After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Path points not editable or stretching attributes

I'm experiencing strange bugs in the path item on a shape layer.

When I make a two point path (a line) I can no longer go back to edit those points, most of the time. The other times it creates strange affects to other attributes, such as stroke. Stretching the stroke instead of redrawing it at the same width across the path.

I tested in 2017, and initial tests show the expected result, the points are editable and the stroke shows up the right way. But the 2018 version is acting totally different.

A video to show what I'm experiencing…

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Summary Keyframe track that is editable.

I would like a keyframe track which shows all the keyframes in a layer in a single track. All selectable and moveable.

This is fairly common in 3D programs and is a good way of moving a lot of keyframes without having to reveal and select them all individually. Often times in revisions it is necessary to move large blocks of keyframes as a group. This would make that process much easier.

This already happens to some extend when there are a number of keyframes within a collapsed property (transform, contents, etc), but it's purely cosmetic for reference. They can't…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. add shift frame to sequence layers

Sequence Layers command is very useful but not very fast to use. Most of the time I use it to shift layers of a few frame: I must select all layers, cut them, sequence layers and the trim back all layers to the end.
    It would be easier if you can add a sort of Shift time in the Sequence Layers Window, so we can choose how many frames to shift the in point of the next layer than the previous one.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Crashes on load every time, absolutely unusable. Tried all the usual tricks, this is an extreme issue.

Crashes on load every time, absolutely unusable. Tried all the usual tricks, this is an extreme issue.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Alt-Click Value To Set Expression

Similar to clicking the stopwatch to open up expression panel, Alt Click A value of a property to open up the expression panel but only need to set the value of the alt-clicked expression:

Example:
    Alt clicking y-value in position would lead to the following expression added automatically:

[transform.position[0], ]

and now you just have to fill in the y expression (time-saving)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. CC Twister - Shading Problem

In the 2018 version of After Effects, having the shading checkbox checked in the CC Twister effect panel worked as expected. After upgrading to 2019 After Effects, having the shading checkbox checked caused the element to blow way up and once the twist had completed, the location had shifted on the screen as well. The element using the CC Twister Effect is an imported Illustrator asset. By unchecking the shading checkbox, all went back to normal. Any ideas why?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. FUSION MODES AND MASK MODES WITH ANIMATION FUNCTIONS

The fusion modes and mask modes could have animation functions into both After Effects and Premiere Pro.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. GIFs hold first frame longer than it should

Love that I can import GIFs now! But sometimes when I put a GIF in composition, the first frame of the GIF holds for longer than it should. usually around 3x longer than the framerate of the file. It keeps GIFs that loop seamlessly from... looping seamlessly. It can be worked-around with time remapping, but it is imprecise.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to disable horizontal movement of keyframes in Graph Editor

When editing keyframes in the graph editor, most times I'm just trying to change the values and interpolations, not the frame that the keys are on in time. But, without the reference point of other layer's keys visible, it's too easy to accidentally drag keyframes left or right off their original frame in the Graph Editor. A single button at the bottom to disable time alterations would be great.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. placas nvidia serie 1060

podia ser suportada a placa grafica serie 10 da nvidia

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable online features and Sign out option in Adobe Animate CC

We would like to have the functionality to disable the online features and Sign out option in Adobe Animate CC which is currently available in Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Pro.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Import Xd Files into AE

I would like to be able to import Adobe Xd Files into After Effects, to create animations in your app design. Furthermore, it would be great if you can use these animations from After effects in Adobe Xd to prototype your app.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to be able to invert and keyframe the freeze area mask in the liquify effect, so that it effects the deformation

It would be great to be able to invert and keyframe the freeze area mask in the liquify effect, so that its effect on the deformation throughout the animation can change, rather than just being a "stencil" for individual brush strokes being applied.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Split Position property for Objects and Groups in Shape Layer -> Contents

Splitting the position property in Layer Transform is super useful, but it is sorely missed for Shape Layer Objects and Groups.
    Free beer (in Oslo, Norway) to whoever implements it.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create bulleted text lists easily

If several lines of text could be bulleted, easily placed in the right position relative to eachother and animated as a group or individually more like in Powerpoint, that would be so helpful.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1.Use actions (animation presets) from PS in AE

Have PS action inspired effects if its easy

(control layer)

Pick-wip with a percentage or inverse value select effected (makes parallax easier)

Control layer (add more functionality to a pick-wip or adjustment layer) So it has.... you think it up

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make pupet tools compatible with master property

Hi !
    I have tested the new system of master property on nested compositions.

I would like to use it for rigging character, but the pupet tool doesn't working for now.

The concept is great, i think but very limited without this basic feature !
    Could you make this system compatible to pupet tools, please.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Indent First Line

it would be great to be able to script or animate paragraph settings, like indentations.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Preference for changing the default temporal interpolation

I can already change the default spatial interpolation to linear if I don't like Auto Bezier or Continuos Bezier. Unfortunately I cannot change the default temporal interpolation which always points to linear. It would be so great to have a preference where I can change the default to Auto Bezier.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base