After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Control of frame increments (especially for image sequences)

Please add some more in-depth controls for rendering image sequences. These are the options I would love to see in the output module (I know some of them exist already):
    1. start frame (timeline)
    2. end frame (timeline)
    3. increment (timeline)
    4. start frame (output file)
    5. increment (output file)
    6. skip existing frames
    This would give you so much more flexibility than currently. Maya does this very well.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. a Premiere Layer in After Effects with visible edits

For every cut in AE you need 2 layers. Very quickly you have a lot of layers. If you precomps the layers, you don't see "outside" the timing of the edits "under the skin". A Premiere layer only for editing would be dramatically reduce the amount of layer & you could see every edit for timing of your animation.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. link layers in the timeline

It would be very nice to be able to link layers in the timeline. Sometimes a lot of layers together makes up an effect and its preferable not to move it into a Pre-comp. And when needing to move layers in the timeline it would have been nice to be able to link certain layers together so when you move them forward/backward in time, all the linked layers will follow.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Save backup project to creative cloud

Have a backup project that is automatically saved to the cloud when you save the local project file, like Premiere has.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow the user to hide the panel headers

Allow the user to hide the panel headers. Instead of the first unnecessary line of text, squeeze it into a small square on the side or corner of panel. Need for scripts panels. Now a lot of space on the monitor is spent on the headers of the panels. This is a completely unnecessary information that can be deleted. The user must decide for himself.

72 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please support this formats in after effects

please after effects native support for the follow file formaty

OGG, FLAC,MVK, MKA, ACC. HE-ACC, OPUS, VORBIS, mp3HD, theora, ape, apl, HAP, aPNG, HEVC, H264

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please support display acceleration in after effects for nvidia GT550M

i have nvidia GT550M in theory my graphic card should support this function without any problem

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create New Shape Layer Above Existing Selection

Add feature that places new Shape Layers above a selected layer. Nulls and Solids already behave in this manner, so it would just be a matter of applying the same behavior to Shape Layers.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mask path free transform in perspective & skew

When selecting mask shape or points, please allow distorting the selection in skew and perspective - like in Photoshop. Would help a lot when rotoscoping masks.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG REPORT: Random Single Black Frame in Video

BUG REPORT: I have noticed this with a number of various videos I've worked on in the past couple months over a variety of Adobe AE versions. (Currently 15.1.0).

I will be playing back a comp I've been working on and notice that a random frame in the middle of the source video is 100% black. This is only viewable in AE. When viewing the original source video in Quicktime or VLC, it does not show the black frame. If I view the composition in AE it will show the black fame and even when I view the source video…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. No glyphs?

A glyphs panel would be an amazing addition.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. could not open file

After updating to After Effects 2018 when I try open projects made in the previous version i'm bombarded with multiple errors such as "Could not open the file...", "Unable to open the file.... If the file is opened in another application...". This pops up for each video asset I have in the projects.

I've tried converting these files to another format and saving to a local HDD rather then the network they were on but still get the same issue. I've also tried back-saving, deleting old preferences files, clearing cache etc.

AFX 2018 is barely usable at the moment for…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a unique identifier to properties (and layers) accessible via the scripting API

When scripting, we sometimes have to be able to "store" a property to do something later with it ;
    For example, very often, scripts use the "comment" property of the layers to store data like this.

The problem is: there are only three ways to get a property:
    - the matchName, but there can be a lot of properties with the same matchName
    - the name, but it can be changed by users, so it is not reliable
    - the index, which can be changed by users too.

This is very problematic, especially for Effects, or Shapes content, and the…

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Display Acceleration Disabled

Can you fix this issue? I recently updated to the latest CC and now I can no longer see my RAM Previews which is a major issue for my workflow!

I run a MAC that is already fully upgraded so thats not really an option for me.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Spell check..?

It'd be really nice to have a spell check built into text layers in AE. UI could be as simple as having a warning symbol pop up next to the text layer in the timeline, so you know which layer contains an error. Just had to correct a small typo that managed to get past myself, QA, producers, AND the client until just now. Spell check would be really useful in preventing human error (and embarrassment...)

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Color Emoji support

We mock up tweets, Instagram and Facebook posts daily for our newsroom and color emoji fonts simply don't work in AE.

We have to go find each individual emoji as a PNG, import it manually and sync it up with our text animation.

Having emoji support would be a big deal for us. And I'd argue it's necessary in today's social media obsessed world!

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Lab colorspace

To be able to convert the RGB color space to Lab color space, and work in Lab in AE.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Foreground and Background Layers

Currently working on GUI-simulations.
    And I think of two features that would come in handy"

1 Mark layers as 'Comp Duration', to make sure that these layers will adjust to the Comp duration, even when this is changed (great for Background-layers).

2 Mark layers as 'Always On Top', to prevent from arranging layers all the time: E.g. in a GUI-simulation the Mouse Pointer must be always on top.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Prevent comp expression reference errors when importing project with same-name compositions

Example: I have a project with a "Video" comp. I import a project that contains another "Video" comp, and another comp with expressions referencing the "Video" comp. This reference now goes to the wrong comp.

Obviously, the expression should reference the "Video" comp in the imported project, but this is not the case (at least not always).

Solution 1: Go to the closest comp in the project files. You choose the comp that you need to go up the least folders to get to. This means that it'll prioritize the comp if it's in the newly created "<project file>.aep" folder.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Convert illustrator text layer to live text layers

by right clicking a photoshop layer you can have it become a live text inside AE please do the same for illustrator files

86 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base