After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Sensei to learn how to better use rotobrush and extract hair details

rotobrush is pretty slow on rendering, so I'd suggest to help it by building its shapes not from one frame, but creating like custom checkpoints defined buy user where he thinks the movement changes dramatically and he inavitably would draw some more brushes from there, so and meanwhile rotobush would merge its calculations inbetween those checkpoints...

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. shortcut to create/duplicate layers/shapes/adjustments/efects UNDER the previous one

too often you need to create layers under not above the current( like textures of fractal, shades etc. would be cool to revisit current shortcuts for creating all those different pieces and unite them to a one solution and to have an alt key for creating them under

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. hue/saturation to be expressionable

so many times I'd needed to link hue to angle controller, but have to use other effects as workaround

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update native particles Particle Playground

Particle Playground to GPU and 32bps

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable any effect to address an individual RGBA channel

Some effects, like Levels and Curves, allow one to isolate the effect to a single RGBA channel. Make this option available to all effects.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Displacement Map radial option and to go GPU!

Displacement map lacks of radial distortion option

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. effects to be cloned and connected through entirely in the project

so that if you change any of them - others will follow. Not like when linking them - that they have a mother effect

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [BUG] BRUSHES

Doesn't work any kind of brush. You can't drag rotobrush, normal brush or cloner.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [BUG] ROTOBRUSH

The rotobrush tool doesn't work correctly. I can't drag the pencil to make a successful selection.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. track matte per effect

The possibility to add mask per effects through the compositing options was a great addition would be great to be also able to choose another layer as a track matte for each effect the way set matte works.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. VFX

After Effects could have more and better effects and tools for VFX workflow.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. make median and dust and scratches faster in 16bpc

Median is a very conveniant effect when it comes to removal or retouching works and super fast when your project is set to 8bpc but when you turn it to 16bpc or more it takes forever to render. I would be really thankful if you could do some dev blackmagic to fix that

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug Report: AE 15.0.1 unable to interpret alpha channel- unless there is a starting frame with alpha.

When doing character animation, I typically use Toonboom Harmony, and then render out PNG4 sequences for compositing in AE. However, since version 15.0.1, I've been having an issue where my PNG sequences were not having their alpha interpreted. While this is hard to convey without pictures, here's how I solved the issue and it may help you guys to squash the bug:

1) In Toonboom, I create an animation that starts on a full background, no alpha channel, then transitions in-animation to a wipe that then needs to be comped in AE.

2) Render it out as a PNG4 sequence…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug - Master Properties and toComp() expression

Most expressions linked to a Master Property work properly when the MP is changed across different instances, but a few expression methods like toComp() and fromComp() always act as if the layer being referenced has its original transform data, even if those properties are being changed instance-wise by the Master Properties.

For instance, if in "Comp 1" I put a Beam effect, using the positions of two 3D layers as the endpoints using toComp(), and control the positions of said layers via MP's in "Comp 2" (or control the "Comp 1"s camera position, etc.), the Beam endpoints just stay in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Expression error occurs when you reopen a project after acquiring lightning "advanced" direction

Expression error occurs when you reopen a project after acquiring lightning "advanced" direction

・Apply the Lightning (Advanced) effect
    ・Get the "direction" of lightning (altitude) by expression
    ・Reopen the project
    ・Expression error occurred

稲妻(高度)の方向をエクスプレッションで取得した後aepを開き直すと、エクスプレッションエラーが発生する

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base