and out point of the work area is further up ahead.

Bug probably ? Normally, when I render frame 300 till 600.Output files are named accordingly. Right now, in CC2020 it always counts the image sequence from frame 0, thus making partial renders overwrite files you don't want to.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. master properties don't update sometimes

Sometimes, masterproperties won't update until purging the cache. This is very confusing! I'm used to those kind of problems just from plug-ins and not from native effects/features.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. sourceRectAtTime() not consistent

When animating a TextAnimator/Scale Start% with keyframes, sourceRectAtTime() perfectly follows the bounding box. But when the Start% is generated by an expression, sourceRectAtTime does not follow along.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove unused footage feature without removing folders

Hi there,

I would like to see the "remove unused footage" feature extended with an option to not delete folders. Since I'm using a certain structure of folders in my projects, I would like an option to clean them of unused footage (for performance / overview reasons) while maintaining my normal folder structure.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Font Search Causes Crash

When searching for a font by typing it into the font search bar I can type SE but as soon as I type A it crashes, every time.

I am on Windows 10 Pro 1903 & After Effects version 17.0.0

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base