After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Sensei to learn how to better use rotobrush and extract hair details

rotobrush is pretty slow on rendering, so I'd suggest to help it by building its shapes not from one frame, but creating like custom checkpoints defined buy user where he thinks the movement changes dramatically and he inavitably would draw some more brushes from there, so and meanwhile rotobush would merge its calculations inbetween those checkpoints...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fully customizible Light Wrap with ton's of settings

including inputting a texture, if needed!
    including Adobe Sensei to match to the background!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for 180° in VR Converter effect

I have 180° fisheye footage that I want to convert to Equirectangular. There is no 1:1 option, so I have to choose 2:1, then precompose and crop my comp to square.

Most of the acquired effects from Mettle expect you to be working in a 360° workflow, and it's not ideal for someone who works primarily in 180°

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pick Whip all parameters of an Effect in one go

There are a lot of occasions where the same effect is applied to several layers.
    Wouldn't it be great if all parameters of these effect instances could be linked together in one Pick Whip?
    Please add a Pick Whip symbol to the Root / name of the effect that, when used, connects all the effects' settings.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need folders (like in Photoshop)

Please. 2020 year today and you still did not create folders in layers. I don't need precomps often, but very need folders for easy and fast work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make an archive of the AE SDK forum available.

The old AE SDK forum contained hundreds of threads with valuable information that is not available in the AE SDK guide. Very many of those threads are no longer available at all, and the new interface is no longer navigable because it is not possible to limit searches to posts tagged with 'SDK' or in any other meaningful way. Moreover, questions about the SDK are simply not being answered any more, and there is no other support resource. I don't think I would have been able to get anywhere near where I am now without the help of the forum,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After Effects 2020 Much Much SLOWER

Was working with 2020 for 5 min.
    Out of the box in comparison seam to be slower on a comp of a resolution of 5400x1080, as compares to AE 2019.

Certainly twice(!!!!) slower from AE 2019 in reading JPG SEQ res:5400x1080.

Did not checked it further.

Both Apps synced with their preferences.
    Both of them have the Cache option disabled.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. set matte should have the option to fit composition or layer

actually it fits the layer size and stretch the Matte layer.
    So if we use a layer with a different ratio in the composition it not useful.

With this option, it would have the ability to ignore transformation like rotation size and position... so the Set Matte would work as a Track Matte Layer and we could animate behind it.

It would safe a lot of layer count and space.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Native ST-Map Support

After Effects needs native ST-Map support to handle a myriad of compositing functions, but I need it to handle the Distortion & Undistortion ST-Maps from 3D Tracking & match-moving software like PF Track. This is a standardized work flow in Nuke and is seriously lacking in AE. I know that there are 3rd party plug ins for this, but this is a compositing program and should be built in.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Parenting Masks to Null objects to inherit position data.

The reshape tool would become way more helpful with digital beauty work if AE had a way to parent Masks to a Null object that received tracking data from Mocha.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Exponential glow with shoulder

ExpoGlow

Would love to see the glow plug-in get an overhaul. I assume this is in the top 10 most used effects (it sure is for me) and there is plenty of room for improvement!

First feature would be to add an "exponential" checkbox with a gamma slider. This would of course make the glow fall off with an inverse square ratio - but with the addition of the gamma slider it could be user controllable. It is important that this effect is 32bpc "under the hood" so that we get accurate highlights - even in an 8bpc and 16bpc…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. REPETILE — add Time delay offset option for repetitions

Add function to Repetile effect for temporal offset from the original source tile by a unique or constant time interval among the tiled instances.

This can make more interesting patterns easier than a manual approach.

The result would be sort of like tiled video feedback.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Label points in masks

Like in NUKE, the option to label points and ripple edit in masks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Resetting previous composition settings to default.

Composition settings panel always retains the "previous settings". This should be a configurable property if User doesn't like this option.

There should be a way to reset them back to Default from extendscript.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use aerial images to help 3D tracking

When tracking drone aerial footage, it would be helpful if you could use an aerial image to help the 3D tracker. My thoughts about how this would work would be to add the 3D tracker to footage and load an aerial image of the location being tracked. As the tracker is analyzing the footage you indicate in the footage where points exist on the aerial image. This could help with tricky to track footage, specifically if you’re dealing with pans, as it could help the tracker understand how the scene is rotating and moving.

The attached image is from some…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BUG: Masking a Lumetri adjustment layer transforms the underlying footage...

weird mask bug here.

I have footage. I put an adjustment layer above it. I put Lumetri in it. I go and draw a mask to make the adjustment just inside that mask.... the normal relighting routine.

Usually this would work flawlessly. But today when I tried it it results in the underlying image data being masked, yes. But the footage is also squeezed into that area.

With other effects, like Curves. It works as expected. But with the lumetri effect it squishes the footage like a canadian comedian squishes heads... See attached image

I guess I can't mask adjustments…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 32bpc and screen layer mode

In 32bpc mode, if footages had got HDR(1.0+ or 0.0-) pixels, screen layer mode doesn't work properly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug Report: Resizing the composition causes the 3D layer to shift.

If you resize the composition using the "Crop Comp to Region of Interest" feature in version 17.5.1, there will be a difference in the display between 2D and 3D layers with the same X and Y numbers.
    It didn't happen in versions prior to 17.1.4.

The following reproduction procedure
    1, Creating a composition
    2, Create a new layer
    3, Resize the composition using "Crop Comp to Region of Interest"
    4, Check the 3D layer.

Other than "Crop Comp to Region of Interest", the same phenomenon occurs when resizing with "Composition Settings / Advanced / Anchor" selected other than the center. …

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Gaussain Blur in 32bit mode bug

Gaussian Blur does not work properly in 32 bits mode.
    Whenever I blur a 32bit layer, overbright objects get a dark halo as in darker than surrounding background. After measuring, these halos actually have negative color values!!! Fast Blur does not have this problem, please fix it fast :/

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Rebuild blending modes to behave in 32 bit the same as they would in 16 bit

Blending modes (especially screen & add) are completely unpredictable in 32 bit space. They're essentially useless now. Build a system (or a new blending mode) that allows screen and add to behave the like they do in 16 bit

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base