Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rendering with different preset causes jaggy/jagged edges

I used to be able to render a 1920p comp from Media Encoder in 720p or lower nd it would still have clean edges. Now when I do it, the edges are all jaggy/jagged/pixelated. Why??

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ME won't start encoding from Premiere...

After I had a problem with the payment plan I haven't been able to export from Premiere. I have tried 14.4, 14.3 and 14.0, and none of them works with Premiere. After Effects Comps will enocode just fine.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More descriptive Dynamic Link progress

AME can take minutes 'Connecting to Dynamic Link Server'.
    It's hard to believe this takes so much time. I guess it's doing some checks and gathering footage. Maybe it's nice to tell that to the user. The progress bar just feels like it's frozen.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Additional YouTube Settings

On my YouTube channel, comments are held for review by default, not automatically published. However when a video is uploaded to YouTube via Media Encoder, comments are automatically published, which is a problem. All other aspects of the YouTube publishing work great, it's only the comments issue that I'm having.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please revert the icon colours to contrasting colours

It's a minor irritation EVERY time I go to open an application of project file in a multi-project folder.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Loudness correction needs to also corrects “loudness range” LRA (0-15LU)

For r128 compliance the Loudness correction needs to also corrects “loudness range” LRA (0-15LU)
    That's mandatory for TV deliveries.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can't output a gif from a video without artifacts

Set to match source quality and it outputs garbage. Use to work before the update...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Media Encoder should allow a user to specify a Default Preset.

Media Encoder Beta should allow a user to specify a Preset as a default. Right now, the current behavior is to assign a H.264 preset as the default. If there are a lot of files to encode, it would be tedious to change each one in turn.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. De-Interlacing as setting in export dialogue

When you get an interlaced graphics file for tv and have to do an online version in progressive you need to transcode it with the best de-interlacing possible

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please ADD Pro res 422 120fps :)

this used to be a feature in older versions. what. happened.......

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Plugin loading

When I install a new plugin or do an update / update, AME takes a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogo to initialize, load or do something with the plugins. It's boring, frustrating and boring (did I mention it's boring and long time waiting?).
    Is it not possible to load the plugin (at least from third parties) only when it is in the composition? It would save a lot of time and the AME will run more faster.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Removing of bugs associated with Media Encoder such as the application locks up on you when attempting to create a mp4 copy.

I find that this Media Encoder is not reliable, the applications locks up while trying to complete a task causing extra time placing keyframes that had already been established previously in the file that was to be encoded.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG: Dynamic Link Broken AE > ME

Today updated to the very latest AFX(17.0.6) and Media Encoder(14.1) and the dynamic link connection won't work. Windows 10

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 最新のAdobe Media Encoderでm2ts読み込むと、エラーになります。対処方ありますか?

最新のAdobe Media Encoderでm2ts読み込むと、エラーになります。対処方ありますか?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Multi Instance Encoding

AME does not use all cores, because of unknown reason (OpenSource encoder can do this). I have an 32 Core CPU (Threadripper) and only 5 Cores used.

Either AME should scale encoding processes (without GPU) to more cores, or AME should allow to start multiple instances (without GPU) to use the other cores in parallel.

In my case encoding into DNX 4K takes only 5 cores with only 200Mb/s and waste the other cores with doing nothing. Encoding takes two times than the length (approx. 30fps). I could render 6 streams in parallel without any problems, but i can't and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. AME 2020 fails on encoding 4K HEVC(H265), in AME 2019 it works fine

Today I repeatedly tried to encode a 4K HEVC(H265) file, and I got very quick fails with error code 7 (Out of Memory). Checked save locations, memory usage, disk cache, etc. Closed AME2020, reopened, etc.
    Then I reinstalled AME2019, and it worked like a charm.

So it's a new bug, I guess...

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. YouTube publishing settings add to Playlist error

Since updating to the most recent version of Adobe Media Encoder, I have been getting an error after encoding when using the YouTube plbilshing settings. The error I receive is "YouTube(WARNING) - Video couldn't be added to Playlist. Error: Video not found."

The odd thing is, the video uploaded to YouTube successfully, and it was also added to the proper playlist. So I'm not sure why this error is getting triggered. In the logs it's shows that this is triggered after the queue has ended, but before the YouTube link is added in the log.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring back .mov support please

I agree that .mov is outdated, but it is still a very typical format that drops in from time to time. Support for old formats is really really usefull, one never knows when they pop up. And it's stressfull to have to jump to free softwares like handbrake to get the job done

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base