Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Read JSON files

It would be nice Media Encoder could read JSON files as ni es as After Effect. If you send a compo to render queue, it would be render text layers as “Io”. Hope you fix it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to convert HEIC files (standard on iOS) to anything.

Pretty unbelievable it doesn't work even after installing windows HEIC. Media encoder is a paid subscription and works well with after effects most the time. Media encoder however is subpar compared to free cloud converters when it comes to HEIC and GIF. What exactly happens to our subscription cost if a free software is able to create better results than a billion dollar corporation?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: Renders with missing media even though it is not missing

In Premiere, I can export a sequence with motion graphic templates and it renders correctly. If I send the same sequence to Media Encoder the media asset in the mogrt goes missing and does not prompt me it is missing it renders it with the media as color bars. I only noticed it in the render preview window in Media Encoder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. moving sources and encoded outputs

Hi, I would like to see an option in AMEs preferences to turn off that moving of sourcefiles. This makes it almost impossible to set up a workflow that relies on creating versions and using Proxies in After effects, since they are moved away. Just laeve everything where it is and create a textfile to check if a clip has been rendered already or not. Maxon does it very well with Teamrender. Please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. High Frame Rate transcoding does not go higher than 60fps

Plain and simple: bring back high frame rate encoding. It was in AME 2019 and at some point it was removed. Could this have anything to do with conforming to 'broadcast standards' related to timecode? As time code doesn't exist in formats faster than 60fps. Find a way around it because this is an essential editing feature request. ProRes is not solely for broadcast delivery, in fact it is the backbone of most editing pipelines who choose to not edit native.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix mercury engine!

Like premier pro media encoder destroys my projects. Made a slideshow with a few effects like an outline and a shadow.
    Result in media encoder is half all placements are off, effects only show up occasionally.
    Was pretty happy with photoshop and lightroom whihc is why i decided to use adobe products for video as well. The experience is plain bad, loses my time and costs quite a lot, even when not factoring in loss of time.
    Very much disappointed,
    Writing this while downloading da vinci resolve.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please allow ME to support SWF / FLA files directly.

Hi team, current support for Adobe Animate is not good at all. The workflow feels more like an improvised workaround: Animate is forced to convert SWFs to MOVs before sending them to Media Encoder which is really a problem because every video is effectively rendered twice, once in Animate and twice in ME; this on top of the fact that video rendering in Animate is painstakingly slow. This is what ME is supposed to do, offload the rendering process for Adobe's motion and video apps. SWF is the main output generated by Animate to this day, please support it properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Media Encoder 15.1 does not render all tracks to stereo AAC

Found a bug in Media Encoder 15.1.

User action:
    Try to transcode clip with 12 tracks of audio into stereo AAC in Media Encoder

Expected behavior: All 12 audio tracks get mixed down to two stereo tracks in exported clip

Actual behavior: Only first 6 tracks get mixed down to two stereo tracks, and tracks 7-12 are silenced

For what it's worth, trying the same thing out of Premiere 15.0.0 directly does actually work: all 12 tracks do correctly get mixed down into two stereo AAC tracks.

This is on Windows 10 19042.928.

Attached is an image of the track…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In newest media encoder version audio plugins dont render

It just renders the file as there was no audio effects on master track

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. auto delete finished file

I want the source file to be deleted automatically when the encoding (translation) process is finished. I translate a lot of videos. I'm running out of disk space. Therefore, when the encoding (translation) is finished, the source file (input file) should be deleted. just drop the output file. Such a setting is required in the AME program.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Media Encoder 15.1 - 300% slower then old Version

Since Update to 15.1 my project takes 4 Hours to render in 4K H264, with the old Versions it was done in 1 Hour and 10 Min.

GPU: Nvidia 1080 TI
    Driver: 466.11

Usage: MP4 Footage 4K + Lumetri + some small AE Overlays

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make changing presets and destinations logical.

AME is very contra intuitive regarding to choosing a preset for multiple queue items. There is an incomplete popup-menu, and we can not drag a preset to all selected items at once.

-Add User Presets and Aliases to the Popup Menu

-When multiple items are selecting, set a preset for all of thos by double clicking it in the Preset Browser, or dragging it to one of the selected queued items.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please fix the hide shortcut function for Encoder

Media encoder 15.0-15.2 no longer supports the hide and minimize features via hotkey, nor is it in the hotkeys options. The older versions supported such basic functionality. I have to click on the minimize button to push it to the dock but command+M and command+H do nothing. Very frustrating. Please fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. iPhone/Android app connected to desktop app.

iPhone/Android app that allows the user to check on the progress of an export and sends an alert when complete or failed. Ability to reset export from a distance or change export settings if failed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hardware acceleration repair

Pre-settings (bitrate) do not match in final export when hardware acceleration on. Everything is ok when software option is activated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to set alignment in NAME overlay preset

Sure i can make a preset to put the overlay in a specific place, but they are always center justified. So for longer names, it has to be adjusted each time - which is like not having a preset at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG!!! Prores limited to 60fps in Media Encoder 2020

Prores is limited to 60fps in Media encoder 2020. Must be corrected ASAP.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Overwrite image sequences is actually impossible

I would like to be able to overwrite a sequence of images. Actually, it is not possible: AME creates a new sequence each time with a ~$ prefix in its name.

Thank you !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base