After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. tangent

Implement tangent (ripple) color grading tool in after effects for lumetricolor and sync with previsously made color in premiere

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make SET MATTE work as it should

SET MATTE should work like TRACK MATTES.
    when using a shapelayer as the matte then the effect works fine,
    but not with other footage.

AND NO.... i don't want to precompose every single s***.....
    Make a Checkbox in the effect: work like TRACKMATTE.....done

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Erode" effect to replace "Simple Choker"

It would be very nice to re-write the "Simple Choker" effect to perform more closely to the Nuke "Erode" node. Specifically the precision is much higher and the results more reliable. When using "Simple Choker" any feathering is lost and the matte becomes hard, it seems to exponentially get less effective the wider you go, and it does not keep the original shape of your mask very well (there seems to be a blurring effect which rounds out edges). On the other hand the Nuke "Erode" node works in pixels and no precision is lost in terms of your mask…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3D camera track + Object track

With new tools like FastMask, there is very impressive scene analysis going on. Could future updates to the built in AE camera tracker include separate data for moving object tracking as well? So after running camera tracker you get a tracked camera, as well as options to create tracked nulls from moving object/people in the scene?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. adjustment layer depth limit

It would be nice to have a value slider to choose how many layers down an adjustment layer is allowed to affect. Sometimes I want them to affect everything below it, but there are many times that I only want them to affect a few layers without going all the way down the layer stack.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Accepts Shadows Only for C4d Renderer

If a composition is using the C4d renderer to take advantage of the geometry options, there's no way to create a layer that only accepts shadows (it says that option is disabled). Without a shadow catcher layer, further compositing becomes very difficult. Please make this option work correctly.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. morph cut in After Effects

morph cut in After Effects

After Effects is a VFX software which should have a complex version of the classic morph cut of Premiere Pro, for creating complex morphing effects.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Could Ae have it's own exponential glow?

So you don't have to recreate it each time buy duplicating and connecting controls, should be easy to machine learn it - on how people tend to use such effects and implement clever controls (look at how plugin Saber from video copilot deals with glow - that's terrific!)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Update native particles Particle Playground

Particle Playground to GPU and 32bps

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More love for 360/VR in After Effects

since 2018, Ae has not been updated in relation to VR/360 workflows. Ae has limited VR effects and the VR Comp Editor workflow which is also very limited and delicate script and expression heavy process.

Ae should have a spherical camera, mono and stereo. this would obsolete the stiching workflow of VR Comp Editor and it's limitations. 3d plugins like trapcode or stardust are very breakable, also all the 2d effects won't work properly without the use of 3rd party tools and even then it's very limited.

these new technologies should not be left behind, there are great things motion…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Proxy Effects or adding "render only" option to heavy intense effects

Some effects like camera lens blur are computationally expensive. It would be great to be able to have a proxy effects such as Gaussian blur during previews, but at render time turn off Gaussian blur and turn on camera lens blur. Or perhaps have a setting that only turns it on at render time. I imagine it could be a drop down that says "off until render." I know I can turn off all effects on a layer or composition, but then I have to remember to turn them on before rendering.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Its 2019 about time we had a native edge blur tool.

Need a native edge blur tool similar or better to the key correct suite by RG.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. masks don't live update while effects are applied

When you're animating a mask on a layer that has effects applied, the mask doesn't update live. You have to purge the memory or disable all the effects on the mask in order to be able to see the updated layer.
    We need to see the mask updated even with effects applied.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add ability to copy/paste equivalent effect properties from Premiere clips directly into After Effects layers

An example is Lumetri Color. It would be great to be able to simply copy (ctrl+c) that effect's properties in Premiere, then paste (ctrl+v) onto a layer in After Effects, so I don't need to manually re-enter all of the properties, particularly the color wheels.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Duplicate frame remover

A tool that can detect duplicate frames in a clip and delete one of them many times over.

This becomes super useful in cases where the shutter speed was wrongly set or the variable frame rate of a cellphone camera causes duplicate frames in a clip. Instead of having to scroll frame by frame manually and deleting duplicate frames, a tool that can do this automatically would be super SIMPLE and POWERFUL.

THanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Dehaze Effect

Not sure why there isn't a Dehaze effect in After Effects or Premiere Pro - it's in Lightroom and Elements.

Makes ZERO sense.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: Lumetri Colour

When I put Lumetri Colour directly on footage it starts to glitch and with every playback in a different way. The problem is that when exporting it also has the glitches and with every export of the same video and the same lumetri settings the glitches are different.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information to understand what is happening. Can you please share:
    - Screenshots of the problem.
    - A project file and/or rendered result that demonstrates the issue.
    - Information about the computer you are using, including OS and video card details.

Also, is GPU acceleration enabled? Open Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects. If this is set to Mercury GPU Acceleration, try setting it to Mercury Software Only. Or vice versa. After making the change, make sure to purge cached frames, via Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache.

18. I want to link adjustment layer to the label group only

Hi
    I wish there was more features to adjustment layers. I want to have the option to apply an adjustment layer to my comp but choose what clips that it should affect. Let say I have many clips in my comp and 5 of them need the same color correction and effects, but I have layers below that I don't want to be affected. I wish there was an option that I could let the adjustment layer be linked to colors of the label group. That the same label group of the clip will be affected by adjustment layer if…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Switch to ignore DOF on 3D layer

I suggest to make a switch on 3D layers, so DOF do not apply to this layer.
    Just like the "do not accept light / shadows" settings.

This can be used if you enable DOF in a comp, but have a layer that needs to be sharp all the time anyway.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fuse Integration

Used Fuse and Photoshop to create 3D characters but it would be phenomenal if these characters could be imported into After Effects and where the AE lights, cameras, and the C4D renderer could be used to composite a scene. Please consider integrating Fuse and After Effects.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base