After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. After effects render engine error 19969

MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,2
    Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    16GB Memory
    Intel Iris Plus 655 1536MB

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Comps placed into other comps via script do not have protected areas or comp markers applied

So I've found that when a comp with protected regions is placed into another comp via a script, none of the protected regions or comp markers on that comp are applied to that placed layer, to manually correct this one could add a marker onto that layer, then right click on it and select "Update Markers From Source" and this tends to update the protected regions as well, but there is no way to "Update Markers From Source" via scripting without any ui

Ideally the comp markers and protected regions should be present on the layer after the comp has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update the Add Grain effect to use GPU and 32-bit

I need to apply grain frequently in my work to clean plates I’ve created, and it needs to match the 6k/4k HDR plates I’ve been provided. I prefer Add Grain to Match Grain, as it’s quicker and more accurate for me to manually set it. Because of the size of the plates, and the lack of GPU acceleration in this plug-in, it’s the main bottleneck in my rendering speed, plus 32-bit would help with color fidelity. Obviously, multiframe rendering would be great, too, but I would at least love GPU acceleration to start!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Lumetri add point to HS Curves moves whole curve

When a point is added, the complete curve moves up or down.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make the Offset effect support 16/32 bit color

The Offset effect is a very useful tool in many occasions. Please make it ready for todays standards.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tapered mask feathering

Ability to taper a mask feather so that one end can be more feathered than another. Real world example: Rotoscoping a moving character and being able to mask a limb that has more motion blur at one end from another.

I get there are other ways of achieving this same effect, and even other methods of getting a better cut out, but the flexibility would be fantastic, and could apply to a number of other scenarios. Think of the mask feather controls from Premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Rotobrush Quality Default Preference

Would like to inverse the default value of the rotobrush v2 quality to be best.

Perhaps its a preference.

Reasoning: I can't think of a reason why I would want a less-than-ideal roto. Even if its for speed... if it has to be redone at best anyway, why run it faster at first?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [BUG] Can't open subcomp

AE 18.0.1 won't let me enter a subcomp upon doubleclicking it's layer. The error message states "Can't open layers with collapsed transformation. Oh boy 😞

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Import .VDB in After Effects

Import .VDB in After Effects

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3d Tracked Points From Camera Track

3d Tracked Points From Camera Track

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mesh Track

Mesh Track in After Effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mesh Track Without Mocha Pro

Mesh Track in After Effects

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Detect Depth

Create White and Black Values for Depth based on AI or another Route within After Effects

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add blending modes to Fill Effect

Always wondered why the effect lacks those. (and why the Opacitiy parameter of the effect affects the Opacity of the layer)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Track Matte" feature for the "Set Matte" Effect.

CC composite is great for compositing its own layer over itself again, the track mattes is good for tracking an alpha/luma of a layer above itself.
    However, many times I'd like to composite, say an icon, over a circle shape - then animate each one independently (perhaps the circle scales up and the icon slides down to the centre of the circle), then, have the icon track the circles alpha channel so you only ever see the icon inside the circle.
    Set matte doesnt often work as you are manipulating transform properties, and set matte seems to only work when…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Upgrade Roughen Edges effect.

More in-depth, customizable roughen edges effect. Ability to apply effect to shape layers to get edges like Photoshop brushes. Maybe even use the stamp of a Photoshop brush to determine the texture and variation of the edge. Edge example from Photoshop attached.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow users to change/override order of operations

AE does its operations in a specific order - eg: first it looks at transforms, then masks, then effects, etc. (I can't recall the exact order and couldn't find it online).

Sometimes you need to extensively precomp or re-think how you're building something in order for it to work properly. This can be a huge pain and can cause a bunch of extra work.

Instead of that, could there be an effect that you could apply to a layer that would allow you to re-order those operations? Call it "Re-Order Render Operations" or something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base