After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug - applying Lumetri after Primatte Key causes a slight unexpected scale shift.

The layer is masked.

AE CC 2019
    MacBook Pro 15" 2016
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB
    Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

It would be helpful if we could see screenshots of the problem (with and without the shift) and/or a project that demonstrates the issue.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

2. MatchGrade

Something similar to Nuke's MatchGrade, where you input one layer as the reference and output matching color to a different layer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Transform Controls in Set Matte effect

Adding a set of transform controls to Set Matte would allow per instance, on-the-fly adjustments to mattes that would go a long way making procedural matting easier.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want to link adjustment layer to the label group only

Hi
    I wish there was more features to adjustment layers. I want to have the option to apply an adjustment layer to my comp but choose what clips that it should affect. Let say I have many clips in my comp and 5 of them need the same color correction and effects, but I have layers below that I don't want to be affected. I wish there was an option that I could let the adjustment layer be linked to colors of the label group. That the same label group of the clip will be affected by adjustment layer if…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. PLANAR TRACKING/STABILIZING AS MOCHA

You could improve the After Effects tracking/stabilizing tools using the planar tracking method (as Mocha) instead of traditional point tracking method.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PLANAR TRACKING AS MOCHA

You could improve the After Effects tracking/stabilizing tools using the planar tracking method (as Mocha) instead of traditional point tracking method.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. *********IMPORTANT:https://www.behance.net/gallery/67706495/Adobe-Lumetri-CC-Prototype

But NO as another app. It needs to be an improved version of Lumetri modules of After Effects and Premiere Pro, because of the Adobe fluid (non destructive) workflow. It has more sense than developing another kind of Speed Grade as another one app:(. All in one is really better ;)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix CC Mr. Mercury bug - Compositing Options Effect Opacity not working

Effect Opacity under Compositing Options used in conjunction with CC Mr. Mercury has a potential bug. CC Mr. Mercury will fail to produce any shift in visual difference when the keyframe is activated and set to 0. Setting a kefyframe to a value of 1 then moving it over several frames to a value of 30, 63, 100 etc, will produce fine results. But setting the keyframe to a value of 0 then moving the Effect Opacity over several frames to a value of 30, 63, 100, etc, will produce a failed visual result and the effect opacity will not…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a feature to allow the user add shape to a light.

Add a cutting option in the Light Settings window that allows the user cut the light source using four shutters. It should also allow rotation of the shape.
    Another idea would be to allow the user place a shape inside the light - a Gobo projection?
    Look forward to seeign this feature added in the future.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. #ProjectGoodBones

ProjectGoodBones

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. #ProjectFastmask

IT COULD BE AWESOME :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Radio Wave improvement

In Radio Waves, it would be nice if the "Reflection" parameter offered the choice of which sides of the screen would reflect: top, bottom, left, right or any combo.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CC Vignette bug

I''ll often add the CC Vignette effect to an imported .AI layer to help it blend into the scene. It's very helpful in not adding additional clutter to compositions, but it increasingly makes scenes go crazy. Different zoom levels will exacerbate the bug, and saving and reopening with the effect applied seems to make it worse.

Some of the symptoms include weird screen tearing, little dots all over the comp, and the layer will "flicker" on and off as well as affecting the alpha channels on other layers.

I've attached a quick sample. This mostly shows everything but the tearing.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. when i use adobe after effects cs6 and i use 3d camera tracker/warp stabilizer its says (unable to obtain dynamiclink server)

when i use adobe after effects cs6 and i use 3d camera tracker/warp stabilizer its says (unable to obtain dynamiclink server)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Gradient support while importing from Illustrator!! C'Mon guys...

It's a shame it isn't available yet, just saying. Lost of some parameters from previously created files is really painful to work with - because I need to recreate gradients each time I want to animate an object.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. An improved Stylize/Glow

The current (and past) Stylize/Glow effect shows some unlogical behavior:

1 It lets glow dark colors (under the treshold) too.
    Even when the Glow Operation is set to 'Add' and Glow Is Based on Color Channels (Default), a dark shadow like halo appears around the borders of a layer.

2 Another strange thing: When Glow Intensity is set to 0 (zero), the black glow still appears.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use aerial images to help 3D tracking

When tracking drone aerial footage, it would be helpful if you could use an aerial image to help the 3D tracker. My thoughts about how this would work would be to add the 3D tracker to footage and load an aerial image of the location being tracked. As the tracker is analyzing the footage you indicate in the footage where points exist on the aerial image. This could help with tricky to track footage, specifically if you’re dealing with pans, as it could help the tracker understand how the scene is rotating and moving.

The attached image is from some…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. CC Vignette bug

I''ll often add the CC Vignette effect to an imported .AI layer to help it blend into the scene. It's very helpful in not adding additional clutter to compositions, but it increasingly makes scenes go crazy. Different zoom levels will exacerbate the bug, and saving and reopening with the effect applied seems to make it worse.

Some of the symptoms include weird screen tearing, little dots all over the comp, and the layer will "flicker" on and off as well as affecting the alpha channels on other layers.

I've attached a quick sample. This mostly shows everything but the tearing.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Switch to ignore DOF on 3D layer

I suggest to make a switch on 3D layers, so DOF do not apply to this layer.
    Just like the "do not accept light / shadows" settings.

This can be used if you enable DOF in a comp, but have a layer that needs to be sharp all the time anyway.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base