After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. have auto save save more frequently

editing takes a long time. when the program crashes, all progress is lost unless previously autosaved or saved. with more frequent autosave, less progress will be lost if the program crashes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. disable automatic font activation

I need to be able to disable the Adobe TypeKit font activation. I need to be able to enable my own copy or client-supplied fonts, and I don't want to risk any slight change in the font display with the current Adobe version. I don't always have every font turned on. I want a warning when a font isn't available, but allow me to decide if I want to use your version or my own if I have it. I don't want the automatic activation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Convert to Audio Key Frames is counter-intuitive and confusing

I don't understand what adobe did but current Convert audio to key frames is bizarre. When you select an audio layer you have an option to create to keyframes. However this creates a full set of keyframes on a composition level and not layer level, including all audio sources from that composition. Now this is not right, why then there is an option to have keyframes on one layer , but it creates an ampitude including all active audio layers? Its just counterintuitive and confusing. I would understand this behavior if it was a global effect, but its a layer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug - When master property is linked to json data by expression, it does not render properly with aerender

When a master properties value is linked to a json data file in the comp and the comp is rendered with aerender, the value of the master property in the rendered file is reverted to it's unaltered value, ie. does not reflect the value of the data

This does work correctly when rendering normally, only seems to be when rendering with aerender

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Real planar tracker GPU and AI based

New reliable planar tracker GPU accelerated and AI based, able to track AE masks or match move layers and corner pins

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add some simple 3D object

With 3d gizmo, hope to see some 3D simple object as Cube, Sphere into new AE, thank guys

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New way to think about After Effects

I think of After Effects as a platform and not a product. It has a nice baseline of features and capabilities, but it's a shell for developers to build it into something for them. It has a plethora of plugins and extensions. And using the language of the web, Javascript, make scripting much more accessible than other packages.

Thinking of AE as a platform means the focus would be on creating a solid, stable, performant foundation. Maybe even creating more powerful development and scripting tools.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Live Photoshop 3D

The Return of the Live Photoshop 3D Function in After Effects would be Amazing, I hear people talking about it all the time, and how they wish it could come back into After Effects. Especially for Graphic Designers.

Thank you! I hope this Function Comes back or a function like it soon!

I would Recommend After Effects to more people if this Function Came Back, and I'm sure many would come back to after-effects if a Function like that came Back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After Effects CC should to use Video Preview same with After Effects CS

After Effects CC should to use Video Preview same with After Effects CS without drop sound when preview with sound

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Group Selection Tool for After Effects

A selection tool for Shape Layers in After Effects similar to the Group Selection Tool in Illustrator. The tool would allow you to select vectors within a Shape Layer, and reveal it in the layer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Revival of direct export of mp4 container h.2648(mp4コンテナh.264の直接書き出しの復活)

Please restore the mp4 (h.264 format) direct export feature that was possible in previous versions.

It is possible to send to and export from AME even under current conditions.I feel inconvenient because I can not give out what I was able to release freely.

In the current version with Ae's render queue function, it is easy for users to be able to export directly.

以前のバージョンで可能だったmp4(h.264形式)の直接書き出し機能を戻してほしい。

現状でもAMEに送り書き出すことは可能ですが、気軽に出せていたものが出せなくなり不便に感じます。Aeのレンダーキュー機能がある現行バージョンでは直接書き出しができる事がユーザーにとっては手軽です。

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. new copy and past

Hi! first I really like "Shape and mask cursor indicators" it's useful.
    My request is about a script called "true comp duplicator" with is very complicate but very useful. it will be very awesome if in the menu edit there will be a new fonction to copy and past some comp with independent précompte like this script.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Compound layer

Would be nice to have a Layer that can hold multiple layers within it. Similar to the concept of track in Premiere. A track can have a number of clips in it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Expose all internal After Effects commands to scripting

It's possible to find many of AE's command IDs by running the following ES function and filling in whatever menu command you're after:

app.findMenuCommandId("Go To Keyframe Time");

But many other commands that aren't strictly "menu" commands seem inaccessible / hidden. For example, it seems impossible to find the commands for shifting keyframes left or right (represented in the hotkey editor by entries like "NudgeKeyframesEarlier" or "Shift Selected Keyframes 1 Frame Earlier").

It'd be great if you could expose these secret commands to scripting, by giving them entries in the function above, giving them command IDs, and/or by building an event…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask path

pen tool suddenly seems broken and this only happens when making a mask path;

at the first click a vertex is created, at the second click a new vertex with created on the very same vertex that is made from the first click no matter where i click on. At the third click, another vertex is created on the very same point where the first and the second vertex is created and now the path is visible and it appears to be closed at the same time. But it is detected to be a non-closed path when i try and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask path

at the first click a vertex is created, at the second click a new vertex with created on the very same vertex that is made from the first click no matter where i click on. At the third click, another vertex is created on the very same point where the first and the second vertex is created and now the path is visible and it appears to be closed at the same time. But it is detected to be a non-closed path when i try and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask path

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask path

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask path

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base