After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Go to layer in-point and out-point (shortcuts I and O on layers panel) on AE 2020 not working.

Updated to Ae CC 2020 and going to the beginning or end of a layer isn't possible because the shortcuts (keys I or O) are not working.

13 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In Progress  ·  14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Split this forum into BUG REPORTS & FEATURE REQUEST sections

Why is this site combining Feature requests AND bugreports together.
    I can't even filter Requests from bugreports.

At least a filter would be nice to have!

Thank you

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. align 3D layers

Align 3D layers. Distribute them, etc. That's it really.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Revival of direct export of mp4 container h.2648(mp4コンテナh.264の直接書き出しの復活)

Please restore the mp4 (h.264 format) direct export feature that was possible in previous versions.

It is possible to send to and export from AME even under current conditions.I feel inconvenient because I can not give out what I was able to release freely.

In the current version with Ae's render queue function, it is easy for users to be able to export directly.

以前のバージョンで可能だったmp4(h.264形式)の直接書き出し機能を戻してほしい。

現状でもAMEに送り書き出すことは可能ですが、気軽に出せていたものが出せなくなり不便に感じます。Aeのレンダーキュー機能がある現行バージョンでは直接書き出しができる事がユーザーにとっては手軽です。

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Expose all internal After Effects commands to scripting

It's possible to find many of AE's command IDs by running the following ES function and filling in whatever menu command you're after:

app.findMenuCommandId("Go To Keyframe Time");

But many other commands that aren't strictly "menu" commands seem inaccessible / hidden. For example, it seems impossible to find the commands for shifting keyframes left or right (represented in the hotkey editor by entries like "NudgeKeyframesEarlier" or "Shift Selected Keyframes 1 Frame Earlier").

It'd be great if you could expose these secret commands to scripting, by giving them entries in the function above, giving them command IDs, and/or by building an event…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add a taper effect/option to 'Stroke' as well as Shape Layer strokes.

Please add a taper effect/option to 'Stroke' as well as Shape Layer strokes.

It's such a simple request that has been requested for over 8 years. The ability to taper a stroke of any kind. Either from the "Effects & Presets - Stroke" or a simple Shape Layer stroke.

165 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Onion Skin

You propably have people asking you that, but it would be just great to have a Onion Skin function at the Ae, so we could see some of the frames/keyframes before or even after. That could help a lot while doing some animation, effects and I think everything, couse you have a more wide view of what you are doing without needing a pre render

106 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Preview with alpha background

Hello,

In the After Effects composition settings, it is not possible to have an alpha background. Example in attachment.
    I would like to have this feature to launch a preview with alpha.
    An alpha preview, would play the alpha on a video device that works in compositing. Example in attachment.

thanks you for attention.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug? Wrong audio settings after importing Premiere project in 2020

Since Adobe 2020 there is a strange behaviour when importing a Premiere project in After Effects.

CC2019: I create a new project in PP, insert some video files into the timeline, and import it in After Effects. The single sequences in AE automatically get the effect "stereo mixer" with settings 100%/100%/-100%/100%. (1x for mono, 2x for stereo video)

CC2020: The same, but the Stereo Mixer has the settings 35,57%/35,57%/-100%/100% (even when importing PP2019 files), so the audio is way quieter than it should be.

Is this a bug? Or a feature? ;) Tested on 3 systems, Mac/Win.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Lock layers together in the timeline.

It'd be great if there was a way to lock layers together in the timeline. There is often, if one layer needs to be moved in time a bunch of others need to be moved. Being able to just click on one of the grouped layers in the time to move would be way faster.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Implement "System Layout" (as in Ai) in the Character's Panel

Using Adobe Fonts such as Source Han Sans seemed very tempting. But with Japanese, I've found that the self-contained space Japanese period and comma are supposed to have after them, disappears. Something similar happens with spaces which are way smaller than they should be.

Looking around I saw Adobe Illustration has an option named "System Layout" in the Character's Panel that by ticking it the issue gets automatically solved. It'd be great to implement this, and not only for Japanese but I'm sure it will be nice for Chinese and any other typeface with similar issues.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make a new start with innovative young people that have some visions for the future!

AE has missed every important innovation or trends in compositing of the last 10 years.

So, change the old team, make a new start and rework the hole core of the old lady! Its already five past twelve!

1) make it multicore (we will get 64 cores very soon!)
    2) design a competitive, GPU based 3D engine and workflow with the guys form C4D ... only for "simple" tasks (basic deform/modeling, projection mapping, 3D stereo, point cloud i/o(like VDBs), deep comp, raytrace lighting and shading...) but in real 3D and with all importand i/o options.
    3) Rework and open the…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add back rendering support for H264 codec directly out of AE

Around 2012 you removed the option for rendering a .mp4 file directly out of AE. Please add it back. The work around is to either render in a different codec and compress that in media encoder, or to launch the render directly from media encoder from AE (which is extremely slow and cumbersome, especially when you have large/complex project files). Not sure why removing functionality seemed like a good idea at the time...?

211 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Output image sequence counts from frame 0 even though the in and out point of the work area is further up ahead.

Bug probably ? Normally, when I render frame 300 till 600.Output files are named accordingly. Right now, in CC2020 it always counts the image sequence from frame 0, thus making partial renders overwrite files you don't want to.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow manual substitution of missing fonts at startup

A common problem I have is when a font is missing, and currently, on startup there is only the option to find it on Adobe or accept the default font. It would be so helpful if you could select a font in the list and manually choose one from your system fonts to use instead. Otherwise you are stuck with the default font through a potentially large project.

Another common example which happened this morning is that I have Futura Bold installed, but the project I've been sent says Futura Bold is missing (as the spelling is different) - if…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Actually address and fix user issues instead of ignoring them and adding new features...

Users are constantly bringing up the problems they experience with After Effects, yet instead of focusing on fixing the problems with the software, you go and add new features that a small subset of the user base actually uses...Then you build forums like this where we can post our issues only to have them continue to be ignored.

There are a ton of problems with after effects, and we (the user community) were told that the "cloud subscription" model would allow you to focus on fixing things instead of new features of a yearly release. Well, here we are 7…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Guide layer within Shape layers

There are times when I want to have guide layers within shape layers.

While you are upgrading shape layers (I'm just assuming you are, because it really is one of the most important systems in AE, and it hasn't received any love for a long time)
    How about a way to turn a group or element inside of shapes as a guide layer. so when you render it is not visible. It would be great to create on screen controls for rigs.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. AE CC 2019 keeps crashing

I didn't experience any immediate problems after updating to the new version, and I was actually excited about it. However, today the problems started. I was masking a layer, when all of a sudden AE crashed and I got this error on my screen "<140735526355840> <BEE_MiscTasks> <5> Set Artisan Task: Classic 3D". Tried googling but couldn't really find a solution for this specific problem. Running AE on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Mid-2015) with OS High Sierra 10.13.6. Now, when I try to open the project the app keeps freezing.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bulk rename layers

Example: You select 5 layers and hit "enter." One of the names highlights and you rename to "NewName" and hit enter again. All five layers get the new name and are already iterated.

NewName_1, NewName_2, etc.,

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base