After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: AE cc2020 - Wrong levels with ProRes files if project is set to 32 bits/channel

ProRes and ProRes(HQ) files are too dark in AE if the project Color Depth is set to '32 bits per channel (float)'. ProRes 4444 and h264 files are read fine. All works fine with a color depth of either 8 or 16 bit. All color depths work fine in cc2019.

AE Version: 17.0.2
    OSX Version: 10.14.6

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rotobrush 2 isnt working with Precomposed Layers.

Rotobrush 2 isnt working with Precomposed Layers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG rectangle tool

Every time I want to use the rectangle tool, After Effects Auto-Saves and crashes.

This also happens when using the shortcut Q.

(I'm using AE 17.5.0 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug. We’ve received similar reports via the Adobe Crash Reporter (thanks to everyone who sent those in) and have checked in a fix in After Effects Beta.

Please download the latest build of After Effects Beta from the Creative Cloud app and let us know whether the problem is fixed.

Note: the fixed bug occurs only when the Footage panel is open and docked next to the Composition panel. If that’s not the case, please post back with a screenshot and/or screen recording of the problem so we can investigate further.

4. separate X and Y scale dimensions option

I separate the X and Y position on layers A LOT, and I often need to do it for the scale of a layer and it's a huge PITA that I can't just right click and separate the dimensions for scale like I can for position

please add this--thanks

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug report - depth of field and layer order

I'm reporting a bug with depth of field and 3D layers.

When the layer that is behind in z space is below the layer that is forward in z space, the blur layer order is wrong. This exists in AE 2019 and 2020

Please see attached file for examples

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. start work with the other software like AVID\Davinchi

there is really big issue to open AAF file to after effect in mac???

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How can we improve After Effects? By listening and responding to your users!

At this point we haven't heard from your team in over a year. Not a single idea or suggestion has been acknowledged or marked for consideration in that time. Even requests that have been fulfilled have not been marked complete. Meanwhile on the Premiere uservoice page or pretty much EVERY OTHER MAJOR APP there are constant updates. Go look and compare! The lack of communication at this point is borderline disrespectful, how can you maintain this apathy towards your paying customers?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add text to shapelayer

Adding Text to a shapelayer via the little triangle button would be amazing.

When for example creating a button i need 2 layers. the shapelayer itself for the button and a textlayer. But when having an dropdownItem in the shapelayer, like the PATH or the RECTANGLE and so on, but with TEXT this would be so helpful!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. playback (0 and space) stops working

It's been a while since the last version for me that the num key 0 or space won't work until I close after-effects and open it again.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. External links - export

Please correct collaboration between After Effect and Media Encoder when using external links. I use a plugin that imports data from external files and the texts do not update during the export.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. have auto save save more frequently

editing takes a long time. when the program crashes, all progress is lost unless previously autosaved or saved. with more frequent autosave, less progress will be lost if the program crashes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. disable automatic font activation

I need to be able to disable the Adobe TypeKit font activation. I need to be able to enable my own copy or client-supplied fonts, and I don't want to risk any slight change in the font display with the current Adobe version. I don't always have every font turned on. I want a warning when a font isn't available, but allow me to decide if I want to use your version or my own if I have it. I don't want the automatic activation.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Convert to Audio Key Frames is counter-intuitive and confusing

I don't understand what adobe did but current Convert audio to key frames is bizarre. When you select an audio layer you have an option to create to keyframes. However this creates a full set of keyframes on a composition level and not layer level, including all audio sources from that composition. Now this is not right, why then there is an option to have keyframes on one layer , but it creates an ampitude including all active audio layers? Its just counterintuitive and confusing. I would understand this behavior if it was a global effect, but its a layer…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug - When master property is linked to json data by expression, it does not render properly with aerender

When a master properties value is linked to a json data file in the comp and the comp is rendered with aerender, the value of the master property in the rendered file is reverted to it's unaltered value, ie. does not reflect the value of the data

This does work correctly when rendering normally, only seems to be when rendering with aerender

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Real planar tracker GPU and AI based

New reliable planar tracker GPU accelerated and AI based, able to track AE masks or match move layers and corner pins

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add some simple 3D object

With 3d gizmo, hope to see some 3D simple object as Cube, Sphere into new AE, thank guys

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. New way to think about After Effects

I think of After Effects as a platform and not a product. It has a nice baseline of features and capabilities, but it's a shell for developers to build it into something for them. It has a plethora of plugins and extensions. And using the language of the web, Javascript, make scripting much more accessible than other packages.

Thinking of AE as a platform means the focus would be on creating a solid, stable, performant foundation. Maybe even creating more powerful development and scripting tools.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tell users they're also installing Maxon Cinema 4D

Let me know that AE will install Maxon Cinema 4D. I saw it installed, and had no idea why: had to Google the answer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base