Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. NVENC HEVC is not affected by "complexity" setting

When setting the quality of HEVC it has no effect on the rendertime. Highest setting takes way longer when rendering in software but when using hardware, the rendering time is always the same.
    I think there is a bug because why is a thing to select when it has no effect?

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. work area

Why does AME default to render only work area? It makes no sense. It should default to entire composition. At least let the user set Entire Composition as default, as was possible in earlier versions of AE, when we could use the render queue.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. MP4 H264 not in the list of formats for export

MP4 H264 Hformat not in the list however it's in the list of premiere

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: "Match Source" resizes video

When trying to encode a 4920x180 source into an MP4 using "Match Source" preset, it resizes the video down to 4096x180 (adding black bars on top and bottom). "Match Source" should respect the original size.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change text tip referring to an 'Add Source Button'.

There is no such button. There is however a '+' button.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG! Media Encoder Freezes my entire screen, and forces me to shut my computer!

This has happened many times since I've updated to the latest version of Media Encoder 14.3 (Build 39). I'd place a video in the Queue and hit Play and it will start the first frame and then freeze my entire machine only letting me move the mouse, but can't click anything or use my keyboard to try to force quit or anything, and the only way to get out of it is to force shut off my iMac and restart the machine.

I've had this issue happen to me over 10 times already!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ALL APPS. resize to screen size easily when going from large monitor to small

My 4096x2160 monitor just died. I am having to use a 1920x1080 monitor, Illustrator and Media ancoder windows are still huge and there is no way, other than deleting preference files to get them to normal size. Windows size button is top right, off screen and window base is off lower screen so no way of resizing windows

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Launching Lightroom resets shared media cache location for Pr, Ae, Au and Me

Hi,
    By simply launching the latest Lightroom Classic (9.3), it will set the shared media caches locations for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and Media Encoder to the default Lightroom video cache location.

/Users/{USERNAME}/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Video

Even though Lightroom's own media cache location might be custom set to something else.

Running the latest app versions available on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Does this also mean that the rather small cache size limitations usually set in lightroom now apply to the video editing apps shared cache too? Will Lightroom also delete cache files from Pr, Ae, Au, Me ?

This bug has been reported…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sort queue options

Please give me the option to sort the render queue by name, date added, or even video length. Right now, to reorder the queue, I can only do it by dragging processes up and down.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make 14.3 work on my Macs

Make it open instead of crashing on start up

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Apple Prores encoding limited to 60fps

I cannot encode my 120fps footage to apple prores file because since the version 2020 it is limited to 60fps and that is so frustrating because you could do that before with no problems. Why did you do such a thing. This needs to be corrected asap.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Temporary .AAC or .M4V files don't delete after .MP4 is done exporting.

I have been having this problem lately that when exporting After Effects files through Media Encoder with multiple projects that the .AAC or .M4V temporary files don't vanish after the .MP4 is ready with exporting.
    Attached is my .EPR file that I use.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add option to render a specific file/queue at a specific time.

I would like to schedule the posting of files to social media at specific times.
    Add an option to render at a specific file at a specific time. or to start the queue at a specific time.
    I would like to schedule the posting of files to social media at specific times throughout the day and evening.
    I know that most social media have the ability to schedule a post to publish at a specific time. Can the AME access these parts of the APK? If not then can it just process the rendering of a file at a preset…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Rotate and flip videos

it will be usefull to have the chance to rotate the videos, so you can do it faster, whitout the need of other adobe software

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ISSUE: Updated AME can't connect to Dynamic Link Server to render AE compositions

I've been trying to import a composition from AE into the AME Render Que. Usually, this has worked perfectly, but after today's (15 April) update, the dynamic link connection seems to be having issues.

I keep getting the error message "Could not read from the source. Please check your settings"

The only way to get the file even into the AME render que is by first adding it to the AE render que and choosing "Que with AME". Trying to import it from either the "File" or "Composition" menus in AE or the media browser in AME just leads to…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Drastic Difference in Color Rendering from Premiere

There is a drastic color difference when exporting via AME, compared with exporting directly from Premiere. See attached photos. I literally changed nothing on the timeline, but it's handled completely differently. This has happened to me twice in the last month, both from h.264 clips and ProRes 422 clips with Lumetri effects.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multi CPU Settings

Add a setting to allow selection of the number of CPUs to use when rendering.

I have a new machine and it has 18 physical cores. It is not using very many of them to render. Seems like if Media Encoder was able to use more of the power available it would work much faster. Much faster.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. /documents prefs + iCloud sync now causes hard system crash

because Adobe stores your prefs in ~user/documents I noticed on multiple occasions my computer consistently crashes when encoding. After moving the prefs and symlinking the folder out of the iCloud sync location it has fixed the problem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Parallel transcoding when using watch folders

When multiple users start transcoding processes the second user who started his transcoding has to wait till the first one is finished. It would be great if multiple transcoding tasks could be worked on simultaneously.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base