Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Consistently present, short drops in picture quality in rendered videos

I noticed that rendered videos contain one or more glitches in the footage where picture quality drops considerably for a few seconds, then returns to normal. The problem appears to be a compression issue, it has been present for at least a year, and probably has a complex causal background.
    The drops in quality are not random. If the video is re-rendered, they always show up again and at the same time coordinate for the given project. They are visible in both VLC and Media Player.
    I noticed it first when exporting Animate CC animations but it also happens when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Select source audio tracks

When I get rushes that have 4 tracks of audio I want to be able to choose the tracks that I want to process and mute in AME to create dailies. Much like Modify Clip > Audio Channels in Premiere Pro.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Redner Freezes

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), OS 11.6, 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB.

When sending a composition from AE 22.0.0 (111) to Media Encoder 22.0.0 (107), it loads the render file fine. However, when I start the render, it freezes within the first 5-10 seconds. I usually have to force quit ME, restart the program, reset the status of the file, then start it again. If i try to stop the render, I get the apple watch cursor or a pinwheel.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to use Media Encoder with Captivate.

States my trial has expired however it worked earlier today and was included with my Captivate purchase. Please help ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add support to upload video to Vimeo Teams. I can only upload to my personal page.

It would save me so much time if I could upload to my team's page directly through ME.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Duplicate As"

Make it easier to duplicate all files in the que by clicking CTRL+A then right-click duplicate instead of the current CTRL+left-click each individual project then right-click duplicate.

Include "Duplicate As" feature that allows us to choose a new file format & preset for the duplicated items and don't add "_1" to the end of the new file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Media Encoder does not work

Since the latest update when I add a render from after effects to the AME queue and start the render it just hangs. Doesn't render anything. Doesn't give an ETA. Waited for an hour, still nothing. Useless.
    I don't understand why adobe would bother releasing this without checking this function beforehand.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug - chime sound at the end of encoding

since MAX update the chime sound playing when encoding is done, is no longer the standard/usual sound, but the "sheep sound" which was used before for error messages.
    This is pretty annoying and irritating

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. After Effects to Media Encoder Bug: Not Rendering All Frames

When my friend exported her animation into the Media Encoder, it doesn't render all frames of the pre-composed animation.

After you close After Effects and Media Encoder, and open After Effects again, the program adapts to what Media Encoder saw, and also doesn't see the frame, as it did before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. After Effects to Media Encoder Bug: Not Rendering All Frames

When my friend exported her animation into the Media Encoder, it doesn't render all frames of the pre-composed animation.

After you close After Effects and Media Encoder, and open After Effects again, the program adapts to what Media Encoder saw, and also doesn't see the frame, as it did before, as seen in the beginning of the video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. After Effects + .json source text sometimes ignored via Media Encoder?

I'm doing lots of source text changes (via essential propeties) in precomposed text layers using external Json files to change the text. In the majority of these cases everything works fine and I've done over 2000 of these renders this way.

But every once in a while the text layer ignores the json file and just used the default text inside the text pre-comp even through it's all connected with expressions correctly.

This is a consistent issue across multiple versions of After Effects, Media encoder and on both Mac and PC. From 2019, 2020, 2021 and the new beta.

As…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The export in H264 50i is now only available in "CPU ONLY" mode ...

It's incredible how the evolutions and updates reduce the capacities and performances of this application which is so useful, necessary and important...

Since a few versions, the updates modify the capacities of settings and configurations of the exports in a very restrictive way, not to say aggressive.
    Now it's the top: if you want to export H264 in 50i, you can only do it in "CPU only" mode...
    It's the last straw when you realize that the CPU is only used at less than 50% of its potential.

Efficiency and performance do not seem to be your leitmotiv anymore... You…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BUG: Media Encoder 22 just freezes with new multi-frame rendering feature

Media Encoder 22 just freezes during render at exact point with new multi-frame rendering feature enabled. It happens when composition has some effects: wave warp and turbulent displace in my case (also there was duik rigged character). After closing and reloading Encoder it is impossible to add project to it from AE and PC needs to be restarted. When multi-frame rendering is off - everything is ok.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Media Encoder does not work properly. I can't

Media Encoder does not work properly with complex layer types. I can't connect to my After Effects file to export video. It just try to load the window but nothing happens...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Slow Media Encoder performance after last update

Super slow rendering after last update (version 22.0)

Composition that takes 30 seconds in the native AFF render takes in Media Encoder more than an hour.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG: Dynamic link not working when there are billing issues.

Dynamic link does not work when there are billing issues. Before recent update Media encoder did not even receive compositions from After Effects (due to exactly same issue). After recent update ME receives the compositions but freezes on "conecting to dynamic link" when running render queue.

Workaround is to render .avi in AE and re-render in in ME.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Deinterlacing - AME Exporting Only Upper Field

If you try to take an interlaced video and deinterlace it with AME (i.e. choose progressive instead of upper field), it exports only the upper field. It would helpful if you could toggle between upper field only, blending, motion compensation, etc.

I've tried with both ProRes SQ .mov and XDCAM .mxf.

Special image to check fields being used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base