After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MXF

I'm baffled that MXF options have been removed from AE... And I don't want to hear about sending it to AME... That's a lame alternative since it takes significantly longer to render. Please, add these back.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. EPS Antialiasing Preferences

I build most of the graphics for my animations in AI, then import into AE. A lot of the graphics I create are complex and/or rely on gradients. Once they're in AE they look low res and choppy.

Currently, the only solution is to select each individual layer in the Project Panel, click "Interpret Footage," select more options, eps options, antialiasing, then "More Accurate." Not the end of the world, but annoying.

I'd like to request an option to make this easier and quicker to do en masse. Preferably an option within the preferences panel referring to EPS antialiasing. Or…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Extend marker duration backwards

Currently, you can extend a marker's duration forward in time by holding Alt/Option and dragging. I would like to add the ability to extend marker duration backwards so the in point would automatically become the end point, thus allowing you to extend the in point toward the beginning of the timeline.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please support this formats in after effects

please after effects native support for the follow file formaty

OGG, FLAC,MVK, MKA, ACC. HE-ACC, OPUS, VORBIS, mp3HD, theora, ape, apl, HAP, aPNG, HEVC, H264

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make common tasks faster/ easier like the Motion v2 plugin does

I know this is a rather open request, but I highly recommend someone on the AE dev team checks this out and tries to update AE to be easier and quicker to use expressions, null, track matte/ mask, organize/ rename layers, etc.

https://www.mtmograph.com/motion/

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add metadata back in to project files

After Effects used to add in a "CreatorTool" to the xmp metadata in the project file (eg. "<xmp:CreatorTool>Adobe After Effects CC 2018 (Windows)</xmp:CreatorTool>").

This is really useful for finding out the version of AE the project was created in, so the correct version can be opened (especially when coding). This also displayed data in Adobe Bridge that's now missing.

Any reason why this was removed in CC 2019? Can we have it back?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Import Illustrator Brushes

Since the brush/paint tool uses vector brush shapes, we should be able to import illustrator brushes and use them within After Effects.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Display Acceleration Disabled

Can you fix this issue? I recently updated to the latest CC and now I can no longer see my RAM Previews which is a major issue for my workflow!

I run a MAC that is already fully upgraded so thats not really an option for me.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Spell check..?

It'd be really nice to have a spell check built into text layers in AE. UI could be as simple as having a warning symbol pop up next to the text layer in the timeline, so you know which layer contains an error. Just had to correct a small typo that managed to get past myself, QA, producers, AND the client until just now. Spell check would be really useful in preventing human error (and embarrassment...)

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug with several layers with mask or shape

When I do several layer with mask, or serverals shapes layer :

The paths of the different layers hide each other

The presence of two layers causes displacements of the paths

I did the last updates.
    Ae works on windows 10

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More/Better Interpolation functions for expressions

With the new Master Properties feature I'm finding myself diving into expressions a lot more.

My only gripe at the moment is that in order to build a smoother animation, you need easing. In order to make keyframed objects customizable (different start and end values), you need to define the values through expressions.

Currently, we only have linear(), ease(), easeIn(), easeOut() for interpolation. Unfortunately none of these look very good, as the difference between ease() and linear() is almost negligible.

Currently I'm running into strange errors defining new functions in master properties (a bug report coming soon), and I'm thinking…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. live collaborative editing

compositions are shareable and can be edited by more than one person at the same time, like a google doc

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keyframe-able Layer Controls

I know it probably presents a whole host of problems, but it'd be nice if we could keyframe layer controls. It would also be nice if effects that reference layers could be keyframed so that you can link them to a layer control.

If you're using multiple layers with the same Set Matte setup, for example, it'd be great if we could change them all with one layer expression control. But since they can't be keyframed they can't have expressions either. This makes the Layer Control much less useful than it could otherwise be.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mask path free transform in perspective & skew

When selecting mask shape or points, please allow distorting the selection in skew and perspective - like in Photoshop. Would help a lot when rotoscoping masks.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Save to older versions without having to have the older versions

There's not reason we should only be able to save an AE project to one version lower than the one we created the project in. Please implement a way to save to lower versions, down to CS6, without having to have every version in between installed on your computer.

Some of us make templates, or need to send projects to clients that don't have the most recent version. I don't want to fill up my hard drive and waste time opening and saving in every version possible, when it should be inherent in the most current version of After Effects.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG REPORT: Random Single Black Frame in Video

BUG REPORT: I have noticed this with a number of various videos I've worked on in the past couple months over a variety of Adobe AE versions. (Currently 15.1.0).

I will be playing back a comp I've been working on and notice that a random frame in the middle of the source video is 100% black. This is only viewable in AE. When viewing the original source video in Quicktime or VLC, it does not show the black frame. If I view the composition in AE it will show the black fame and even when I view the source video…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Super annoying bug - missing layers in timeline

Experiencing a particularly annoying bug; timeline shows only 43 out of about 260 layers. Yet preview will scrub and playback full project. So I can watch the full project, I just can't access or see most of the layers.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report, and for including the project.

I do reproduce a problem when I open this project on my computer. After layer 964, the layer bars (the bars representing the time span of the layer) do not draw. If I delete or shy some of the layers, the missing layers will draw.

This appears to be a bug with After Effects drawing that many layers at once. I have forwarded this bug to our developers for evaluation.

In the meantime, I would recommend any or all of following to work around this problem:
    - Shy the layers that you are not currently working on.
    - Pre-compose groups of layers to simplify the composition, or:
    - Otherwise re-organize this composition by breaking it into smaller compositions with fewer layers.

The above steps will help not only with working around this bug, but will make the composition…

19. AE Keylight

AE CC2018 Keylight crashes constantly in 4k footage, I tried it with 5 different computers and it's the same all the time.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. UI Fontsize scalable

I'm getting older, Screens get higher relosutions, font size in AE stays the same. Very tiny.
    That's not good.
    Please add the feature to scale the font-size. In the best case for every window seperately.

cheers
    Sebastian

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base