After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. master properties don't update sometimes

Sometimes, masterproperties won't update until purging the cache. This is very confusing! I'm used to those kind of problems just from plug-ins and not from native effects/features.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the software

I think since audio is a very important feature when it comes working with video, the timeline panel could be improved and make the workflow easier and faster if it could look like a music software arrangement view with bpm and easy to snap to the grid. The ability to create folder or groups in the timeline. Also I love the new render engine in Blender called Eevee that can give a realtime preview instead After Effects is very very slow. Implement midi or Osc for easy map parameters, that would be ideal and awesome. Regards

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. sourceRectAtTime() not consistent

When animating a TextAnimator/Scale Start% with keyframes, sourceRectAtTime() perfectly follows the bounding box. But when the Start% is generated by an expression, sourceRectAtTime does not follow along.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. convert vertex tool keyboard shortcut

There is no possibility to make keyboard shortcut to ”Convert vertex tool” in After Effects. I'll need that feature a lot.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. video length and playback issue

Hi, I have a 3 minute video added in my timeline. If I play to the end, it doesnt show the last 5 seconds when played back, I cannot extend the clip any longer. When I export it, it plays the last 5 seconds. Please fix because I cant crop the last 5 seconds off as I wish.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support OpenType-SVG fonts

OpenType-SVG fonts are already supported in Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign and it would be great to have them in After Effects as well!

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: if one scale dimension is negative, scaling that layer proportionally breaks your custom scale

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a layer, of any kind (shape, solid, etc).
    2. Twirl down to the layer's main Scale property, and toggle off Constrain Proportions (the chain-link icon).
    3. Using the blue property text fields, type in a negative value for one of the scale dimensions (e.g., set X to -100%).
    4. In the Composition panel / viewport, using the selection tool, hold Shift and drag the scale corners of your layer. Depending on the layer type, this will either make both scale dimensions negative, or make them both positive. This shouldn't happen. One scale dimension should stay…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add/restore backwards and ping-pong to preview playback options

Please add/restore the options to play backwards or ping-pong to preview playback.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Standard 3D module is missing" during startup

In trying to start AE v 16.1.1, I get "Standard 3D module is missing" during the splash screen.

I found this... https://forums.adobe.com/message/6966935

However, the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool does not work. When I uninstall AE 16.1.1, it is then not found with the cleaner tool.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use shapes or masks for text box

A way to customize the shape of paragraph text, similar to how you can have text fill a shape in other Adobe programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign.
    This would be an improvement over exporting from one of those programs into AE because you could then edit and/or animate the text easily.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix the 'save current preview...' option under Composition. Now it is always greyed out.

Saving previews is very useful for the first stages in a project. Somehow I cannot access the feature 'save current preview' under Composition: it's always greyed out.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dash alignments like in illustrator

Would be better to have an option to have the alignment of dashes like in illustrator.. Photo attached

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It´s 2018!!! - So we need a real 3D Engine/Workflow inside of After Effects!

8 years ago i asked here for a real 3D engine inside of After Effects to not loose ground against other compositing tools - my advice was to invest in Cinema4D. And yes, you did something like that but you made only a link between that tools - but that is by far not enough!!!

In 2018 even 399€ gimmick tools like "Hitfilm Express" have more advanced 3D engines than After Effects and therefor no one use After Effects in the movie-business anymore.

Its realy a shame that even beginners and hobbiest can´t do there simple 3D comps without an…

49 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Output Module Settings Bug

Edit / Templates / Output Module Templates / Output Module Settings

Format: DPX/Cineon Sequence

“DPX/Cineon Sequence“ format does not activate “Use Comp Frame Number“ feature. It works after activating this feature, but after you close and reopen the After Effects, it returns to its original state.

This error exists in all versions.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Flowchart text filter

I have a big after effects file with lots of text layers in lots of comps and I would like convert all texts to curve and use a render farm to render this file.
    If we have this option this problems are solved, We access Flowchart > select Text filter like photoshop > right click create texto to curves for all project
    I lost 7 hours, because render farm can't render projects with our fonts easily > after effecs can't embed this fonts.

PLUS: Fold and Unfold all boxes on flowchart + Organize selected + view all + view selected…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Replace fast blur with lens blur on demand

Camera lens blur is so demanding that I end up using other, worse looking blur effect. I would love the option to use a certain blur effect across the project (such as fast box blur) as some kind of a proxy, and replace it with camera lens blur before rendering, while maintaining all keyframes and settings

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [BUG] can't copy paste keyframes from/to same master property

can't copy keyframes from master property and paste
    it to the same master property of the same layer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base