After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug - Footage scaled up to comp size adds a thin semi-transparent edge to entire comp

If I place a half-res clip in the comp and scale it up to 200% to fit the comp, for some reason this makes the border of the entire comp slightly transparent. I can see just a little bit of the grid through the edge, and this also appears in the alpha channel if I view that.

This only happens when the footage size exactly matches the comp. If I modify the scale, it goes away.

Importantly, this still happens when other layers are below, so it's not just a matter of not filling the frame, the layer is somehow…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ... to bring in the feature of searching and relinking footage pathes

... to bring in the feature of searching and relinking footage pathes (e.g. I just needed to change the driveletter - but it´s not possible. Confimed by Customers Support. Belongs to Premiere as well. This is maybe a very old wish around here, wich still hasnt been taken to heart

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. linear wipe

A Comp Size/Layer Size checkbox for the linear wipe effect. This would save a LOT of precomping.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Point Control effect gives float results for some integer points

Point Control effect from effects menu acts strange when I try to make its x coordinate 7, 14, 28,29 etc. It doesn't show up as 7 but shows 7,00000000000001. I'm attaching a screen record for the values I get.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Beam Line Tracking Null Object

Hi guys,

I'm getting really frustrated about the fact that my After Effects seems to behave in a different way than it should do, when it comes to creating a solid object, using the beam effect on it and then trying to track the Starting Point on a null object. When you watch it on the online tutorial, the top of the line goes right on the anchor point of the null object. Unfortunately, mine goes randomly on the screen, but nowhere nearly the anchor point of the null object.

If this doesn't make any sense to you, I've uploaded…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [BUG] undoing paint stroke after 10 or so brushes won't show result (physically deleting them from effects doesn't either)

I need help with this...

I have a layer over my video to do drawing frame by frame. The drawing is basically little firework-like animations that go over my waveform that contains firework sounds. It's important that I sync it up correctly so I need to switch back to my composition and play it back in real time. But when I switch back to my composition, I believe it shows an older cached preview.

Worse yet, is if I delete a brush stroke from my drawing layer, it doesn't SHOW that it's deleted, in fact it just stays there in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Expression 'thisProperty.propertyIndex' Issue

this Expression 'thisProperty.propertyIndex'
    when written in EXPOSURE(effect) OFFSET(property),
    i can‘t get the right propertyIndex.
    it return 2 but it should be 4 to work correct.
    I'm using the AfterEffects latest version 16.1.2 (Build 55).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Separate Keyframes for Mask Feather Tool

The Mask Feather Tool should have its own separate keyframes.

As of now, its keyframes are the same, as the mask shape keys, so if you already animated a mask shape, you cannot animate the "feather tool" separately.

Alternatively, please give us a "Uber Key" as seen in Mocha.
    Thanks.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a Shear distorter for Shapes

Shear is a quite common distortion (I think more used than the ZigZag deformer which is already present).

Please add this to the Shapes' menu.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. AE should remember effects layer inputs (like set matte) when copy/pasting layers. Currently need to manually reconnect after pasting,

This is how parenting works when you copy/paste a new set of layers. It creates parents relative to the new layers you've pasted. That is smart, now if only effects worked the same way! For some reason the default behavior on plugins is to revert the layer inputs on effects like “set matte” or “create nulls from paths” to the source layer that the effect is applied to after pasting.

I frequently use both of the aforementioned effects to make templates, and I'm constantly copy/pasting sets of template layers into new comps, but every time I do I have to…

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Puppet pin bug causing the "Cached Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback." error message

Dragging a specific puppet pin (ex puppet pin 3) to a different position in the FX area will cause AE to stop creating cache. For instance putting 4 between puppet pin 2 and puppet pin 3. Re-ordering it correctly fixes the issue.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Post render layer (Applying GLSL pass)

A pass similar to an adjustment layer one can add to a comp and manipulate the input (all layers rendering below) freely, using some sort of shader language variation.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Blender Evee rendering inside after effects (basic geometry import (alembic), with basic material settings )

Videocopilot element 3d, is ok. But realtime PBR rendering of 3d text, and importing animated alembic files, would allow after effects to surpass, Fusion, and Nuke, for 3d compositing and motion graphics animation.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Duplicate frame remover

A tool that can detect duplicate frames in a clip and delete one of them many times over.

This becomes super useful in cases where the shutter speed was wrongly set or the variable frame rate of a cellphone camera causes duplicate frames in a clip. Instead of having to scroll frame by frame manually and deleting duplicate frames, a tool that can do this automatically would be super SIMPLE and POWERFUL.

THanks

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Native Noise Reduction

I would like to see native noise reduction in After Effects that rivals all third-party NR plugins

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Exponential glow with shoulder

ExpoGlow

Would love to see the glow plug-in get an overhaul. I assume this is in the top 10 most used effects (it sure is for me) and there is plenty of room for improvement!

First feature would be to add an "exponential" checkbox with a gamma slider. This would of course make the glow fall off with an inverse square ratio - but with the addition of the gamma slider it could be user controllable. It is important that this effect is 32bpc "under the hood" so that we get accurate highlights - even in an 8bpc and 16bpc…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Solid Layer Bug

There is a bug with solid layers, specifically when scaling them down to thin lines, and rotating them, the line breaks into multiple lines.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a native UVW mapping plugin.

AE needs a native UVW mapping plugin, so that you can export UV maps from 3D apps and you can map images onto 3D object renders. You could make awesome templates (and ultimately mogrts) with 3D renders where the user could swap out image textures on 3D objects!

Why native? Because then you can sell those templates without requiring others to buy a 3rd party plugin.

The most obvious uses would be for things like bendy pages on a wedding album or images wrapped onto text. But it would open up unlimited possibilities to very creative people.

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base