After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for 180° in VR Converter effect

I have 180° fisheye footage that I want to convert to Equirectangular. There is no 1:1 option, so I have to choose 2:1, then precompose and crop my comp to square.

Most of the acquired effects from Mettle expect you to be working in a 360° workflow, and it's not ideal for someone who works primarily in 180°

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chromatic aberration

Needles to say more: Please allow separation of the RGB channels in plugins like "Optics Compensation" or "Radial Blur" to make easy chromatic aberration effect possible.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 32bpc and screen layer mode

In 32bpc mode, if footages had got HDR(1.0+ or 0.0-) pixels, screen layer mode doesn't work properly.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Could Ae have it's own exponential glow?

So you don't have to recreate it each time buy duplicating and connecting controls, should be easy to machine learn it - on how people tend to use such effects and implement clever controls (look at how plugin Saber from video copilot deals with glow - that's terrific!)

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow track mattes to be used multiple times

Track mattes should be able to be used by multiple other layers and no longer required to live directly above they layer they affect.

It's very common to need to reuse a matte. The way things are now, I have to duplicate my mattes for every single layer that uses them.

I should just be able to select which layer I want to use as a matte (along with alpha/luma options) and be able to reuse that matte for as many other layers as needed.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Smear/smudge feature in the clone stamp tool

It should be possible to blur/smear/smudge strokes to allow for color uniformity when making a clean plate, for instance. Take note from Nuke's rotopaint node.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 32 bpc FX (ALL OF THEM)

You could update all the effects to make a precise compatibility between them and 32 bpc footage and compositions.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {itemH cannot NULL} ( 5027 :: 82 )

after effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {itemH cannot NULL} ( 5027 :: 82 )

This is coming up every single time I try to change the 'Particle Type' to a 'Textured Polygon' when using Trapcode Particular.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fuse Integration

Used Fuse and Photoshop to create 3D characters but it would be phenomenal if these characters could be imported into After Effects and where the AE lights, cameras, and the C4D renderer could be used to composite a scene. Please consider integrating Fuse and After Effects.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fully customizible Light Wrap with ton's of settings

including inputting a texture, if needed!
    including Adobe Sensei to match to the background!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow user to change the default mode when creating a mask. (e.g. add, subtract, none)

When I create a mask in After Effects the mask's mode is automatically set to "add". I generally want my masks set to "none" while I am working as I am doing rotoscoping. It would be great if I could choose what the default mode is for newly created masks.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. VR Comp Editor has a bug in Windows but not in Mac version

VR comp editor on Windows does not work in terms of Apply AE 3D CameraTracker. Please fix this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Copy pastable Lumetri Color from PP to AE

so that you could use exact color matching that premiere's panel did in After effects

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Default color for Outer glow/ Inner glow should be white.

The default color for Outer/Inner glow layer styles is an odd yellow/gold that nobody wants to use. Light defaults should always be white, dark defaults should always be black. Examples, drop shadow effect, Tint, Gradient Ramp, etc.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stroke and Cinema 4D render

When a stroke is applied to a shape on a 3D layer and the Cinema 4D renderer is selected, when trim paths is used the width of the stroke changes. When the Classic 3D renderer is used, this does not happen.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for filing this bug report, and for sending us the project file.

Our engineers are examining the problem. Regarding the project you sent, they gave this feedback:

This problem is independent of using Trim Paths.

The problem can occur with shapes or text converted to Shapes, as in the provided project. With the CINEMA 4D renderer the Shape stroke width does not match the Classic 3D renderer – there is both a stroke symmetry shift around the path, and size can vary as well.

The stroke mismatch is typically quite small. However, the provided project has Transform > Scale set to over 300%, thereby exaggerating the problem.

To work around this you could avoid using a large scale value on the shape layer. Adding scale per shape path almost eliminates the problem visually, but is impractical to do for each shape.

Another workaround could be to maybe prep the…

17. Remove "Compositing Options" from Expression Controls

I love having access to the per-effect Compositing Options, but there's no reason (I can think of, anyway) for them to exist on expression controls, aside from taking up additional vertical space in the timeline.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Curves and Levels - allow user to adjust Lab curves instead of only RGB

Curves and levels allows you to adjust RGB channels, which can be destructive to colors if you just want to adjust the lightness

Allow user to change the curves/levels mode to Lab color mode and offer those channels as an alternative to RGB

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. gradient stroke in layers styles

Please add to AE this.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base