After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. After Effects 2020 on Mac does not work at all with Arri Alexa Footage

After Effects 2020 on Mac does not work with Arri Alexa footage that when imported into Premiere has the AMIRA LUT automatically added. You can see my first exampled here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27MpmJfKHqg and my second example from Arri's example footage here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9aRnCeu7PE The footage drops out, goes blue, and goes upside down becoming completely useless.

The only way to get the footage to work is to recompress it all and the reconnect, but we are talking a huge amount of ProRES 4444 footage that I really don't want to recompress, especially when it works fine in After Effects 2019.

I had…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ponts of shape layer’s path move out of viewport

Since the latest 2021 update (17.5 version) I have encountered a problem with points of shape layer’s path. When I try to move them, sometimes they teleport way far from the viewport. So I need to move them always with arrows which is annoying. It doesn’t seem to have problem with masks.

My OS is Windows 10 (version 2004)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. guide layers & audio -

if an audio layer is set as a guide layer, it shouldn't render the sound of that layer - (we use click tracks a lot)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't select ColorProfile from importet ProRes Files

In the newest AfterEffects Version (17.1.2) you cannot change the ColorProfile of an imported ProRes4444 File, resulting in a unwanted color shift. ( I am using ProRes4444 Renderings as Prerender-Files and always changed the Profile from Rec709 to sRGB) I am in general working in a linearized sRGB worflow.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Expression replaces special characters with basic alphabet for layer.source.name

Hi, I have a bug to report.

If I import a file with special characters the expression engine interprets the basic characters when using layer.source.name (eg. ö and ç become o and c).

Similarly, if the layer name is edited (eg. to remove the file extension) the string is still sanitised in this way when using layer.name.

My workaround is to copy the layer name to a text editor and paste it back. It appears the same in the UI, with the special characters, but now the expression engine reads it correctly too.

Thanks,
    LY

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. pen tool switches to add vertex tool automatically when making a mask

pen tool suddenly seems broken and this only happens when making a mask path;

at the first click a vertex is created, at the second click a new vertex with created on the very same vertex that is made from the first click no matter where i click on. At the third click, another vertex is created on the very same point where the first and the second vertex is created and now the path is visible and it appears to be closed at the same time. But it is detected to be a non-closed path when i try and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In the Project panel, Alphabetical order is broken when adding letters after numbers

In the Project panel, Alphabetical order is broken when adding letters after numbers. Attached image to show the issue

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to see the sky replacement that is in Photoshop implemented into after effects.

I would like to see the sky replacement feature that is in Photoshop implemented into after affects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Text color is not applied correctly

I created a block of text using the font Menlo Bold. I am experimenting with using special shape characters, so my text block looks like this:

♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎
    ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎
    ♣︎♣︎♣︎♣︎♣︎♣︎♣︎♣︎♣︎♣︎♣︎♣︎♣︎♣︎♣︎
    ♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎

I want each row to be a different color. When I select the row of diamonds and apply a color, the first two rows are colored. When I select the third row, the last character in the 4th row is colored. Something has gone horribly wrong.

If I use regular characters like ABCD, this doesn't happen. If I insert a letter character at the beginning of a line, the coloring…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Balance Ragged Lines paragraph composition algorithm from InDesign

When creating paragraph text that wraps, the Every-line text composition engine will still allow orphans. InDesign has a "Balance Ragged Lines" checkbox that allows for much better blocks of text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Collapse transformations 3D is imprecise and unreliable.

I frequently work with projects that have 3d comps within 3d comps where I use Collapse Transformations to have everything within one 3D space, and at a certain point (not a ridiculous amount of layers in my opinion, current project is maybe 9 comps with 40 layers each, a couple of which are further 3d comps), the draw order and visibility of layers will be totally off and pop in and out from frame to frame. I don't have any 2D or adjustment layers in the stack that can cause this, and also no effects. It feels very buggy, imprecise…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. too much rotation

I have not set any settings
    I'm just using the Korean version
    And where are we sending the bug reports?
    Help me, Adobe. ;>

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disabling Time Remapping should remove expressions applied to the property

If you have an expression applied to Time Remapping (eg. loopOut), and you disable Time Remapping, you can get an expression error which is unresolvable since the property no longer exists. If we're removing the property itself, it makes more sense to a user to also remove any expressions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. By accepting variable weighted fonts...i.e. Source Sans Variable

As it stands now...AE does not recognize the font 'Source Sans Variable'. Would like for AE to be able to accept these types of fonts and utilize them in the program. Illustrator recognizes these fonts. I understand that I can do a text outline but if I have to change a word then I have to go back to illustrator and re-type the font and save it back out and re-import it. It would be better to be able to type the word in the variable font (ie Source Sans Variable).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve Eyedropper in 32bit Linear Workspace

Picking colors using the eyedropper is problematic when in a 32 bit Project. If you pick a color from a non 32bit source then the color is always different. The color is converted through the linear process but when you pick you are using the eyedropper by eye and that it shouldn't go through that process. The same goes for working with shape fill and outline colors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 기능 개선 요청

프로젝트의 오디오 하드웨어 설정이 자꾸 멈춘다.
    즉, 미리보기 실행시 멈춰버리며, 이를 해결하기 위해 오디오 하드웨어를 매번 다시 설정하고 있다.
    작업중에 가장 많이 사용하는것이 audio hardware 이다.
    이것은 개선된 아이디어의 제안이 아니라, 문제해결을 요청하는 것이다.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Multiple objects in same layer - reusing a layer

As the number of layers grow and the timeline grows too, it gets difficult to mange the real estate of the timeline. It would be great to reuse a layer for another object in the same layer to save space and ergonomics. For instance even for repeated animations we need to create as many layers. Thereby growing the timeline vertically as well as horizontally. Thus it become unmanageable after it gets pretty big.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Item and AVItem should exist as real classes in ExtendScript

ExtendScript documentation says that CompItem and FootageItem are subclasses of AVItem (and AVItem, in turn, is a subclass of Item). The problem is neither Item nor AVItem are actually defined in ExtendScript. Running item instanceof AVItem throws an error because AVItem is undefined!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Track Multiple Points at once.

Tracking Multiple Points at Once would be an awesome Feature, Like how a camera track can track multiple points at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can we Have a Feature that Makes 2D Nulls from Camera Track, Instead of Just 3D Nulls

Can we Have a Feature that Makes 2D Nulls from Camera Track, Instead of Just 3D Nulls

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base