Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add HAP codec family to export options

With the removal of Legacy Quicktime codecs, I can't export HAP from the latest Media Encoders.

This is an open source codec. Please add it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add suport for eGPU for faster encoding

Please add support for eGPU processing on macs for faster encoding or at least move the encoding over to an eGPU to free up other resources.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: media encoder doesn't update changes made to video

I've found that this has happened a number of times now.
    After i've made edits to a video and then save, and then add to render queue. I scrub through the footage in media encoder to check it and find that the changes haven't been made, and obviously exporting it won't have changes made. I need to add the video 2-3 times again into the render queue before it updates. This is a massive waste of time as I sometimes need to do a whole bunch of videos quickly for clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Purchase AME standalone

I have been trying AME and love it...but there's no way of buying this or subscribing as a standalone app/product!

I shouldn't need to subscribe to all video editing software just to get a license to use AME!

I'm happy to pay ...but not for software I won't use just to get AME.

If I want to buy a car air freshener....I don't buy a new car to get it ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Exporting Correct After Effects Color Management

Media encoder changes to the last default you placed in when sending VFX shots to be exported. It strips out all the settings placed for exporting out 4444 prores and universal film density and bit depth. Would be great to have all those remain intact when sending out an export.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MP2

I'm a public radio producer, and one of the formats I need to export to is .MP2 audio. Most radio stations require this for distribution (weird, but something we have to work with), and this would greatly streamline my production workflow. Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ae to AME 2019 broken dynamic link issue?

Ae to AME 2019 is broken dynamic link issue?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adding an option to export animated GIF's in 60 fps.

Having to export things in 50 fps via the Animated GIF option gets close to perfect, but 60 fps is the dream option. GIF Sequence at 60 fps doesn't work for any of my project, as it works its way on 6 fps and puts the total time of the GIF to about 10x longer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. DPP AS11 files level shift

Exporting DPP AS11 files has awful levels shift. Shadows raised and highlights dropped. I've tested creating AS11 in Media Encoder from a dozen different mezzanine files and encounter the same. So Media Encoder doesn't appear to be an option for AS11 creation as far as I can tell. It's strange as I've used it the past so will test some older Media Encoder versions and see if there is a version where it works.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Media Encoder Cloud Rendering + Pricing Schemes

As someone that's used Adobe products over the years while some of them were still called 'Macromedia' products, I feel that rendering feels a lot slower than I remember. Sure, I know effects have gotten more complicated, but so have the pricing schemes - most users I know are satisfied enough to pay for a Photoshop + Lightroom monthly program, because it's worth it. Surely there should be a package where if I were to get 2-4 apps that work with Media Encoder, it should be a bundle instead of RM100+ a month where I am. Adobe isn't a hardware…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adobe Prem 2019 Project, FAIL to import to Media Encoder CC2018

Created project in Adobe Prem 2019. Project Saved to NAS.
    Open Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018, drag and drop pr project - FAIL. Reason unknown.

Projects created in Adobe Prem 2018 do not suffer this fault. Please review.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can you please make 2017 version (11) available for download?

Some computers are still running fine for video work but cannot be upgraded to the OS that supports 2018. Please make 2017 Media Encoder available for download.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adding a Fast Start option like MPEG Streamclip has

Some Publishers require exports to have a Fast Start built into an export and the only way to do this with Adobe is encode it again after export, using MPEG Streamclip or FFMPEG. Would love to not have to re-encode an export.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Edit Default Length of Stitched Images (AME CC 2019)

Currently, there is no effective way to edit the length of imported images that you wish to stitch together. The default length is 5 seconds and the only way to 'modify' that is by using Export Settings > Effects > Time Tuner and altering the Target Duration or Duration Change (%). That's great and all... as long as you don't have to change the duration by more than 10%, which is the max.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Publish video straight to We Transfer

The ability to send a video over WeTransfer once an export has finished. Much like the way you can publish to YouTube or an FTP server etc.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. export server

Would be nice to be able to render/export the project from another machine like a server.

We have the functionality store and access the footage from a server but when it comes to rendering the final version it ends up being done by the local PC. Would help those with lower end devices edit on their low end devices then set their powerful server to render/export their footage as they see fit and continue working from their device as normal while the server does the heavy workload.

If this is already a thing then point me in right direction since…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Media Encoder fails to open perfectly good H.264 files.

Media Encoder won't open some H.264 files that open just fine in QuickTime Player and IINA. Example attached.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Get Media Encoder to respect all fonts from Premiere Pro.

Media Encoder CC 2019 doesn't respect my client's proprietary font which works fine in Premiere Pro, but instead replaces it with a generic font. Highly annoying and time consuming to discover this in the middle of a long batch export. Had to do them all from Premiere.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow uploading to Google Drive

Allow uploading to a Google Drive account and specific folder, particularly business accounts that do not support "Backup and Sync".

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base