After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to define and use alpha values for colours

It would be really nice to be able to set the alpha value in colour pickers! When using expressions, AE already has the value there as the array for colours is [R, G, B, A], but changing the alpha value doesn't actually do anything to the produced colour.

I know that opacity is already a property, but it could be useful to be able to control opacity through the colour value in addition. For instance, if making a null solid, the colour could be set to [1,1,1,0] from the colour menu and not require the opacity property to be set…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Better edit Source Text

When choose 'Edit value' in the contextual menu of Source Text, we can edit the text on the Canvas. This is not always the most convenient way to edit text. I remember in earlier versions, the text could be edited in a separate popup window. This comes in handy when the text is hidden, or Offset or blurred or whatever.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve Tutorials Guidance

I'm watching the After Effect beginner tutorials (specifically: Create 3D Type with Cinema 4D Renderer) and the narrator is very quickly navigating through the different steps of add shape layers etc but without any explanation ahead of time of why he is doing so. Rather, it is left to the viewer to discern after the effect (pun intended) as to what the function the various layers are.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug Report - Broken text animator on 3d-text layers

Text gets cut off along the top of the text box boundary when animating in from the Y-Axis -- only when the text layer is 3D. Seems to be a new bug with the latest AE update. Would appreciate it if you guys could check that out. Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AE and AN should have smooth zoom on stage (Ctrl+Spacebar+Mouseclic) like PS and AI. That is a basic but powerfull thing.

AE and AN should have smooth zoom on stage (Ctrl+Spacebar+Mouseclic) like PS and AI. That is a basic but powerfull thing.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove 3 hours max video length limit

I need to import and process an 5,5 hours long video, but AE only handles videos with max length of 3 hours. Please extend the max limit to at least 6 hours.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AE and AN should have smooth zoom on stage (Ctrl+Spacebar+Mouseclic) like PS and AI. That is a basic but powerfull thing.

AE and AN should have smooth zoom on stage (Ctrl+Spacebar+Mouseclic) like PS and AI. That is a basic but powerfull thing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. CC 2018: find missing footage doesn't do anything

what is this good for????????????

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Libraries search

I post it here because most of the time I work in AE, but of course this concerns whole CC. Since we work with very large own libraries for logo's and stuff, it would be a great help to have a search engine for all the libraries instead of the 'search Adobe Stock' alone...

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 项目面板内容满了之后鼠标无处可点

项目面板 导入很多文件之后 必须要把鼠标拖到最底下 然后把project 面板 拖大一点鼠标才能点到空白区域

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I cannot have AE 15.0 installed in parallel with 15.1 (new codec - breaks 200 projects for me) and so I have to leave the platform?!?!

I cannot have AE 15.0 installed in parallel with 15.1 (new codec - breaks 200 projects for me) and so I have to leave the platform?!?! Adobe must at least give us a door to open our old AE projects intact with a possibility to do a parallel install of a dot release! As it is now I cannot update and that SUCKS BIGTIME!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keyframe stopwatch on ALL properties

its 2018, why the discrimination? I believe all properties matter, let us keyframe them how we please. #allpropertiesmatter The new AE even has the property pick whips next to them, but they do nothing.

I'm really just trying to keyframe the shape of the range selector in text animators.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keyboard shortcut for adding a Position Keyframe also adds one to the Master Properties of a subcomp

When I do Shift-Alt-P on Windows, it adds a keyframe for both position AND a position Master Property. Seems more like a bug, as adding a keyframe for both seems like a rarer use case than just adding a position keyframe.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. AVI Files are NOT interlaced !!

Its not the first time you have this problem. Since my last update, ALL my .AVI files are NOT interlaced! Big big problems.

Thks.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create folder containing selected items in Project panel

When selecting multiple files in the Project panel and pressing 'Create New Folder' a new folder should be created with all the selected files inside. Instead of then having to manually move all files in.
    Perhaps this could be done by holding down a key and pressing Create a new folder, maybe CMD and click?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base