After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make PNG + Alpha the default setting for .png file types when choosing to render to a png sequence

Please can we make make PNG + Alpha the default setting for .png file types when choosing to render to a png sequence. I dont think Ive ever rendered to png without using alpha.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve PNG Sequences

I'm seeing it more & more, especially when I do a Time-Reverse layer. Sometimes my PNG Sequences have random blank frames where my art should be visible. Sometimes zooming in & back out again fixes it, sometimes not. It's incredibly frustrating.

SIDENOTE: Your hyperlink to "Bug Reports" on forums.adobe.com is broken. It's probably a mis-typed link.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Über keyframes for tracked mask path animation

When tracking a mask path or import a shape data from Mocha, keyframes are created in every frame. Further tweaking of the animation is nearly impossible because only a single keyframe can be modified. We need Mocha-like "über keyframes" to modify the whole shape animation or a group of keyframes.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Advanced Puppet Issue

The new "advanced puppet" is coming into act as a force. The user must be able to set all the future pin creations to either Legacy or Advanced. As the Advanced Puppet tool does not support "Starch" it is not usable for a savvy animator anymore. It does have other good funcations probably but as far as character animation is concerned, without starch tool, you lose the desired workflow.

Hope this get fixed in the new update.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Deform layer along path

Deforming an object along a spline/path is a pretty basic feature in any 3D application, and it would be quite useful to have this functionality built into After Effects. It would make animating custom strokes and lines far easier and simpler.

Basically, build the functionality of this plugin into AE:
    https://aescripts.com/bao-boa/

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Width Tool

Why not create a width tool like the one available in After Effects?

This would improve the freedom of creativity, and we would stop making characters with straight arms, geometric shapes, etc. I know that Animate CC exists, but the options offered by AE are infinitely better and easier than An. If you make an animation in AE, with figures created in AI, it is very noticeable that you have done with these two programs. We all have to do it in the same way, and that bothers me.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. animation key notes or tags

You could grab a set of keys, and then tag them with note to mark a specific action, like "bounce" or "wave."
    Then you wouldn't be completely lost trying to look through all of your keys.
    A search function would be handy too.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Data file import fail

After installing the latest version of AE 15.1.0 (Build 166) on Windows 10, the importing of JSON files and other data files doesn´t work. It was working perfectly on the previous version. Now it says that my file is not a valid JSON file but it is the same file as before. Also it says: "conversion to mgjson using converter comma delimited value with id com.adobe.sensor.csv failed".

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keyframes for Motion Graphics Templates

It would really be nice to have keyframes (In Premiere Pro) for your Master Properties in Motion Graphics Templates exported from After Effects.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bugs everywhere

The new versione 2019 is the buggest version ever. The undo/redo function 80% of the time doesn't work properly. The new puppet tool's starch is pretty useless without control for choose the control area. Expecially for rigging purpose. All the puppet tool, after insert 1 or 2 pin, don't let you to insert any other pin and don't update your action, at least you don't zoom or restart after effects. I'm an after effects lover, but this release is bringing me to seriously evaluate to leave all the Adobe products. Any new version is worst than the previous one.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this report.

It would be most helpful if you broke out these different problems into different reports. This UserVoice platform is most useful when every post represents a single problem or feature request, and thus can be voted on individually.

For each of these issues, can you please also provide more details?

For the Undo/Redo problem, when does the problem occur? What steps do you take before Undo/Redo does not work? What specific step are you trying to undo or redo?

For the Puppet effect problems, can you elaborate on what you mean by “pretty useless without control for choose the control area”? With the problem of placing pins, what steps do you take before the problem occurs? It would probably be helpful if you provided a project that demonstrates the issues, or at least a screenshot or screen recording.

11. bring back DXV and HAP!

if you they are not bought back soon , il be forced to cancel my subscription and revert back to cs6

this is a massive ***** up by you guys and you have added on huge amounts of time on to the creative studios workflows for those who cater to the live events industry because of this.

Very Unhappy

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix/allow H264 animated textures in C4D to work with Cineware.

Cineware does not work with MP4 animated textures from Cinema. Shows a yellow texture instead of the video.

PNG sequences work.

C4D version: R19
    AE: 2018 15.1.1

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. After Effect Flash integration

Hi, Please Please add functionality to export xfl from after effect to flashCC or maybe a new feature which integrates the two program better.

PS: I am in a company where size of the animation file is huge issue. most people use flash and i use after Effect, i suspect i might get fired soon.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it possible to separate dimensions in After Effects puppet properties.

Make it possible to separate dimensions in After Effects puppet properties, so that we can change the value graph using handles.
    The speed graph is unintelligible for animation.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Path points not editable or stretching attributes

I'm experiencing strange bugs in the path item on a shape layer.

When I make a two point path (a line) I can no longer go back to edit those points, most of the time. The other times it creates strange affects to other attributes, such as stroke. Stretching the stroke instead of redrawing it at the same width across the path.

I tested in 2017, and initial tests show the expected result, the points are editable and the stroke shows up the right way. But the 2018 version is acting totally different.

A video to show what I'm experiencing…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Summary Keyframe track that is editable.

I would like a keyframe track which shows all the keyframes in a layer in a single track. All selectable and moveable.

This is fairly common in 3D programs and is a good way of moving a lot of keyframes without having to reveal and select them all individually. Often times in revisions it is necessary to move large blocks of keyframes as a group. This would make that process much easier.

This already happens to some extend when there are a number of keyframes within a collapsed property (transform, contents, etc), but it's purely cosmetic for reference. They can't…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add shift frame to sequence layers

Sequence Layers command is very useful but not very fast to use. Most of the time I use it to shift layers of a few frame: I must select all layers, cut them, sequence layers and the trim back all layers to the end.
    It would be easier if you can add a sort of Shift time in the Sequence Layers Window, so we can choose how many frames to shift the in point of the next layer than the previous one.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Crashes on load every time, absolutely unusable. Tried all the usual tricks, this is an extreme issue.

Crashes on load every time, absolutely unusable. Tried all the usual tricks, this is an extreme issue.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Alt-Click Value To Set Expression

Similar to clicking the stopwatch to open up expression panel, Alt Click A value of a property to open up the expression panel but only need to set the value of the alt-clicked expression:

Example:
    Alt clicking y-value in position would lead to the following expression added automatically:

[transform.position[0], ]

and now you just have to fill in the y expression (time-saving)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CC Twister - Shading Problem

In the 2018 version of After Effects, having the shading checkbox checked in the CC Twister effect panel worked as expected. After upgrading to 2019 After Effects, having the shading checkbox checked caused the element to blow way up and once the twist had completed, the location had shifted on the screen as well. The element using the CC Twister Effect is an imported Illustrator asset. By unchecking the shading checkbox, all went back to normal. Any ideas why?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base