After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Vector Fields for new creative Effects

A Vector Field Effect were you can paint your motion fields in 2D and use them on textures and particles etc.

Something like this in 2D:

https://hocuspocus-studio.fr/tools/product/vecmap-tools/
    https://vimeo.com/254351991

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please fix radial wipe transition!

Radial wipe only works properly if it's a proper circle. I wanted to create a narrow oval to circle some text, but it won't work because of the narrower shape. The wipe goes both clockwise and counterclockwise when it should only go the one way.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Robobrush addition/subtraction highlighting

After making stokes with the robobrush, the preview goes black for a moment and then when it reappears, it shows the results of the new foreground segementation. Sometimes when zoomed into a specific region the strokes made improve the segemtation boundary in that region. However, when zooming out, often I notice that the strokes also had an effect on the segementation in regions far away from where I made the new strokes. It would be really handy if there were a thumbnail somewhere that colour codes pixels that have been added and removed from the foregorund as a result of…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. copy lumeri color from After effects to Premiere Pro

We should be able to copy from one program to the other such effects as lumetri as they are similar in both programs, so to have creative choices whether to color grade the selected clips in premiere or in ae and then return back to where the main program is.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adopting the powers of node-based programs by tweaking the set matte effect.

Inspired by Node-based workflows. We often want to combine different mattes into one layer without the need of pre-comping—and then even use the same matte for multiple layers.

If we improve the already existing "Set Matte" Effect with the functions of the "Track Matte", we may be on a better path!

Here is a video of how that could work: https://vimeo.com/138156034

1. Add a "Track Matte" switch to set matte:

This could make the "Transform Properties" of the set matte behave the same as how "Track Mattes" do. (this is possible already by sandwiching the set matte effect between two transform…

210 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add points to Curves effect by cmd+clicking pixels

In Photoshop you can exactly target a specific value in the curve dialog by cmd+clicking a pixel in the image. This would be great to have in AfterEffects too!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make the mesh warp effect easier to use, and allow tracking to background footage with it.

I've been using the Mesh Warp recently, and I've found it incredibly annoying to use. It seems really hard to be able to grab the mesh points correctly without clicking off the effect, or clicking off the selected layer. The bezier grab handles are fiddly to use too, they could do with improvement to make it an easier effect to use.

Would there be any chance that we could see a larger improvement to the effect where by you could use it to warp textures to a background/source layer? it'd be handy for the mesh points to be driven/tracked to…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. bug. classic color dodge transparency

Bug, When applying classic color dodge to a solid and applying it over a .mov on another layer, when fading out the transparency of the solid it creates a strange dither bit reduction until the fade ends, then jumps to 0% transparency. Ive tried it outputting to HAP and H264 and only happens when outputting to HAP

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG: Pickwhip in expression editor

When Pickwipping a slider inside and expression with brackets, the auto expression will miss the closed bracket because of the outside brackets. This means you need to add another bracket on the end which is fine, but some people may not see it get missed until an error spits out.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can't import animated gifs into AE

When I tried to import an animated gif, as I did with the actual file earlier on other computer, I get the message from the picture, in spanish "Error de After Effects: No se puede leer el origen. Compruebe la configuración y vuelva a intentarlo. ( 86 :: 1 )"; which translates to: "After Effects error: Cannot read from source. Please check the settings again. ( 86 :: 1 )"

I hope someone could help me because I don't think is much of a big deal. Thanks in advance.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Display acceleration dissembled ISSUE / Black Preview Issue

Main ISSUE HERE!!!!
    While i press play button on preview the "Play Head" is not moving and i cannot see in the preview the composition !!! Only thing i get is a black window.
    On the contrary when i move the play head manuals ( with my cursor) i can see the preview layers moving .... But this is not a solution!!!!

Please fix it....!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. cache error i cant make new project, yours need change cache location to manual or move to other part of hard disc

cache error i cant make new project, yours need change cache location to manual or move to other part of hard disc

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi. In my trial Version 17.0, all texts are faux bold by default. Is it the same in the retail version. Please let me know.

Hi. In my trial Version 17.0, all texts are faux bold by default. Is it the same in the retail version. Please let me know.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. facial stabelize

Inside the face tracker have the option to stabilize Faces removing all rotation and posional movement so they can be altered then have ability to reverse stabilize outside of a precomp.
    would be very usefull for digital makeup and ageing actors or making them look younger etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add ability to copy/paste equivalent effect properties from Premiere clips directly into After Effects layers

An example is Lumetri Color. It would be great to be able to simply copy (ctrl+c) that effect's properties in Premiere, then paste (ctrl+v) onto a layer in After Effects, so I don't need to manually re-enter all of the properties, particularly the color wheels.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CC2020 unstable

Constantly experiencing the "Rainbow circle of death", with a composition containing several instances of mocha.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. At new composition window, next to Width and Height, a button to flip horizontal to vertical and reverse when click again.

At new composition window, next to Width and Height, a button to flip horizontal to vertical and reverse when click again.

To make it easier creating compositions when choosing standard 1920x1080 then i want it vertical, its very common and repeated situation.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base