Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Rendering of AE project fails part way through in latest version (15.0, 2021)

I can't complete any renderings from After Effects using the latest (15.0) version of Media Encoder. It fails partway through with an error. This is a 1080p project rendering to h.264 using the Vimeo preset.

Related post here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder/encoding-failed-component-h-264-of-type-exporter-selector-9-error-code-3/m-p/11899051#M12005

I downgraded Media Encoder and After Effects to the previous (2020) versions of both, and successfully rendered using those versions.

I've also successfully avoided the error by rendering directly out of AE into an Uncompressed file, and re-encoding with Media Encoder into h.264.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Media Encoder with closed caption option

It would be wonderful feature if Media encoder would have to option to embaded closed captions in the transcoding, available as well with the watchfolder option. For exemple, if a closed caption format like STL or SCC has the same file name as the video, Media Encoder associate them.

Thank you and hopefully will find this comment useful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add simple keyboard shortcuts for the queue

Specifically for reordering files in the queue; to my knowledge, the only way to reorder queued files is to manually drag them into place. It would be nice if there were basic shortcuts for shifting a file (or multiple files) up or down in the queue without having to drag them around. Or even a shortcut for placing a file at the top/bottom of the queue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. La sauvegarde de la file d'attente ne peut pas être ouverte dans l'onglet fichier. perdu aussi a la fermeture de ME

ajouter a l'onglet "fichier" :
    "ouvrir une file d'attente"

Pourquoi ne pas "associer" une file d'attente dans le(s) projet(s) projet PR, AE, ... ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PREVENT ADOBE PRODUCTS FROM STEALING FOCUS

It's simple: please stop allowing your programs to steal focus from one another (or anything at all for that matter). How many times a day when working in Premiere do I click "ctrl-m" to export a clip or video, then continue my work on the timeline in Premiere only to have Adobe Media Player STEAL FOCUS when I don't care AT ALL that it is importing something into its queue. I know it's importing. I requested that. DO IT IN THE BACKGROUND. There is NO REASON WHATSOEVER to interrupt my continued work just to make me WATCH THE IMPORT PROGRESS.…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. See live rendering on smartphone

Hello everyone,

As I was waiting for my videos on Media Encoder to be done, I was thinking of a feature that can let me check the status of the queue and a preview of the encoding video directly on my smartphone, thanks to an app or a page on my cloud I could check on a web browser. That would be a really good feature when you are away from your computer but still want to see if everything is going okay. I know we all hate when we watch the renders and realise something went wrong!

Have a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio Error when Ingesting Varicam LT footage from Premiere

I ran into an issue in Premiere 15.1 where my Varicam LT 4k footage had all of it's 4 channel audio turned into white noise. This was not an issue in 15.0. I reverted back, but when I created Proxies for that footage, Media Encoder 15.1 turned the audio into white noise again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. After Affects Rendering Old Version in Media Encoder

When trying to render an AE file in AME, changes are not reflected and rendering an old version

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG!! Since the last update 14.1 i can't use Media Encoder in Windows

Even I returned to previous versions and it's the same, I unistalled it and the same... I can't use Media Encoder anymore. Can't load any Comps even from differents files of After Effects...

I don't know what else can do...

Please Fix it ASAP.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: media encoder not exporting all layers in timeline if there are nested layers...

have Beta testers that do intense editing test your products and stop releasing broken programs..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Low priority option and CPU cores quantity

Add an option to lower the encoding priority, to leave the computer usable. It will then be possible to continue editing or other tasks without having a slow PC to use, even if the encoding takes longer of course.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add option to copy video to additional location after encode is completed

This software is called media ENCODER so technically this doesn't really fall under it's rubric but, since one can queue multiple encodes to different locations it would also be helpful to have post encoding options such as the ability to copy a finished job to multiple locations, this allows one to automatically output to all needed locations, but also avoid unnecessary re-encoding. It's just a convenience thing.

I am often encoding to an external drive to be used as a delivery medium, but that is not the location that will be used for archiving of the project. A given encode…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Appdata/temp/Adobe Adobe Media Encoder Audio Previews?

I found an folder called "Appdata/temp/Adobe Adobe Media Encoder Audio Previews". Should it be "Appdata/temp/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder Audio Previews"?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FIX ENCODING of iPhone's garbage 4K HEVC H.265 TO 1080P H.264

PLEASE FIX MEDIA ENCODER TO NOT CRASH AND BURN WHEN CONVERTING IPHONE'S SHITY 4K HEVC H.265 VIDEOS TO 1080P H.264 MP4. THE FEW TIMES IT HAS RENDERED IT TOOK OVER AN HOUR ON AN I9 WITH 64GB OF RAM AND A NEW NVIDIA 3080! AND THE SOUND WAS TOTALLY FUCKED AND THE VIDEO WAS GLITCHY AS COULD POSSIBLY BE. THE ORIGINAL VIDEO WAS ONLY 4MIN IN LENGTH...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Permission inheritance for temp files and folders

When rendering AE-comps via AME, the created _AME folder and the tmp.aep files lack the correct permissions, resulting in failed renders with the log underneath.

When manually changing the permissions in MacOS (select the parent folder and Apply to Enclosing Items), AME can render it.

My request: make sure that all created folders and files inherit permissions form their parents.

Log:

• Source File: /[path]aep_AME/tmpAEtoAMEProjec[this was my filename].aep

• Output File: [this was my output path]

• Preset Used: DNX HQX 1080p 25

• Video:

• Audio:

• Bitrate:

• Encoding Time: 00:00:00
      04/28/2021 10:54:54 AM : Encoding Failed

Could not read from the source. Please check…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Media Encoder 15.1 does not render all tracks to stereo AAC

Found a bug in Media Encoder 15.1.

User action:
    Try to transcode clip with 12 tracks of audio into stereo AAC in Media Encoder

Expected behavior: All 12 audio tracks get mixed down to two stereo tracks in exported clip

Actual behavior: Only first 6 tracks get mixed down to two stereo tracks, and tracks 7-12 are silenced

For what it's worth, trying the same thing out of Premiere 15.0.0 directly does actually work: all 12 tracks do correctly get mixed down into two stereo AAC tracks.

This is on Windows 10 19042.928.

Attached is an image of the track…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug: Media encoder is not recieving my after effects composition

When I choose to add my composition to the render queue it is not showing up at all. This was never an issue before I updated the After effects and Media Encoders to the new beta today.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Avoid window to steal focus of premiere

I would like an option to force the window of media encoder to be minimized, so every time I send something to the queue doesn't still the focus of premiere and I can continue working. When I have smalls edits in a lot of videos is annoying to waste time in minimizing the screen 1000 times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adding Remuxing/Multiplexing option to export with copy codec

Hello Everybody,

I would like to ask if there could be an option added maybe to premiere or especially to Adobe Media Encoder to be able to Remux files to different containers.

Option also without transcoding just copy the CODECS from input file and change only the container.

Example there is one really important remuxing that is needed and there are just so limited the options for someting so simple.

In Broadcasting Centers there are still a lot of equipment that only support Transport Stream (TS), as there is only option from Adobe for MPEG2 and not for H264 which…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base