Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Position and scale export incorrectly from Media Encoder

BUG! Position and scale export incorrectly from Media Encoder- they differ in exports from Media Encoder vs Premeire. Noticed in 2019 and 2020 versions of both programs!

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have the Creative Cloud desktop app have a look at Media Encoders' watch folded

It might be an idea to have the Creative Cloud desktop app have a look at Media Encoders' watch folded and start running Media Encoder as soon as a file is added to the Watch Folder.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mouse scroll functions do not change settings selected in drop down menus

Will you make it so that you CANNOT accidentally change a setting (Sample Rate, Sample Size, Codec, etc...) just because your curse happens to be on the selection when trying to scroll to down to other options on the settings window?

Unless I'm click on those drop downs to actually change them, I don't want them to change.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. dolby digital plus & dolby true HD 5.1 sound .

Video and audio encoder with dolby digital plus & dolby true HD 5.1 sound for adobe Premier pro & media encoder.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix deinterlacing

Please fix deinterlacing on video's. The deinterlacing looks very cheap, lots of jitters and sharp edges.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG Can not export from AE to AME

I can't export MP4 from After Effects over Adobe Media Encoder.
    I have two identical projects with different fonts, English and Chinese.
    The English works, the Chinese not. So the only difference is the font...
    When I drag the aep manually from the AME folder it says "This project could not be opened"
    Font is SimHei

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Error handling project with RE:Vision Effects DE:Noise V3

New Media Encoder shows an error 'source not found' for projects, using RE:Vision Effects DE:Noise V3.
    deleting plug-in can encode.
    but even disable this plug-in will make Media Encoder with 'source not found' error.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't crash on basic render

a 45 second animation created entirely with After Effects and the standard tools and presets it comes with should not crash several hours into a render. Nor should it fail to add to the Media Queue sometimes. Nor should it fail if you were to do a render from within After Effects or Media Encoder without giving an indication it is struggling or what the issue is.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug - Media Encoder not rendering track matte's from After Effects... Still.

Media encoder is still ignoring track mattes setup in AE. When rendering, rendering said file with a track matte results in a cropped square instead of the required shape (in this case a circle). I've been seeing discussions of this issue since 2014. Doubling up on renders just to get around this bug is an appalling workflow bug. Rendering to Media Encoder continues to be unreliable.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Drag clips from sequence into media encoder

Currently there is no way to export individual clips from a Premiere Pro sequence while keeping any changes/effects that were made in the Effects Control panel window.

It would be great to simply drag and select all of the clips in a premiere pro sequence, then drag them into Media Encoder, or open them in Media encoder so that they all show up as individual clips to export.

This would be a great way to batch export clips WITH effects and changes for social media re-purposing, after using the new ReFrame feature in Premiere Pro. (from going from 16:9 Horizontal…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Estimated time remaining for proxy generation

Adding an estimated time remaining to the batch processing of proxies so an editor knows a rough idea of when they can come back to the workstation to begin editing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ISSUE: Updated AME can't connect to Dynamic Link Server to render AE compositions

I've been trying to import a composition from AE into the AME Render Que. Usually, this has worked perfectly, but after today's (15 April) update, the dynamic link connection seems to be having issues.

I keep getting the error message "Could not read from the source. Please check your settings"

The only way to get the file even into the AME render que is by first adding it to the AE render que and choosing "Que with AME". Trying to import it from either the "File" or "Composition" menus in AE or the media browser in AME just leads to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Import of image sequence .exr to clip is not using fps set in preferences, always import at 12.5 fps

Import of image sequence .exr to clip is not using fps set in preferences, always import at 12.5 fps and shows the wrong colors especially in 2019 version.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make renders GPU Intensive

When rendering a queue, I check in Task Manager, CPU is on 100%, GPU around 0%!
    Many people have good VGA cards, while most of them own 7700, 8700 or 9700 at most, even having a few more CPU cores is not an advantage if compared to GPU based rendering.
    So why both Media Encoder & Premiere just use CPU to render/export rather than GPU?!
    In Media Encoder last version > Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU... is selected by default, but no effect, am I doing anything wrong?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. half input

Instead of choosing between "same as source" or a custom resolution.

Id would be great with a simple "half of input resolution" option when choosing resolution

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. XML Import with undefined PAR should default to 1.0

XML Imported into Adobe Media Encoder with a timeline resolution of 1920x1080 with an undefined Pixel Aspect Ratio should default to 1.0

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Date of rendered movies.

Hello,

if i encode a video in Media Encoder the result of the encoded movie has a different date of publish. For example: if i have a movie that was rendered out at April 9th , the encoded movie has a date one day BEFORE. At this example April 8th.
    So how can i fix this?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remember last outputfolder

When using AME as a render for AE, it's unpleasant to set the output folder for each queued item. A preference to make AME behave like AE (output to the previous set folder) would be nice and time saving.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Media Encoder not rendering After Effects Files after Mac OS update

Please fix whatever bug is preventing Media encoder from rendering my comps from after effect. It stopped working correctly right after I updated Mac OS this morning.

Hangs on "Connecting to project..."

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG: 2020 does not read 23.978 timecode

2020 cannot create TC Burn properly for 23.98 footage.

AME 2019 can. Same file. I have to use AME 2019 to make proxies and TC burn videos. Sad face.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base