After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open Exr Sequence turns black when Lumetri Color is set into action

Adjustment Layer with Lumetri Color above 32 Bit open EXR Sequence. As soon as any Lumetri parameter is changed, the image information turns black while retaining the alpha channel.

Best part: not always. Seems random. Can´t find any trigger. Closing After Effects in that case mostly results in a crash.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Stop AE's masks from generating a colour which is the same as the layer

In a complex composition, it is very helpful to have the mask a different colour to the layer. You can set this manually but AE could save the hassle automatically by excluding hues within 25% of the same colour as the layer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. scatter

Regarding the CC Scatterize effect or the regular Scatter, it'd be great if you could change the size of the pieces. It be a lot faster and less render intensive than using shatter all the time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a Rotation setting to the Bulge Effect

I think it would be a simple but great add to this effect to put a new rotation setting.

The bulge preview circle cannot be rotated at all, and sometimes we need to, unless someone have a solution ?

Thank you,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Magnifying Effect is Duplicating the objects it is over instead of just magnifying them

You NEED to fix this issue with Magnify. I have seen a lot of other comments saying that the fixes that are suggested in the help articles DO NOT WORK. I have tried everything and there is no reason that the magnify effect should be duplicating whatever Layer i put it over or on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Video app for iPad Pro and iPhone with LiDAR support that automatically creates tracking data for Adobe After Effects.

New iPhones and iPads have LiDAR sensors that I think would be perfect for creating videos with tracking information for After Effects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3D Camera Tracker - Missing Functionality

The 3D camera Tracker is missing some vital tools to make it usable in a professional environment.

1. USER TRACKS: AE already has point tracking. Let the 3D camera tracker use those points as user defined tracks that have more weight than the auto generated tracks and help guide the auto tracks to be more accurate. If you have enough User Tracks, we should have the option to turn off the auto-tracking generation.

2. MASKS: there needs to be a way to mask areas off with out precomping so the tracker will ignore anything inside the masks. This can be either using…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. BUG: After Effects 22.0.1 Warp Stabilizer effect zooming in and out.

Hardly to describe.
    In Premiere 22.0 and older versions of After Effect the effect works normaly.
    When I apply the effect to videos in 22.0.1, after 5 to 7 seconds the video starts to jump a little up and down, in and out. Nearly every video causes the problem. The same setting in Premiere and After Effects results different videos. Videos made with Premiere are fine.
    System: I9 12900K, 64GB RAM, GTX 1080, Windows 11.
    I also notice, that the RAM Cache jump inside seconds to 55GB and sometimes crashes the After Effects application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please make the After Effects Lumentri effect the same as the PP Lu. effect. AE Lu effects is shy and not effetcive.

When dealing with footage shot in poor lighting or through the misty window pane, AE Lu effect is too shy. It must make aggressive suggestion that we can compromise or at least as thought-provokins as that of PP. Shy effect is useless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Composition Groups

Comps can get out of control quickly when pre-comping and/or having to build from multiple sources. It would be helpful to have Comp "groups" or "sets" as a way of organizing that would allow a user to define a set and then subsequently open or close an entire set in the comp panel. For instance, if I'm working on a series of VFX shots in a scene, I could have an entire set of comps defined for "shot_001 Final" that I can open when working on it. When I'm done and ready to move on to the next shot, I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. take matte from another comp layer

all effects containing the option "take matte from layer" should allow to take the matte from another comp layer.

this would allow AE to be a much more powerful compositing app

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring back vector paint

It would save a lot of time, especially when you want to create a brush stroke effect on texts, instead going through making the path, masking it, and animating the stroke, why can't we just draw with pen tablet and turn it into animation?

It was available in CS3 so I don't know why we don't have it now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Being able to control the transparency of a mask path.

When masking an image or footage, more often than not I can't see the edge I'm trying to mask. Having the ability to adjust the transparency of the mask from 0-100 would allow greater accuracy and efficiency when masking.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow to move layers away from 3d camera POV without changing in size

When compositing existing designs, illustrations, photos, videos to animate camera movement with depth in 3d space:

It's a pain to scale each layer individually to compensate for the changing apparent size from camera view.

It would be much preferable to have a simple way to temporarily "lock" the scale of the layers whilst moving them back and forth on the Z axis.

I saw this feature in an iPad Software called Mental Canvas (see screenshot). The layer automatically scales proportionately to compensate for distance from the camera. So from camera POV it always remains the same relative size.

I think…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Gradient: Align to Layer

I know it's relatively easy to lock/align the start/endpoints of a gradient to nulls or even just relative to the position parameter via expressions, but a simple check box in the Effect > Generate > Gradient Ramp effect that locks the start & endpoints to the layer instead of the composition would be nice. This feature already exists in the Layer Styles > Gradient Overlay, but I don't always want to use the Layer Styles and would rather use the Graident Ramp effect. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Drop shadow, option to preserve underlying transparency.

Often, I want product stills to cast their shadows on products down the layer index. But only on the parts that have pixels, to give the appearance of them being in close proximity (like an ambient occlusion pass). Right now the Drop shadow drops its shadow everywhere, regardless of what's underneath it.
    A checkbox option to only cast shadow on layers that have pixels would be swell.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Frequency Spectrum logarithmic

It would be awesome if the Generate -> Audio Spectrum effect would allow the user to switch between showing from the current Linear scale it always uses for the amplitude of the sound to a Logarithmic scale. For example, see this video we made in After Effects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXbR6YZL8gg

As you can see, the amplitude difference between 0dB and -6dB uses twice the distance on the screen than it does between -6dB and -12dB. If the user could switch the amplitude scale from Linear to Logarithmic, we'd be able to display a spectrum visualizer that shows more of the quieter audio…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a "Random Array" expression control

Having a random array expression control would be incredibly useful in tons of scenarios. The control could have options for min and max, how many values the array contains, a timeless checkbox, and some kind of math input (in my case I'd choose "sum" and enter "100").

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Effect Masking Compositing Options

Compositing options for effect masking (which I use a LOT) need A. to have the normal mask apply modes at every instance, so the main mask could be set to None, but where it's applied to an effect, be set to Add Inverted (for example). AT LEAST have the Inverted switch, dammit! I'm tired of having to maintain two identical sets of masks for Add and Subtract modes. B. The Compositing Options controls need to ALSO appear in the Effects Controls Panel below each effect, mirroring their timeline setting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base