After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Camera-Shake Deblur effect accelerated by GPU

This effect is really useful, but it goes so slow. You should accelerate it by GPU, It would be awesome.

TKS Adobe ;)

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow any effect attribute to be driven by a matte layer

have a small button next to every value for every effect attribute to allow you to map it to a layer matte.

This allows you to control effects exactly without cluttering up your layers window

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug report: "Noise" effect backward compatibility

Create new project in AE CC 2019. Add "Noise" effect somewhere. Then Save a Copy As CC (15.x). After that try to open this project in AE CC (15). You will get an error that "Noise" effect is missing.

Funny, but it's true. Fix this backward compatibility bug, please.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. gradient stroke in layers styles

Please add to AE this.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BANDING :(

After Effects shouldn't generate banding errors easily (defined steps of luma and chroma). Premiere Pro goes better than After Effects in terms of banding when you use smoothed masks or blur effects.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Color match in After Effects.

You could add the same Lumetri Color functions in both Premiere Pro and After Effects, as the color match tool.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. IMPROVED CINEMA 4D PROCESSOR

You could improve the C4D 3D processor, enabling functionalities as:

• merge modes
    • follow-up partners
    • layer styles
    • masks and effects in:
    Rasterized layers continuously
    shape and text layers
    3D precomposition layers contracted
    • Conservation of the underlying transparency.
    • light transmission
    • transparency and refractive index
    • accepts only shadows
    • motion blur
    • Depth of field of the camera

TKS, Adobe ;)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. FASTER TIME WARP

You could accelerate by GPU the Time Warp effect.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. masks, mask path, shape: preview missing

when i modify the pixel dimensions of the mask there is no preview to know the adjustment is right until after we hit ok in the dialogue box

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Depth of field 360 VR output

I'm having troubles using the depth of field in 360 environment.
    In my 3D edit window, i add the depth of field on my VR master camera.
    When i watch the VR output, it doesn't affect the 3D plugin (right here, i'm using stardust but it doesn't work also with other 3D plugins).
    Also the depth of field seems to work with the 3D layers i put but doesn't respect the focus distance I set in my edit window. Any clues to solve this problem? You will find enclosed an image showing the problem. Thanks for your help

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Depth of field 360 VR output

I'm having troubles using the depth of field in 360 environment.
    In my 3D edit window, i add the depth of field on my VR master camera.
    When i watch the VR output, it doesn't affect the 3D plugin (right here, i'm using stardust but it doesn't work also with other 3D plugins).
    Also the depth of field seems to work with the 3D layers i put but doesn't respect the focus distance I set in my edit window. Any clues to solve this problem? You will find enclosed an image showing the problem. Thanks for your help

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Global Volume Adjustment

Add audio levels adjustment functionality to Adjustment Layers. It would work just like for a video clip, in that it would be keyframable, but it would affect the volume of any layers beneath it. It would be great if it could also display a composite waveform of all the layers affected.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. split

CC Split 3

Hello,

CC split 2 is a very "simple" and funny tool to create mouth animations and lip sync...

But I have 2 simples suggestions to improve this tool.

To be abble to change de curve profile with animation keys.

And

To be able to put négative split values!!! (to smile for exemple :o)

Thanks,
    Alexis

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve Motion Tracking & Add more Sound Effects.

i was just watching vegas 16 features, and im shocked, they improved the motion tracker so you can put your layer anywhere on the screen, and they added amazing sound effects
    get ae back on the top please.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adobe XD files in Aftereffects

hello everyone,

it would be great feature, if Adobe XD files open in AE for animation, and the last update in AE, we were just able to import AI and PSD files, So if you people update the Aftereffects with above feature that will be great for everyone.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. PageMaker is to InDesign as After Effects is to...?

Sometimes it is important to start over from the ground up and completely rethink your solution to a problem. I believe it is time for Adobe to do this with AE. Rather than continue to add patchworks of features and solutions here and there, give us a new paradigm in compositing that lives along side AE while this new app is being developed much like you did with InDesign and PageMaker.

Things I'd like to see in this new app are:

1. A complete reworking of 3D, rather than treating the 3D workspace and objects in it as 2.5d, the successor…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. nested effects

I am working on a star trek style forcefield. And realised it would be useful to have nested effects that can work in conjunction with each other, for example, to provide a forcefield effect that we can see i have used fractal noise, using a dynamic effect. Now, if something is required to pass THROUGH the field, a ripple effect nested TO the dynamic effect (so that it only affects the actual movement of the dynamics, not the externals of the effect, would be useful. as it is, any extra effect added simply affects the layer on which it is…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. fc220

Hi please please please can we get a DJI Mavic Pro fc220 lens correction profile????

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Falloffs for any effects

It would be a great improvement if we could define falloffs for any effects on any layers, as it is usual in 3D software such as Cinema 4D. I would like to define easily (animated) areas where effects occur or animations will take place without copying layers and work with masks. This would be a very powerful system.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: Masking a Lumetri adjustment layer transforms the underlying footage...

weird mask bug here.

I have footage. I put an adjustment layer above it. I put Lumetri in it. I go and draw a mask to make the adjustment just inside that mask.... the normal relighting routine.

Usually this would work flawlessly. But today when I tried it it results in the underlying image data being masked, yes. But the footage is also squeezed into that area.

With other effects, like Curves. It works as expected. But with the lumetri effect it squishes the footage like a canadian comedian squishes heads... See attached image

I guess I can't mask adjustments…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base