After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want Japanese and English expressions to be the same

I want Japanese and English expressions to be the same

Internally want to make sure that the effect names and shape layer names do not match in the Japanese and English versions of AE

When trying to open aep across languages, an expression error appears and it is difficult to use

An example
    en = sulder control jp = スライダー制御

日本語と英語のエクスプレッションを内部的に同じ扱いにして欲しい。言語を跨いだワークフローだとエクスプレッションエラーを発生してしまうため。

29 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to be able to bring photoshop and illustrator information as it is

Import Layer style, Adjustment layer, Appearance, text editing features from Photoshop and Illustrator when .psd and .ai files are imported to After Effects

イラストレーターやフォトショップからpsdやaiファイルを読み込む際に調整レイヤーやレイヤースタイルなどの情報をそのまま反映させるようにしてほしい

:例
    Ps
    ・調整レイヤー
    ・レイヤースタイル

Ai
    ・アピアランス

など

60 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to lock comps from the project panel.

Instead of having to go into a layer and lock each layer, it'd be great if you could lock a comp (ie put a restriction type of tag on it) from the project panel to prevent any changes to it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. After the latest update, my double click stopped working in after effects.

I can't go in my compositions because my double click stopped working in after effects. This also happens when i try to import layered files. Double clicking won't work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Feature request! Batch select markers on the same layer.

Hi! I know that you can batch select all the markers on a layer at once to move them, but it would be great to select just some. Like if there are five markers, you can select three of them and move them forward to they don't lose their relative position to each other. You've probably heard this one before, but I'd love to be able to do that!

Edit to add: And if you could "compress" selected markers together relative to each other like you can by holding "option" with selected keyframes, that would be cool too!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: AE cc2020 - Wrong levels with ProRes files if project is set to 32 bits/channel

ProRes and ProRes(HQ) files are too dark in AE if the project Color Depth is set to '32 bits per channel (float)'. ProRes 4444 and h264 files are read fine. All works fine with a color depth of either 8 or 16 bit. All color depths work fine in cc2019.

AE Version: 17.0.2
    OSX Version: 10.14.6

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to hide Clone Stamp brush stroke paths and anchor points WITHOUT disabling the stroke itself.

Similar to the Show/Hide layer controls option in the View menu, it would be very helpful to be able to hide the Clone Stamp's anchor and brush stroke path while editing. It is sometimes impossible to change a clone's position accurately in real time. One has to constantly select, the deselect a given brush stroke to see if the results look good. This is especially a problem when keyframing a clone's source position and transform position to, for instance, paint out scuff marks over a long time.

Granted, one can open the layer panel side by side with the Comp…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Access Gradient Fill values with expressions and keyframes on shape layers

I would love to be able to access the color control values of Gradient Fill layers with expressions. Right now, you can access the start and end points, but you have to click into "Edit Gradient" which feels very oldschool. And while we're talking gradients, I would love to be able to keyframe the color values of a gradient as well. While I could accomplish this effect with a gradient ramp effect, this means that every shape will need to be on it's own layer, and I'll have to create a bunch of custom expressions to connect the control points…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Saving images in 150 dpi

I have image with 150 dpi quality and want to do do some post processing in AE. But unfortunatly AE do not support 150 dpi only 72. And a lot of cool things that can be done i should do manually in Photoshop. In AE it could be much faster and easier.

Can it be possible to handle 150 DPI quality (or higher) for images in AE?
    Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG: Project Settings Window will not open

Project Settings Window will not open at all.

Project Settings > Color > Working Space
    If I choose any of these 3 options, it prevents me from re-opening Project Settings window at all to change further:
    --Rec.709 VLog
    --Sony S.Gamut3.Cine/S-Log3
    --Sony S.Gamut3/S-Log3

I have restarted AE, restarted Windows, updated to the latest build AE v17.0.2. I have trashed all prefs.
    The only thing that seems to snap AE out of this is to open a previous project that is set to any other color profile. Then the Projet Settings window will open just fine. But choosing any of those Working…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug Report - Layer/Camera/Link Focus Distance To Layer does not work!

3D Camera 'Link Focus Distance to Layer' does not work. When initially linking the focus distance, it is set correctly. But as soon as you orbit the camera around an orbit null, the focus distance no longer stays locked to the focus layer. Also, and bizarrely, if the orbit null is deleted the focus distance resumes the correct lock. After a lot of experimenting and 2 completely useless and infuriating sessions with Adobe support (Adobe - your tech support sucks - I have NEVER had a satisfactory experience with your tech support), I discovered that the problem appears to be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Glyphs

Please add glyphs to After Effects

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug report: Audio replacement/ mp3 support

Upon importing audio with same filename the preview in AE (even after cache is purged) will play old audio. Rendering in ME produces the correct audio.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. There is getting Photoshop 3D into after effects and being able to manipulate inside AE. How comes we haven't got this functionality yet. U

Hi,
    One major issue I have with After Effects is getting Photoshop 3D/Materials into after effects and being able to manipulate inside AE on 3D Plane. How comes we haven't got this functionality yet. Users have been asking about this for years. I have been asking about this for about 3 years. I know there is Cinema 4D which deals with 3D Layers but I just don't understand how you own 3D functionality doesn't work between apps but you have an outside companies 3D Applications work on there but not your own products. That one I will leave up to…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display release number in 'About After Effects'

When updating, sometimes I have to work in two versions side by side. It's hard to find out which version is active, since the 'About After Effects' info panel lacks the release number (2019. 2020).

White space enough to add it :-)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Addition of Extrusion Depth and Bevel Depth to footage layers

It's well known from https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/extruding-text-shapes.html that footage layers, solids, and compositions cannot be beveled or extruded. Personally, I don't understand how this isn't currently possible. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding something, but I'm not sure. Regardless, it would be nice to have this feature added for footage layers, as FXhome's Ignite Pro effects are already capable of doing this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug: AE2020 seq import from server error

After Effects 2020 is giving error when importing png seq from server.

(After Effects error: Can't import as a sequence. Found no matches for the selected file name. (39 :: 44)

When import same seq from local drive its ok and AE2019 opens it from server with no problem

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. After Effects 17.0.1 visual preview/render glitches

I have preview and rendering issues, both in After Effects 17.0.1 or rendering from AE to Media Encoder.
    I reverted to AE 17.0 and the glitches are gone.

The glitchy part is on the fire portion of the frame, which is a composition when I use a free fireplace footage which is overlapped 3 times across the frame width.

I tried:
    - Disabling Fast Render preview
    - Rendering using CUDA
    - Rendering using Software
    - Rendering using OpenCL
    - Re-rendering the original footage (the FIRE footage shown) into a high quality MP4 using media encoder to discard possible format problems…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A whole content aware fill window

So, while I love the new Content aware fill feature in after effects, it isn't perfect. I feel like some of the reasoning for that is just the fact that it's mostly automated. So in order to fix this what if there was a window (or a panel) that could walk you through step-by-step telling after effects what exactly is going on in your seen, like direction you camera is moving, hand held or tripod camera, ect. in some ways it would be similar to the 3d camera tracker, but more instructional.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. RTL Language Issue (Arabic)

It seems that there are a lot of hoops to jump through when working with languages that are in the RTL form.

Specifically I'm trying to update a video to Arabic translation and when I paste my text, it comes in backwards.

I've updated my Type prefs, using Adobe Arabic, updated to the latest version of AE (17) and have the correct paragraph direction selected.

I ended up finding this sort of work around, but I have to copy/paste text from the PDF I have, to the website. Then copy/paste the text from the website to my AE file.

While…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base