Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Media Encoder 100% CPU usage at idle when projects with linked comps in queue

When PR sequences with AE linked comps are queued in Media Encoder the CPU usage goes to 100% seemingly forever unless those items are cleared from queue. This happens before and after the queued sequences are completed rendering when the program should be at idle

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. LUT name is not displaying properly in saved encoding preset

Problem: I create a media encoder encoding preset. I go to the effects tab in the presets settings window and turn on the checkbox for the Lumetri Look/LUT option - I then select a custom LUT in Lumetri Look/LUT drop down. When I save this preset into the preset brower and go back into the settings for this saved preset - the Lumetri Look/LUT option is still checked but it says "NONE" under the applied dropdown. This is a bug as the LUT is enabled which you can tell if you turn on and off the checkbox - the LUT…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please provide correct estimated rendering time when audio normalization is enabled

Estimated rendering time goes way off when you select some audio processing - like EBU128 normalization. It can show you hours, when in reality it might take 20 minutes. And then, when rendering video after audio is done it can show you that 4 minutes left, when in reality it will take 35 minutes. Everything ok is when you don't use audio normalization, estimation is around accurate.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve quality of the AVCIntra Ecoder

We just had an issue during QC: there was an obvious low quality shot in our AVCIntra100 file export.

We came from a ProRes4444 HD master file and used Premiere 15.1.0 and AME to encode the braodcast deliveries. But the result is a low detail image with artifacts and loss of details.

We use the "ARD-ZDF HDF02a-1.1" Profile and just changed the Scan Order (to Progressive) and enabled the "Render on Maximum Depth" and "Use Maximum Render Quality" checkbox. We are on MacOS 10.15 and tested it on 10.14 and Premiere CC 2020 too. Same result.

We did the same…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Media Encoder 15.1 - 300% slower then old Version

Since Update to 15.1 my project takes 4 Hours to render in 4K H264, with the old Versions it was done in 1 Hour and 10 Min.

GPU: Nvidia 1080 TI
    Driver: 466.11

Usage: MP4 Footage 4K + Lumetri + some small AE Overlays

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. automatic variable frame rate adjustment

automatic variable frame rate adjustment.

It would be really nice to have an extremely simple option checked at render time. This option would be used to automatically adjust all sequences with variable frame rates (for example one sequence at 30 / fps and another at 60 / fps in the timeline)

This would therefore allow us to no longer worry about which fps is present in our assembly. A simple click and the software takes care of itself forcing the frame rate of all images to the right frequency while synchronizing the sound.

(sorry for mistakes, I use google translate)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to set alignment in NAME overlay preset

Sure i can make a preset to put the overlay in a specific place, but they are always center justified. So for longer names, it has to be adjusted each time - which is like not having a preset at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow the creation of 100p Proxies

I shoot 4K, 100p, 4.2.2 10-Bit footage with my Sony A7SIII and would like to be able to use Proxies, but this appears to be impossible as the max supported is 60p. This seems a crazy limitation to me, can 100p and 120p be supported for proxies please, please, please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. UI変更。スクロールによる自動パネル最小化。

UI変更。スクロールによる自動パネル最小化。
    Media Encoderをワークスペース変更で使いやすく、シンプルに変更しました。更に書き出しプリセットの設定を改善したいです。現状は、書き出し設定の形式は一度選択するとパネルが開いたまま邪魔になり、煩わしいです。パネルが閉じた状態が使いやすく設定が捗りますが、常時閉じていては変換の際の事故に繋がります。

なので流し見をした後、そのままスクロールにより下へ移動した際に書き出し設定のパネルが自動で閉じるような機能があっても良いと思いました。是非ご検討よろしくお願いします。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Audio scrubbing/listening in Media Encoder

I have been using Media encoder for years and It would be great to hear audio when scrubbing to set in and out points in Media encoder. I use this product almost every day and it’s hard to tell where to set I/O points when you can’t hear audio. I have to open it elsewhere just to determine I/O points. I use this a lot to export footage to use directly on our delivery platform where I don’t have to edit anything, just need content from beginning to end (public meetings and such). We always start recording a little earlier…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Audio out of sync when exporting through Media Encoder

I've been editing some videos that come from IGTV recording, I always put them through HandBrake before opening it on Premiere to prevent any frame rate problems.

At first everything worked fine and Media Encoder exported it brilliantly (H264), saving me a lot of time. But out of nowhere all of my videos started having audio out of sync problems. The funny part is that is that the audio on the exported video starts as if it were the master video from where I extracted the smaller videos I edit.

I've already tried clearing Media Enconder cache, but it didn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve quality for batch exports out of premier through media encoder.

I am losing a lot more quality doing batch exports out of premier and into media encoder. I am losing a lot of my font weight. So words that were visible are not visible anymore. This happens in the chain from premier to media encoder. I know this because I will export out of premier and then compress with media encoder, and I don't have the issue any more. But for now I have to export individually out of premier and not use media encoders batch process, for sake of quality. All exports were made with the same bitrate and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Media encoder/Premiere

Olá equipe adobe, estou com alguns problemas de qualidade nos prores, vocês teriam uma ferramenta de conferencia? Quality check?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Media Browser: See within Folder Hierarchy

Add an option to see footage from the top of a folder hierarchy. This would be a great addition to the AME media browser for adding footage from multiple locations, quickly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [BUG] AME not importing old render presets upon update

Just updated from AME 2020 to 2021. Render Presets are gone. Nothing there 😒

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [BUG] Brightness / blackpoint shift when rendering from AE

The blackpoint created in the MP4 is about 5 percent higher than the original. See images attached. It's not much, but it's nasty. And I hate it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Render blocked

Hello,

I have been trying to render a rendering since this morning.
    Impossible, rendering still hangs after a while.

I get stuck in my work.

Can someone help me please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base