After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. NVIDIA Optix File Outdated [2014]! No RayTracer support for GTX 8,9,10 Series Cards & More. UPDATE optix.1.dll

The Nvidia Optix File needed for RayTracer engine support is outdated. This forces users with GTX 8,9,10 Series cards to update this file manually inside of the After Effects root install folder.

If you do not update this file manually, RayTracer in AE will be BROKEN and unusable for GTX 10 series card users. The file should be updated anyway.

With the latest version of AE, why are you still packing version 3.6.2.0??

The latest version, as of me writing this post, is from May 2018.

raytracersupportedcards.txt needs to be updated as well. That file doesn't even have…

14 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dropdown Scroll

It would be amazing to be able to scroll through plug in drop down presets.

you know how you can Shift +/- to scroll thru layer blend modes? It be great to be able to do something like that on dropdown menus instead of just clicking and selecting (it sucks when there is a lot of choices and you have to click hold and hover over move arrow).

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Importing jpg tints picture green

When I import JPG pictures from my client to after effects, the grading turns a slight green. (very noticable). If i export the pictures as PNG before importing the picture is fine.

masOS Mojave 10.14.5
    AE 16.1.1 build 4

I can't show you the full picture due to NDA but this is the skin tone difference from JPG to PNG screencaptured from AE

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG - footage from Premiere CC2018 with Lumetri applied in PP results in AE scaling the footage wrongly

CC2018 - Working with 1080 footage, in a 720 timeline, if Lumetri is applied in PP, when the timeline is copied into AE as a composition, all clips with Lumetri are incorrectly scaled. Sliding the scale setting temporarily kicks the scale back into place, but any other action reverts the scale back to the incorrect version. It says '100%', when it may be at 67%. Removing Lumetri from the clip resolves the problem. My machine can not use PP CC2019, due to an older CPU, so updating to the latest version is not an option. Can this be fixed, as…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. motion blur and continuously rasterize - Bug

On After Effects CC 2019: When I hit the motion blur button and the continuously rasterize button on a composition, After Effects crashes down or the composition get double and changes its place.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information to be able to investigate this problem.

Can you post a project that experiences this problem? And/or a screen recording of the problem in action.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

6. Back in 2004, Guide Layers were a great addition to AE. Let's do that again.

On each layer, maybe within the transform and compositing options, I'd love three checkboxes.
    All checked, like we see below — the default — would simply mean "completely normal layer."

Layer Visible During:
    [√] Work
    [√] Preview
    [√] Render

Meanwhile, to accomplish what we'd currently expect from a Guide Layer, we uncheck 'Render':

Layer Visible During:
    [√] Work
    [√] Preview
    [_] Render

Easy peasy — plus — look what else we can do with this setup:

This will keep any layers of subtype 'crunchy-and-unnecessary-until-playback' out of your face:

Layer Visible During:
    [_] Work
    [√] Preview
    [√] Render

This keeps layers…

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search for Comps where Effects are being used.

I would like to type something like effect:Particular or e:Particular into the Project panel search and have it display all the comps where that effect is used.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When we double click on Audio file in the Project Panel or in the Timeline, it would be great to have wave form in the Footage Panel?

When we double click on Audio file in the Project Panel or in the Timeline, it would be great to have a waveform in the Footage Panel?

Currently, nothing appears (See the attachment)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix audio playback using period (.) key

When using the period (.) key on the numpad to play audio only, it doesn't play the audio from the start but cuts off the first second or so. This has been a bug for a while now and I'm surprised it's still in there and noone reported it before.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information in order to investigate this problem.

- What version of After Effects are you using? From the About After Effects screen, ex. After Effects 16.0
    - What OS and version are you using? ex., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14
    - What type of audio files are you using in your composition?

10. Possible concatenation bug?

In After Effects, effect("Slider Control")(1).value + "string" can be used to join the number of a slider with a string.

Another way to do this is effect("Slider Control")(1).toString() + "string". Here, effect("Slider Control")(1).toString() returns the slider's value as a string.

However, effect("Slider Control")(1) + "string" always outputs an error.

How is this possible?

effect("Slider Control")(1).toString() clearly returns the slider's value as a string.

How come toString() is not run automatically when effect("Slider Control")(1) is concatenated with "string"?

According to the JavaScript Definitive Guide (https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/javascript-the-definitive/0596101996/re146.html):

"The JavaScript system invokes the toString( ) method to convert an object to a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tappered Stroke paths

Would be good to have tapered path strokes.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Preview Does Not Work

I'm having an issue where previewing simply does not work. Sometimes frames will turn green as it plays though, sometimes only one frame will show green at at time. Even if it appears that it's rendering and all keyframes turn green, once it gets to the end of the work area, the green bar disappears completely and it does not play back. I've tried restarting my computer, importing my project into a new file, purging the caches, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 16.1 update rendering bug : 1000% speedup on rendered output

idea? NO. this is a bug report.
    a SHOW STOPPER BUG.

renders are now outputting at 1000% percent of the speed of the comps.

for example: a 5 minute output now comes in around 5 seconds.

PULL 16.1 TILL YOU GET THIS FIXED

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this bug report.

Can you share a project file that demonstrates the problem? Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

Also, what OS and version are you using? (ex., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14.3) What is your hardware configuration?

This is the first report we’ve heard of this problem, so we need to understand your project and configuration in order to investigate.

14. Comp Start frame to match data Start Frame on new composition creation

Not all data starts at 1 or 0. You can currently manually alter the Comp Start Frame to match your data in comp settings - which is fine but manual.

It would be even better if when creating your a New Comp from your data it would adopt it's start frame automatically.

For example I have a tiff sequence in my project bin (starting at frame 86400) that I drag the sequence to the 'create new comp' icon bottom of screen to make a new comp. When it appears as a timeline the start frame will have been altered to…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Renaming things updates them in expressions, unless there is a Try/Catch expression involved

I have an expression that links to another layer. When you update a Layer name or Property name, then that name is updated in all the expressions that use that name (Extendscript calls this autoFixExpressions).

However, if an expression contains a Try/Catch statement, then no matter what, the names won't update in the expression (almost like AutoFixExpressions doesn't work if the expression contains a try/catch).

I'm not sure how I haven't encountered this before, as try/catches are useful just incase links are broken or are missing. I've posted this to Reddit, asking if this is a bug or a 'just…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a unique identifier to properties (and layers) accessible via the scripting API

When scripting, we sometimes have to be able to "store" a property to do something later with it ;
    For example, very often, scripts use the "comment" property of the layers to store data like this.

The problem is: there are only three ways to get a property:
    - the matchName, but there can be a lot of properties with the same matchName
    - the name, but it can be changed by users, so it is not reliable
    - the index, which can be changed by users too.

This is very problematic, especially for Effects, or Shapes content, and the…

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow default sequence frame rate for imported footage to be set on project basis

I frequently jump back and forth between projects that need sequences to be imported at 30 and 24, it would save alot of time to be able to set a default framerate for imported image sequences on a per project basis. That way when I am switching projects it will default to importing at the correct framerate, rather than either having to change my preferences each time or manually change interpretation on each imported sequence. Frame rates change on a project by project basis, and our default settings for frame rates should do the same.

This could also help prevent…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dear team pls develop Android app for after effects

Dear team
    pls develop Android app for after effects
    Best response your application
    Kindly do the needful
    Awaiting your reply
    From
    India Tushar Adsule

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. AE 2019 master properties (with keyframes) causes random glitch

I have builded a template project with the AE 2018 that involves expressions and master properties to animate the properties of the multiple templates in the same comp. It works fine in the 2018.
    When I've imported it in the the AE 2019 it start to glitch and doesn't recognise some keyframe in random way, purge the cash works just temporarily, I have also tried to collapse the properties, but does't work.
    I have had to downgrade the project and to the 2018, but all the comps reset to the default I have to re keyframe all the master properties…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to be able to tailor the adjustment layer to a specific layer

I want to be able to apply the adjustment layer only to a specific layer.

I do not want to apply to all the layers below

特定のレイヤーにだけ調整レイヤーの効果を適用させたい。現状だと調整レイヤー下の全てに影響が出てしまう。

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base