After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. animation key notes or tags

You could grab a set of keys, and then tag them with note to mark a specific action, like "bounce" or "wave."
    Then you wouldn't be completely lost trying to look through all of your keys.
    A search function would be handy too.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix/allow H264 animated textures in C4D to work with Cineware.

Cineware does not work with MP4 animated textures from Cinema. Shows a yellow texture instead of the video.

PNG sequences work.

C4D version: R19
    AE: 2018 15.1.1

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate Dimensions for Camera Point of Interest and Scale

I really don't know why this feature is not in After Effects after all these years, but it would be so helpful to be able to separate dimensions for Camera Point of Interest and Scale. It is sometimes really hard to animate the camera when you can only separate the position dimensions but not the Point of Interest.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want a comebackRe-traced 3d

I want to reuse my old projects and awesome templates that I have bought and rely on Re-traced 3d

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Group name should be able to rename, It will be easy to rectify while animating characters

Can we add group name rename option, It will very help full to know multiple groups via its name, i know i can do while creating layout or character in adobe illustrator I can give layers name and import in to after effect and convert illustrator layers to "create shapes from vector layer" with its original name, but inside the particular layer, there are multiple groups, which I need to rename the layers name. Please find the attached screen shot.

Thanks,
    Amrish Jha

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Strokes in shape layers should have a customisable end cap, rather than the three simple options currently available.

Strokes in shape layers currently offer three options for the end cap. It would be great if the end cap were customisable, either via beziers or with an importable artwork. This would make stroke animation much more powerful and useful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A keyframe that inherits its value from the previous keyframe

Imagine a scenario with 3 keyframes where an object holds position for a second (1-2) then moves to a new position (2-3). To adjust the object hold position, you must edit keyframes 1 and 2. If you forget to update keyframe 2 you no longer have a hold. With this type of inheritance keyframe, you'd only have to worry about adjust keyframe 1, and keyframe 2 would automatically follow along.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. After Effects doesn't properly support SWF import from Adobe Animate

This would be a great feature but it doesn't work very well! Advanced layers don't work properly, some types of easing don't display correctly, and nested/masked layers don't display correctly (see attached screenshot).

Please implement it properly!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Coloured Keyframes

The same way we colour our layers to keep track of categories, let us do that with our keyframes when we have a lot of them on one layer for example. Can't imagine this is very hard to do.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Set Legacy Puppet Engine to Default

Advanced puppet engine is rubbery and starch is ineffective. Puppet meshes often break when switching from Advanced to Legacy engine.

I'd love the ability to set the Legacy engine as default, and see continued support for the legacy puppet engine in releases down the road.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Text animator selector based on Paragraphs

Currently text animators can select based on characters, words and lines. The ability to select by paragraph would be extremely useful for things like slideshow bullet points.

The current workaround involves manually splitting up paragraphs, positioning them, and key-framing them independently. This is quite time consuming.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Even Dashes on stoked paths to match Illustrator

It would be awesome if After Effects handled dashed lines the same way Illustrator does with the option to force dashes to be symmetrical with the corners.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dynamic Keyframes

Would like to use expressions to assign a value to a specific keyframe.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FFD: Free Form Deformation

In most 3d programs (3dsmax, c4d...maya) there is an FFD tool that allows you to set a cage that causes deformation when the affected object passses through it. the cage position is independent of the object. This allows you to deform the object as it passes through the cage--picture a thick viscous fluid squeezing to fit through a funnel and then regaining its former shape once out of the funnel. Pixels are affected as they pass through the cage.

Current options like puppet and mesh warp's positions are tied to your object and cant achieve this same effect.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copied Illustrator CC 2019 paths no longer paste into AE CC 2019 properly as a shape path

I used to be able to copy paths from Illustrator (using the direct selection tool, not the selection tool) and paste them into After Effects as a shape path, but the translation is no longer 1:1. It now appears to rather paste the outline of the stroke weight, including arrowheads and other non-features of the path.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Crashes on load every time, absolutely unusable. Tried all the usual tricks, this is an extreme issue.

Crashes on load every time, absolutely unusable. Tried all the usual tricks, this is an extreme issue.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. GPU NOT TESTED, no support for renderer acceleration .. please help GeForce GTX 1080

Por

Rascunho rápido: Disponível
    Memória de textura: 1000,00 MB
    Rastreamento de raio: GPU

OpenGL
    Fornecedor: NVIDIA Corporation
    Dispositivo: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2
    Versão: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 381.65
    Memória total: 7,89 GB
    Modelo do sombreador: 4.0 ou posterior

CUDA
    Versão do driver: 8.0
    Dispositivos: 1 (GeForce GTX 1080)
    Memória utilizável atual: 7,47 GB (na ativação do aplicativo)
    Memória máxima utilizável: 8,00 GB

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve PNG Sequences

I'm seeing it more & more, especially when I do a Time-Reverse layer. Sometimes my PNG Sequences have random blank frames where my art should be visible. Sometimes zooming in & back out again fixes it, sometimes not. It's incredibly frustrating.

SIDENOTE: Your hyperlink to "Bug Reports" on forums.adobe.com is broken. It's probably a mis-typed link.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Advanced Puppet Issue

The new "advanced puppet" is coming into act as a force. The user must be able to set all the future pin creations to either Legacy or Advanced. As the Advanced Puppet tool does not support "Starch" it is not usable for a savvy animator anymore. It does have other good funcations probably but as far as character animation is concerned, without starch tool, you lose the desired workflow.

Hope this get fixed in the new update.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Import Xd Files into AE

I would like to be able to import Adobe Xd Files into After Effects, to create animations in your app design. Furthermore, it would be great if you can use these animations from After effects in Adobe Xd to prototype your app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base