After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export to Animated PNG

It is long overdue to provide a direct export option either through the Adobe Media Encoder or Render Queue to render out a sequence as an Animated PNG and also Animated SVG formats as these are now more and more required for many web applications. It would save a lot of time in a workflow to have to export as a png sequence then use a third party application to import the png sequence and then export as an APNG.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import AI to AE: AI Layers to Precomps

For rigging and organization purposes, importing should be more tight. I guess every program in Suite can be integrated properly.

When you "export as" ai to psd, for instance, you find every path created on illustrator in a folder/subfolder inside the layers tab on photoshop.

This could be really useful if you prepare a tons of bones and parts in a rig workflow inside illustrator and try to import this project inside after effects.

In a nutshell, you should be able to import AI layers in After effects as precomps.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I can't double click and edit key frames anymore.

I can't double click and edit key frames anymore.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A keyframe that inherits its value from the previous keyframe

Imagine a scenario with 3 keyframes where an object holds position for a second (1-2) then moves to a new position (2-3). To adjust the object hold position, you must edit keyframes 1 and 2. If you forget to update keyframe 2 you no longer have a hold. With this type of inheritance keyframe, you'd only have to worry about adjust keyframe 1, and keyframe 2 would automatically follow along.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please Bring back the 3d-ray tracing in after effects new version

Some of our old plugins and presets still working only with 3d-ray tracing.
    not only me I know lots of people who need this.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. ONION SKIN!!!

There needs to be an onion skin option for frame by frame drawing, it's not difficult!

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improved auto-tangents in curve editor

It's time to AE have a better curve editor with an option to auto-clamp and avoid unwanted overshooting and other weirdness.

Example attached.

Blender, for example, is an open source software that has a very clever way to manage tangents automatically.

And the source code for that is... well, OPEN. I know it's not as easy as I think, but having a working code available around at least reduces the "figuring it out" work... it's a starting point.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Separate Dimensions button in graph editor for sub layers' position animation in a shape layer (eg. text converted to shape layer)

It would be great if the separate dimensions button wasn't grayed out for separate positions of sub layers, would make a lot of sense

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hierarchy of Transform Properties on layer

Often when working with a layer one will want to control the layer's Transform properties themselves, but then also have additional transform control for that layer independent of the layer controls. Typically one would create a new Null and parent the layer to the Null, thus giving one another set of Transform property controls higher up in the hierarchy.

This can be useful in many situations, such as having a particular anchor point of the layer itself, but then another anchor point for more fine tuned controls (e.g., a squash and stretch for a bounce).

The current method of parenting…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. keyframe interpolation bug in Time remapping

Time remapping, with just two keyframes over long durations, introduces stutters of incorrect frames. It's not stepping. It's jumping to anther frame for a single frame, and jumping back.

adding a keyframe Near the glitched frame, fixes this.

It's a critical bug. needs to be fixed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A simple way to parent keyframes to markers

You should be able to link any keyframe to any marker in a comp, in the same way you can link/parent layers to one another. There are ways to do this using complex expressions, but a simple pick-whip style tool to quickly link keyframes and markers would be an absolute game-changer. Especially for complex files in need of frequent revisions.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. gradient falloff/influence on puppet tool pins

it would be amazing to have gradien falloff option for the influence distance from pin in puppet tool.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto Masker Using Find Edges, or More Stroke Capabilities.

I think it'd be Super Helpful if you Could Use Find Edges, to create Masks. idk if this makes sense though.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Strokes in shape layers should have a customisable end cap, rather than the three simple options currently available.

Strokes in shape layers currently offer three options for the end cap. It would be great if the end cap were customisable, either via beziers or with an importable artwork. This would make stroke animation much more powerful and useful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Motion Sketch Audio is STILL broken.

Please fix Motion Sketch. The Audio has been broken for FIVE YEARS.

I have to record the video on my phone, play it back and start the recording and the motion sketch at the same time just to work around this issue.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Convert text layers to masks should honour right to left text

After Effects has the built-in feature to convert text layers into masks, and shape layers. Currently, the conversion always takes place on a left to right basis. However now that After Effects supports right to left text, and paragraphs can be created with R-T-L text, the conversion process should honour this setting and create the masks in reverse order. (NOTE that this is not as simple as reversing the mask order, as a single character may be comprised of several masks with various mask modes. The characters need to be created in right-to-left order.)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to quantize keyframes when time stretching with Alt key

Time stretching with the Alt/Opt key is a great way to quickly adjust the length of an animation, but it almost always leads to subframe positioning of keyframes. There are plenty of scripts out there to fix the results of this problem (I use KEYboard), but it would be great if we could avoid this problem all together by holding the Shift key after we start Alt+Dragging. Shift would be in line with the existing behavior of snapping keys to other keys, layer in/out points, and marke

59 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3D Shape Layers: Repeater in Z space with random properties. Would be amazing!

This would be amazing if the repeater option could also apply for Z dimension when the layer is turned to 3D. A random option for each dimension would be amazing as well! Especially since the repeater is not available in C4D lite, this would be such a game changer for mograph effects involving basic shapes in 3D! Would be good as the next thing after adding taper options on strokes. It's such a shame that the shapes tools are so under developped in After Effects.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3D Shape Layers: Repeater in Z space with random properties. Would be amazing!

This would be amazing if the repeater option could also apply for Z dimension when the layer is turned to 3D. A random option for each dimension would be amazing as well! Especially since the repeater is not available in C4D lite, this would be such a game changer for mograph effects involving basic shapes in 3D! Would be good as the next thing after adding taper options on strokes. It's such a shame that the shapes tools are so under developped in After Effects.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. attempt to get an item address from a position outside of list length error (27 :: 15)

i am unable to edit curves on my keyframes after only a 15 second mark. this is my first attempt in learning animation via after effects. this has seriously disrupted my workflow as i am unable to finish the animation without making it look inconsistent and like a mess past that point. please help, ive tried restarting the application and even my computer and this error is continuously brought up.

to clarify: i am able to edit the graphs of easy eased keyframes before the 15 second mark. but any new keyframes i create, i am unable to edit the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base