After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Offset Paths used with Trim Paths. Can no longer reverse path direction.

If you create an ellipse shape layer, then add an Offset Paths effect, adjust the offset amount, apply a Trim Paths effect, animate the end amount, then try to reverse the path direction, nothing happens. If you hide the Offset Paths effect, you can see the reverse path direction working fine. Seems like a bug?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyesffmfhzowrir/Screen%20Cap%20Offset%20Paths%20error.mp4?dl=0

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. mgJSON schema full of typos and errors.

Hi, I am working with the JSON schema that defines the format for mgJSON files. I took the schema from the Sensor Manager SDK (https://console.adobe.io/downloads/ae).

It turns out many keys in the document have spelling mistakes, so one never knows if the keys should be kept as they are or not. For example: hasExpectedFrequecyB, #/definitions/dyamicDataType, occuring

Besides that, when using a JSON schema validator to validate some input against the schema, the validator will complain about multiple design flaws in the original document.

Finally, the documentation Adobe provides regarding the mgJSON format is close to non existing. People…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. mgJSON schema full of typos and errors.

Hi, I am working with the JSON schema that defines the format for mgJSON files. I took the schema from the Sensor Manager SDK (https://console.adobe.io/downloads/ae).

It turns out many keys in the document have spelling mistakes, so one never knows if the keys should be kept as they are or not. For example: hasExpectedFrequecyB, #/definitions/dyamicDataType, occuring

Besides that, when using a JSON schema validator to validate some input against the schema, the validator will complain about multiple design flaws in the original document.

Finally, the documentation Adobe provides regarding the mgJSON format is close to non existing. People…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Even Dashes on stoked paths to match Illustrator

It would be awesome if After Effects handled dashed lines the same way Illustrator does with the option to force dashes to be symmetrical with the corners.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add an option to alt drag to copy & paste keyframes in timeline. Many blessing if you do. :)

Please add an option to alt drag to copy & paste keyframes in timeline. Many blessing if you do. :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bring back curve editors in the timeline stack

A long time ago, AE had the ability to show and edit multiple, separate velocity curves in the timeline stack, just like C4D still does. The graph editor is really bad at showing your curves in the context of other properties' keyframes. Switching to this separate window always gives me a sudden feeling of disconnect and unwanted focus, which is usually not what I want when tweaking interpolations. I'd love to keep the graph editor around, I just wish we had the old method as well.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Simple Modifier to Easing - More Ease or Less Ease

F9 and Shift F9 (I have set to easy-ease in/out) is the most used key on my keyboard. How about Instead of opening curve editor and clicking and dragging to modify the ease-in and out, you just press it again, to incrementally add a little more ease, and maybe have a modifier key to subtract a little ease. Easy enough right?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Advanced Puppet Issue

The new "advanced puppet" is coming into act as a force. The user must be able to set all the future pin creations to either Legacy or Advanced. As the Advanced Puppet tool does not support "Starch" it is not usable for a savvy animator anymore. It does have other good funcations probably but as far as character animation is concerned, without starch tool, you lose the desired workflow.

Hope this get fixed in the new update.

Thanks!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Restore the full support of the Animation Codec

In the 15.1 release After Effects removed the support for the Animation Codec with delta frames. It continues to support the Animation Codec without delta frames. This is an option within the codec window to set keyframes and it is checked by default. I would ask that both the non-keyframe and the keyframe option in the Animation codec be restored. Many of us 3D animators use the codec in it's default mode (delta enabled) and it would be very time consuming to transcode all out work. Thanks

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this request.

We have logged an internal feature request for adding support to the Animation codec for both encoding and decoding delta frames (a.k.a, the “Key frame every X frames” option). It is currently under review for future updates to the Adobe DVA products. At this time I can not share a timeline for when this might happen.

10. Put the character animator physics engine into after effects

As character animator already has a good 2d physics engine with gravity and collisions why not implement it in Adobe's primary animation tool After Effects.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SVG-Animator / Export an Animation in SVG for Web

After Effects needs to have an option to export an Animation as SVG.
    SVG in comparison to GIF has much better quality and smaller File Size.

An option to export animations as SVG would revolutionize everything. For After Effects and Web-Design.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dynamic Keyframes

Would like to use expressions to assign a value to a specific keyframe.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Control Curves in Graph Editor without Separating Dimensions

Being able to set positions keys, then control bezier handles in the graph editor without separating dimensions feels similar to many other graph editor systems. This could also eliminate the issue of tangents creating hard points in the curve because of the "Auto Bezier" interpolation. Allowing you to smooth them out where you see fit.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. overhaul text animators

I don't use text animators very regularly, but whenever I do I have to remind myself how they work with a tutorial. They feel like they were created long ago and they're really not intuitive to use. I'm not sure what the solution is but I feel like they could do with reviewing and I feel like the best option would be to start from scratch.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. FFD: Free Form Deformation

In most 3d programs (3dsmax, c4d...maya) there is an FFD tool that allows you to set a cage that causes deformation when the affected object passses through it. the cage position is independent of the object. This allows you to deform the object as it passes through the cage--picture a thick viscous fluid squeezing to fit through a funnel and then regaining its former shape once out of the funnel. Pixels are affected as they pass through the cage.

Current options like puppet and mesh warp's positions are tied to your object and cant achieve this same effect.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Separate the timeline and the curve editor

It would be really helpful to be able to animate seeing both at the same time...

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. features removed

It is beyond me why Adobe would remove features. In the least there should be an easy work around, and not force you through hoops (re-installing old versions, encoding multiple times, etc.). These are features I have been using for 20+ years and to suddenly remove them is very disruptive. At least provide a conversion app. I think Adobe and Apple are still not getting along.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix Motion path bezier handles

Fix the way motion path bezier handles work so it is more intuitive.

No After Effects I don't want these two keyframes which are right on top of each other to move. I Just want them to hold in the one position.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/li3eC

39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Convert to editable text" Sempre que clico, o After Effects CC 2019 fecha do nada. Não consigo usar, o que posso fazer?

Tenho um arquivo do PSD com texto criado no PSD, não está rasterizado.

Quando clico em "Convert to editable text" O After Effects CC 2019 fecha em sequencia.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. underline

Text should have underline option

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →