Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to delete or hide System Presets

It would be great to have the ability to delete (or hide) System Presets. I will never use 99% of them and their existence makes it so I have to scroll up to get to my own presets, which although minor, wastes time. And/or have the ability to make my own preset the default so I don't have to scroll so much. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Media Encoder doesn't works

After the last update, Media Encoder stopped working. The program opens but does nothing. When I try to export from Premiere or AE to Encoder, the program opens but nothing happens. The same when I set proxies or transcode in Premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 10bit encoding using GPU,

Please improve 10bit encoding using GPU, at the moment you dont support 10bit export, I have tried for the last 4-5 days to keep 10 bit all the hdr rec2020 and use hardware encoding which reverts back to software encoding which is no good very slow , 10bit 4k with hdr rec2020 is the way forward and include in you adobe media centre + adobe premier pro for a new pre-set for this, when I select x265 custom pre-set and select main 10 , tier high, rec2020, hdr, and include hdr10, straight away I receive a message , your system…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add GIF output controls similar to Photoshop's Save for Web (Legacy) function

Currently Media Encoder outputs gifs, but doesn't include any meaningful controls over its size, bitrate or color depth. Because of this, I (and I assume most others as well) don't use Media Encoder's gif export at all and instead bring videos into Photoshop to create gifs.

Please add more controls over gif output in Media Encoder and Premiere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Video stopped and audio chopped off

The last couple of days of been experiencing an issue in Adobe Media Encoder 2021 with the audio stops or is cut off during playback, different cut off time for each file, even if same duration. Tested multiple audio files and projects in AE.

Started to get some files where the entire video stops, actually the mp4 is playing back the timeline is moving but the video and audio stop.

I'm having to render out from AE to an intermediate codec like AppleRes, then take those into the previous Media Encoder 2020 and create the mp4 outputs. That seems to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Release RAM after export completes

Media Encoder continues to hold onto system RAM after export completes even if files / jobs are removed from the queue:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. BUG: Encoding to MP4 H264 with AAC audio results in the audio being moves about 1088 samples earlier. This is in version 15.4

Encoding to MP4 H264 with AAC audio results in the audio being moves about 1088 samples earlier. This is in version 15.4.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Nvidia hardware encoder on Windows strips NCLC color tags from source files

When using the new Hardware Encoding option for MP4s, NCLC color tag metadata isn't properly copied from the source files to the resulting files while the software encoder does properly copy NCLC tags.

This has the potential to cause certain video players (specifically Quicktime/Finder on MacOS) to display color spaces incorrectly so much care must be taken to be sure this is not happening when delivering.

We will continue to use the Software Encoding in the meantime even though it is much slower.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Customize settings without waiting for a preview

AME takes a lot of time for Dynamic Link, if only a setting needs to be customized for a Queue Item.
    I think it has to do with generating a preview. But most of the time, this preview is not needed. So please, let us change simple numbers in the settings without the Dynamic Link hazzle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add audio format .odd from telegram.

It is not possible to use audio recordings from
    "telegram" in .odd format.

Used program (Adobe Media Encoder and Adobe Priemier)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. email batch notification

It would be nice if the app could send an email to a specified address once processing finishes

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG - Media Encoder file size export is inconsistent with multiple versions of the same file.

I have 1 video file and 27 different languages to export for that file. Queue in ME and export, almost every file is a different size. When exporting from Premiere, all 27 files are the same exact size. Interestingly, the last file exported by ME is the size of each file exported by Premiere.

I wouldn't know if the issue is caused by the XML created by Premiere for ME to read or if this is an issue with ME. My files need to be within a 1 frame duration to pass. As of now, the best way to achieve…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BUG: Re-rendered After Effects files often cause error retrieving frame during export.

When working on projects with AE renders, I'll often have to modify them after a draft is submitted. I'll render to the same file name so they'll automatically pop into the PP timeline. This will randomly cause an error in Media Encoder. The actual AE render is not corrupt. 99% of the time simply going back into PP and playing the clip will fix the problem and the same ME queue item reset will render correctly. Doesn't seem to matter if it's Alpha channel or not, always using either ProRes or DNx.

This is not a new problem - I've…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. time interpolation no longer works for imported videos

Applying time interpolation (optical flow or blending) used to work just fine for imported videos (I believe imported timelines from PP still work fine.) But they are no longer working for me. Encoding a video from 30fps to 60fps for example with time interpolation set to optical flow only creates a 60fps video with every other frame duplicated rather than creating new optical flow frames. As I said, this use to work fine but I just noticed it no longer does.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Media encoder - coloured render list

I think it would be great if you could add a colour label to your renders in media encoder, just like what automatically happens in After Effects when you have given your comps a specific colour.

This would help the user differentiate different sources/output when queuing up batches of videos.

It would be even better, if media encoder inherited the colour when rendering comps sent from After Effects.

Attached is a quick mockup. It would also be nice if this was taken a step further and the source name text was coloured too, or at least have an option in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug: media encoder crashes if character animator is open prior to opening ME on m1 macbook airs

Bug: If Character Animator is open, and you attempt to open media encoder, media encoder will stall and become unresponsive on an m1 macbook air. This is a consistent issue on over 38 macbook air's for the past 3 weeks.

Build 15.4.1

To solve, you need to close character animator, open media encoder (which now opens swimmingly fast), then re-open character animator and export.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Render alert

Send a text message or an email once something has finished rendering.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Media encoder files rendered from AE have a gamma shift. Contrast is washed out. Please FIX IT ASAP

Media encoder files rendered from AE have a gamma shift. Contrast is washed out. Please FIX IT ASAP.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Force encoder to finish it's job

It just stops encoding for no reason, the previous encoder would have been fine, this has happened on 2 occasions since the recent update.
    Please fix as this could seriously harm my work in future.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base