After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trim Paths Delay

It would be great to be able to set a time delay when using Trim Paths when set to individually. Having the ability to adjust when the next successive path starts would be a huge help.

Currently when set to animate individually the paths are animated one at a time and ONLY when the previous path has finished. Being able to set that value would be such a time saver.

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shape trim paths should come after taper and wave operations

Using trim paths, I'm trying to animate a shape stroke that has a taper added to the start and end of the stroke. Taper is calculated relative to the length of the stroke, which AE recognises as changing according to the percentage completion of the trim paths.

This might be what you'd want some of the time, but I just want to animate the stroke like a pen mark being written on. The line left by a pen nib would not be shifting its thickness as it is being drawn on.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I can't double click and edit key frames anymore.

I can't double click and edit key frames anymore.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. After Effects slow save

After Effects /// For several months now, it has been taking too long to save a project (.aep).
    This problem began in March 2019, when I was using CC 2015.
    I have updated the program but the problem still continues: CC 2017, CC2018, CC2019, 2020.
    In previous versions, saving the project only took a few seconds. Now, it takes more than a minute.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export to Animated PNG

It is long overdue to provide a direct export option either through the Adobe Media Encoder or Render Queue to render out a sequence as an Animated PNG and also Animated SVG formats as these are now more and more required for many web applications. It would save a lot of time in a workflow to have to export as a png sequence then use a third party application to import the png sequence and then export as an APNG.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please Bring back the 3d-ray tracing in after effects new version

Some of our old plugins and presets still working only with 3d-ray tracing.
    not only me I know lots of people who need this.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Convert text to paths

It would be great if there was a function to convert a text into paths (just like in Illustrator), so I can create a graffiti painting animation for example. I know that I could trace the text by path, but it would be fine, or rather it would save a lot of time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Import AI to AE: AI Layers to Precomps

For rigging and organization purposes, importing should be more tight. I guess every program in Suite can be integrated properly.

When you "export as" ai to psd, for instance, you find every path created on illustrator in a folder/subfolder inside the layers tab on photoshop.

This could be really useful if you prepare a tons of bones and parts in a rig workflow inside illustrator and try to import this project inside after effects.

In a nutshell, you should be able to import AI layers in After effects as precomps.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use Character Animators detailed facial tracking

I do a lot of detailed facial tracking for my content. It would literally save me days of work if AE was able to track face points as quickly as CH does.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. loop mask keyframes

It would be great if mask keyframes were loopable using the loopOut (or In) expression.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Separate Dimensions button in graph editor for sub layers' position animation in a shape layer (eg. text converted to shape layer)

It would be great if the separate dimensions button wasn't grayed out for separate positions of sub layers, would make a lot of sense

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. After Effects not responding to save and Lack of Complaints Process.

After Effects refused to save on a project with a tight deadline im working on.

Didn't respond, thought it may have been due to me using large files so continued on.
    After Effects further won't let me save so now the project is useless and I have wasted 8 hours work.

Yes I should save, its usually the first thing I do. But also a program that I pay good money for shouldn't stop working over night.

I'm also appalled at the lack of formal complaints process. And that I have to use this public forum to complain is quite…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A keyframe that inherits its value from the previous keyframe

Imagine a scenario with 3 keyframes where an object holds position for a second (1-2) then moves to a new position (2-3). To adjust the object hold position, you must edit keyframes 1 and 2. If you forget to update keyframe 2 you no longer have a hold. With this type of inheritance keyframe, you'd only have to worry about adjust keyframe 1, and keyframe 2 would automatically follow along.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Smart Baking" of expressions/keyframes

It would be wonderful to have "smart bake"-type options (a la Maya) in converting expressions to keyframes, where instead of creating a keyframe for every frame, it only bakes the expressions to existing keyframes (i.e. a "wiggled" property would only bake in the wiggled values on frames where keyframes currently exist). Further options would be welcome, as well, such as the ability to create new/baked keyframes every x frames (for example, if the expression to be baked is posterize time, set at 6 fps, you could convert the expression to keyframes, but only create a new keyframe every 6 frames…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Strokes in shape layers should have a customisable end cap, rather than the three simple options currently available.

Strokes in shape layers currently offer three options for the end cap. It would be great if the end cap were customisable, either via beziers or with an importable artwork. This would make stroke animation much more powerful and useful.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Motion Sketch Audio is STILL broken.

Please fix Motion Sketch. The Audio has been broken for FIVE YEARS.

I have to record the video on my phone, play it back and start the recording and the motion sketch at the same time just to work around this issue.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ONION SKIN!!!

There needs to be an onion skin option for frame by frame drawing, it's not difficult!

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copy/Paste keyframes on multiple layers

Please add the ability to copy/paste a multi layer keyframe selection. When all properties exist on both layer - just add the keyframes, when properties don't exist, copy the effects along.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Snapping keyframes to time indicator with 'shift'

This is a functionality I had for years, but doesn't work anymore.Is there a new preference I can't seem to find for this?

I have snapping enabled in the top toolbar.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Quickly zoom/jump to active keyframes in the graph editor

In the graph editor you have the very useful 'auto-zoom graph height' button. It re-centers your graph view to your selected keyframes. I just wish I could assign a keyboard shortcut to it as I find myself doing it all the time.

In C4D you can just press the H button to do this and it's so useful!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base