After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Thai Language type issue on AE CC v17.5.1

There's an issue with Thai type. Accent glyphs will not show unless there is another letter after. Adding space between removes the glyphs. If a glyph is on the last letter of the sentence it is not shown. See attached GIF.

I am using the South Asian and Middle Eastern type engine but also tried it on the Latin engine without success. Testing with a different font also doesn't work. Testing the same project file on CC 2019 (v16.1.3) works fine - the text shows all needed characters. So this must be a new bug.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom zoom percentage

I find it odd that we still cannot enter a custom zoom percentage for viewing our composition. Especially in an era where you can use your tablet as a second screen, it would be ideal to zoom in a specific amount for masking and animation. Clearly, it is possible, because selecting "fit" will give a very specific percentage. Yet, for some reason, it remains impossible to ask for a specific percentage yourself. Would very much love to see this feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug Report: Drop Down Language-Problem

Hi,
    I'm using the Drop Down Menu Control as an effect for a control layer with a german Version of After Effects on Windows and Mac. When switching the project between Mac and Windows I get an expression Error. It seems that there is a problem with the "ü" in the Property "Menü". I tested it now on 2 seperate Windows-Systems and 2 Mac-Systems which have all installed the german version of 17.5.1 and it's alway the same behaviour.

When I save the project from Windows it converts "Menü" to "Men," and if I save it on a Mac and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Collapse transformations 3D is imprecise and unreliable.

I frequently work with projects that have 3d comps within 3d comps where I use Collapse Transformations to have everything within one 3D space, and at a certain point (not a ridiculous amount of layers in my opinion, current project is maybe 9 comps with 40 layers each, a couple of which are further 3d comps), the draw order and visibility of layers will be totally off and pop in and out from frame to frame. I don't have any 2D or adjustment layers in the stack that can cause this, and also no effects. It feels very buggy, imprecise…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix scrolling and pinch to zoom when using Wacom products

I use a Wacom Intuos Pro M, I use two finger scrolling and pinch to zoom on both my home and work machines. (Home mid15 Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7, Work 15 iMac running Mojave which I cannot update).

This works fine in all software except After Effects, where nothing happens in any window. I know it's possible as I can use two finger scrolling and pinch to zoom in my timeline and other windows using my Macbook touchpad. And that is the exact functionality that should happen with the Wacom.

Yes I can work around by re-arranging my grip…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disabling Time Remapping should remove expressions applied to the property

If you have an expression applied to Time Remapping (eg. loopOut), and you disable Time Remapping, you can get an expression error which is unresolvable since the property no longer exists. If we're removing the property itself, it makes more sense to a user to also remove any expressions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. By accepting variable weighted fonts...i.e. Source Sans Variable

As it stands now...AE does not recognize the font 'Source Sans Variable'. Would like for AE to be able to accept these types of fonts and utilize them in the program. Illustrator recognizes these fonts. I understand that I can do a text outline but if I have to change a word then I have to go back to illustrator and re-type the font and save it back out and re-import it. It would be better to be able to type the word in the variable font (ie Source Sans Variable).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve Eyedropper in 32bit Linear Workspace

Picking colors using the eyedropper is problematic when in a 32 bit Project. If you pick a color from a non 32bit source then the color is always different. The color is converted through the linear process but when you pick you are using the eyedropper by eye and that it shouldn't go through that process. The same goes for working with shape fill and outline colors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 기능 개선 요청

프로젝트의 오디오 하드웨어 설정이 자꾸 멈춘다.
    즉, 미리보기 실행시 멈춰버리며, 이를 해결하기 위해 오디오 하드웨어를 매번 다시 설정하고 있다.
    작업중에 가장 많이 사용하는것이 audio hardware 이다.
    이것은 개선된 아이디어의 제안이 아니라, 문제해결을 요청하는 것이다.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Multiple objects in same layer - reusing a layer

As the number of layers grow and the timeline grows too, it gets difficult to mange the real estate of the timeline. It would be great to reuse a layer for another object in the same layer to save space and ergonomics. For instance even for repeated animations we need to create as many layers. Thereby growing the timeline vertically as well as horizontally. Thus it become unmanageable after it gets pretty big.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. please fix the audio playing slow while previewing a video

everytime i put an mp4 or mp3 in the work space and play it it previews slow, it's very tiring

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Item and AVItem should exist as real classes in ExtendScript

ExtendScript documentation says that CompItem and FootageItem are subclasses of AVItem (and AVItem, in turn, is a subclass of Item). The problem is neither Item nor AVItem are actually defined in ExtendScript. Running item instanceof AVItem throws an error because AVItem is undefined!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Not having to close and open after effects to switch audio device/output

This is something that could improve workflow a lot. When I switch between i.e. internal speakers and headphones after effects should be modern enough to get it. It really is inefficient and quite annoying to have to quit and start up if I want to change the audio output to show something to my colleagues and then do it again before I can continue working on it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Always render Null Objects with 0% Transparency

I often use Null Objects within my compositions- and its very easy to forget to switch them off before you render- leaving white squares where they have been used in you render.

So why not as an overall rule just always render them with 0% transparency? There doesnt seem to be any reason for Null objects to be rendered so it makes sense.

(You can obviously set them to 0% in the composition- but it often actually helps for them to be visible whilst constructing your comps)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Middle Eastern text formatting

Add this formatting to be able to type in languages that go from right to left without issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make a layer ALWAYS span the entire duration of a comp

It'd be useful to be able to set a layer (e.g. a background solid, or a still image) to ALWAYS last the entire duration of a comp, so if I extend the duration of the comp, the layer will always last the entire duration of the comp. It could be activated by right-clicking the layer and choosing a menu option under the Time category (it'd fit right in there with Freeze on Last Frame).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the ability to merge separate mask paths into one

It would be wonderful to be able to take two incomplete/open paths/masks and join them into one--not in the "merge paths" way, but actually joining two paths. (This would be particularly helpful during roto when one thinks one is continuing a previous path but one has accidentally started a new path.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. i want after effect expression for marker

i writing expression language in after effect
    my purpose is layer marker's label color

what is the maker's label color

ex)
    thisLayer.marker.key(1).time
    thisLayer.marker.key(1).duration
    thisLayer.marker.key(1).comment
    thisLayer.marker.key(1). <<<< what is the label color

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Puppet Tool needs a feature that gives you the option to create a custom mesh.

For example, I'm currently animating a image where the eye is blinking. The deform feature for the Puppet tool is perfect for this, but I find that the auto mesh that it creates generates triangles that result in artifacts and are not ideal; the fix for this is just add more points. However I think it would be great to have a feature to draw your own edge loops. Say you can draw a few masks on the image for the the grid/loops, then have the tool generate a mesh based on those guides. Or say just draw one loop…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base