After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Libraries search

I post it here because most of the time I work in AE, but of course this concerns whole CC. Since we work with very large own libraries for logo's and stuff, it would be a great help to have a search engine for all the libraries instead of the 'search Adobe Stock' alone...

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 项目面板内容满了之后鼠标无处可点

项目面板 导入很多文件之后 必须要把鼠标拖到最底下 然后把project 面板 拖大一点鼠标才能点到空白区域

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add back rendering support for H264 codec directly out of AE

Around 2012 you removed the option for rendering a .mp4 file directly out of AE. Please add it back. The work around is to either render in a different codec and compress that in media encoder, or to launch the render directly from media encoder from AE (which is extremely slow and cumbersome, especially when you have large/complex project files). Not sure why removing functionality seemed like a good idea at the time...?

230 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keyframe stopwatch on ALL properties

its 2018, why the discrimination? I believe all properties matter, let us keyframe them how we please. #allpropertiesmatter The new AE even has the property pick whips next to them, but they do nothing.

I'm really just trying to keyframe the shape of the range selector in text animators.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Keyboard shortcut for adding a Position Keyframe also adds one to the Master Properties of a subcomp

When I do Shift-Alt-P on Windows, it adds a keyframe for both position AND a position Master Property. Seems more like a bug, as adding a keyframe for both seems like a rarer use case than just adding a position keyframe.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to fully disable logs

The render logs have never been useful to me in any way. Of the few times I have render problems, the logs never gave me any useful information. They just create clutter that I have to delete myself.

I'm not suggesting getting rid of them entirely, just let me disable them.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug Report - AE 15.0.1 - lumetri scopes - RGB Parade - Green Channel is not correct

There is a bug in After Effects when you open Lumetri Scopes - RGB Parade. The green channel is not displaying correctly. Even with a pure black solid (displays the green channel as slightly lifted) or a pure white solid (displays the green channel as slightly clipped). Confidence in scopes is very important and clearly we cannot trust the Lumetri Scopes' accuracy.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AVI Files are NOT interlaced !!

Its not the first time you have this problem. Since my last update, ALL my .AVI files are NOT interlaced! Big big problems.

Thks.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Interlaced in 29,97 doesn't work on PC

When I output file with 29,97 Interlaced, since the last update, it's NOT interlaced.

Thks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Huge preview issue on windows 7

On windows 7 I had this very time-consuming issue in all updates the past 1,5 years where the preview stops working and the only solution is to restart AE. This happens 5-10 times everyday.

It seems that the only hint is that the issue comes when switching between apps and back to AE.

When i press spacebar or any other way to play the comp, the only thing that happens is that the marker moves one frame back on the timeline.

This issue has fallowed me through all updates but does not show on my laptop with windows 10, so…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Extend marker duration backwards

Currently, you can extend a marker's duration forward in time by holding Alt/Option and dragging. I would like to add the ability to extend marker duration backwards so the in point would automatically become the end point, thus allowing you to extend the in point toward the beginning of the timeline.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create folder containing selected items in Project panel

When selecting multiple files in the Project panel and pressing 'Create New Folder' a new folder should be created with all the selected files inside. Instead of then having to manually move all files in.
    Perhaps this could be done by holding down a key and pressing Create a new folder, maybe CMD and click?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keyframe-able Layer Controls

I know it probably presents a whole host of problems, but it'd be nice if we could keyframe layer controls. It would also be nice if effects that reference layers could be keyframed so that you can link them to a layer control.

If you're using multiple layers with the same Set Matte setup, for example, it'd be great if we could change them all with one layer expression control. But since they can't be keyframed they can't have expressions either. This makes the Layer Control much less useful than it could otherwise be.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I cannot have AE 15.0 installed in parallel with 15.1 (new codec - breaks 200 projects for me) and so I have to leave the platform?!?!

I cannot have AE 15.0 installed in parallel with 15.1 (new codec - breaks 200 projects for me) and so I have to leave the platform?!?! Adobe must at least give us a door to open our old AE projects intact with a possibility to do a parallel install of a dot release! As it is now I cannot update and that SUCKS BIGTIME!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. every effect, every layer and shape transform to be dupliactable and scalable

so like the compositing option under each effect where you can duplicate and create mask input as many as needed, why won't there be a transform for each effect and why won't add duplicatable transform to be available.
    Because so many times you just need another transform offset for a particular effect, or particular mask or particular shape and you have to workaround it like adding transform FX or offset effects, or duplicating and cutting out and adding back in the second layer...

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add support for 3dconnexion

Adding support for 3dconnexion 3d mice would allow greater flexibility when working in 3d space. It would also make the job a lot easier for some of us.

Thanks!

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Auto-Save no longer works

Operating System: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4
    After Effects Version: 15.1.1

Hello. My auto-save functionality is no longer working. I've tried a number of things:

• Resetting program preferences
    • Uninstalling/reinstalling After Effects
    • Zapping P-Ram
    • Changing location of auto-save folder in preferences to different drives
    • Changing interval period for auto-saves anywhere from 5 mins to an hour
    • Repairing drive permissions

None of the above has remedied the issue.

Is this a known issue? If so, is there a recommended course of action?

Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base